2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Mars stadium in Ballarat is widely held in the football industry to be on the top shelf when it comes to playing surfaces in the AFL and the facilities are first class for a provincial city stadium. Have you ever actually attended a game of footy there?
It is a freezing cold, wet, windy hole of a ground. I’m sure teams are busting a gut to play there.

I hate when it has to be spelled out ... how about "how's your glasshouse?".

If Ballarat is a "shithole" and Tasmania is "deliverance country" - maybe time to check your reference point.
You know it's funny, I can still remember sitting on a ferry in Hobart next to a couple from Europe talking to each other about visiting Adelaide.

Without request a complete ******* from Melbourne offered up his free advice that SA was a shithole and there was nothing to see there.

I'd never witnessed such deliberate and vindictive behaviour. So I engaged with the couple and after laughing at the Melbourne mans obvious lack of international travel and pointing out his small penis (he tried to argue this point but his wife wouldn't have anything of it.) the couple where extremely interested in SA and subsequently booked tickets to Adelaide and some site seeing options, much to the chargrin of our small penised Melbourne friend (and his embarrassed wife)

So to this day, I've never bagged any destinations because what I like or dislike is different to others and you never know who is listening.

However on the ferry we all agreed, Melbourne is full a w***ers and for the most part the Eastern seaboard is made up of people who can't afford a good holiday, so bag places they'll never see. Happy for them to hit up Bali

Mars stadium in Ballarat is widely held in the football industry to be on the top shelf when it comes to playing surfaces in the AFL and the facilities are first class for a provincial city stadium. Have you ever actually attended a game of footy there?

It’s one of the best playing surfaces I’ve seen, an absolute carpet. I was there when we got obliterated last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If the limit on crowds is 75%, How will the club pick the unlucky 25%? Do any of us expect a part refund on our 2021 membership if we did the right thing in 2020 and paid full fees and get told we cant attend a home game? I emailed the club and the response seemed to indicate they haven't given it much thought

How much of the ground is membership? If it’s 75% members, it could be a case of members get in with their memberships, but there’s no general public sales.

And Round 2 is the Tigers at the G, followed in Round 3 with Port in the Showdown and to round out the first month , Round 4 at the Gabba against the Lions.

That's an unreal start. I thought they tried to get the lower clubs to play each other a bit so one or 2 looked like it was worth continuing with the season. We'll be 0-4, all sound thrashings.

That's an unreal start. I thought they tried to get the lower clubs to play each other a bit so one or 2 looked like it was worth continuing with the season. We'll be 0-4, all sound thrashings.
Someone forgot to tell you that's not our fixture

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Ballarat colder than Melbourne during the day?
Haven't spent a whole heap of time there myself, but I'd imagine it would be similar to the Hills temps vs Adelaide CBD.

If the limit on crowds is 75%, How will the club pick the unlucky 25%? Do any of us expect a part refund on our 2021 membership if we did the right thing in 2020 and paid full fees and get told we cant attend a home game? I emailed the club and the response seemed to indicate they haven't given it much thought
It's a good point, and I suspect that apart from the automatic membership renewals, that many other members across AFL clubs have thought long and hard about what types of packages that they will sign up to for this year. It's interesting that few if any AFL clubs have posted their progressive membership tallies for 2021. There are some who are saying that membership numbers haven't been affected; but given the lingering uncertainty about the stability of borders; ongoing COVID restrictions that will linger until widespread vaccination and herd immunity is implemented (not likely to be achieved until November 21); and the prevailing likelihood that spectator numbers will be limited to 25% stadium capacity in Melbourne and Victoria, then I really cannot see how membership numbers won't be impacted. I think that we should anticipate a 10-20% drop in membership numbers across the board based upon fan's expectations for reduced stadium numbers, possible disruption to the competition in the event of any further outbreaks during the Winter months, and the possibility of the creation of further game playing bubbles in QLD and WA as occurred last year.

Last edited:
Having a proper ready through that fixture at the start of February and despite our boys looking fitter, stronger and all of that, there is genuine danger we could go 0-13 come the bye.

It's a seriously difficult first half of the season for a team that came 18th.

Next two round are out. Showdown is Saturday Night so not stand alone. Saturday Arvo against GWS at home

Round seven
Friday, April 30

Richmond v Western Bulldogs at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, May 1
Collingwood v Gold Coast at the MCG, 1.45pm AEST
Adelaide v GWS Giants at Adelaide Oval, 1.40pm ACST
St Kilda v Hawthorn at Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST
Sydney v Geelong at the SCG, 7.25pm AEST
Brisbane v Port Adelaide at the Gabba, 7.25pm AEST

Sunday, May 2
North Melbourne v Melbourne at Blundstone Arena, 1.10pm AEST
Essendon v Carlton at the MCG, 3.20pm AEST
West Coast v Fremantle at Optus Stadium, 2.40pm AWST

Round eight
Friday, May 7

Richmond v Geelong at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, May 8
GWS Giants v Essendon at Giants Stadium, 1.45pm AEST
Gold Coast v St Kilda at Metricon Stadium, 2.10pm AEST
North Melbourne v Collingwood at Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST
Melbourne v Sydney at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST
Port Adelaide v Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACST

Sunday, May 9
Hawthorn v West Coast at the MCG, 1.10pm AEST
Western Bulldogs v Carlton at Marvel Stadium, 3.20pm AEST
Fremantle v Brisbane at Optus Stadium, 2.40pm AWST

Want to have a guess when our last night home Showdown was?

Spoiler: it was 2007

Since then we will have played EIGHT away Showdowns at night, zero at home

Port Power supporters should be embarrassed. They are so delusional they probably don't even realise why they get the Saturday night games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back