Preview Round 4 v Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval Friday 9th April 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rioli started the game as a sub so Bolton was probably given his small forward role

Fair to say it didn't work out. Didn't get a spike in pressure i50 and lost Bolton's clearance output.

It was about this point of last season when Shai really started to show something special as the lightest inside mid in the comp. I'd just leave him predominantly centre square, with Prestia out and Cotch marginal.

Someone suggested Rioli to the wing, and I'm warming to the idea. Sadly, we don't have the cattle to drop him entirely. He needs something as a circuit breaker, because he looks a bit stuck in a disinterested loop.

I may be wrong but MRJ posted an IG story with Daniel getting a haircut moments ago.

Based on that I get the feeling he is out of the side this week, given he'd otherwise be on the plane by now?

Mistake for mine, could use the pressure even though he's down on form. Aarts not best 22 and too slow.

my prediction for tonights changes

out : rioli mcintosh (inj) presita (inj) eggs (heart) aarts
in: houli dinga martyn ross chol
Dimma saying he'd love for Samson to get games... For another team and then selects Mabior "The World Tallest Witches Hat" Chol whenever we need height. Would be right on form for the mc. Also, Dinga has to be Mansell's nickname lol.

Dimma saying he'd love for Samson to get games... For another team and then selects Mabior "The World Tallest Witches Hat" Chol whenever we need height. Would be right on form for the mc. Also, Dinga has to be Mansell's nickname lol.
yes dinga is it. reckon the players might cotton on to that one too

reckon we need another tall. id select ccj if he was available

Don't agree..we played players who were obviously injured or underdone in the last third of the season instead of resting them

Agree to disagree . Don't take my word for it though - Jack Riewoldt himself talked about it in a lot of detail at the 7:30 mark of the below interview with 360 - about how in 2018 we were completely humming, but the team petered out, failed to evolve & because of that we fell completely flat come the end of the year. The system we play in 2020 was a direct result of us learning about the importance of constantly evolving and keeping our game plan fresh, not only to keep1 foot up on our opponents, but to avoid complacency within the group. The loss in 2018 was "a gift".

I think its hard to say we didn't share the load enough in 2018 when 85% of the list played seniors - below is a breakdown of the players played, in each round etc.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.08.36 pm.png

yes dinga is it. reckon the players might cotton on to that one too

reckon we need another tall. id select ccj if he was available

Chol makes sense this week as he can apply forward pressure & is in a complete different class for speed, getting around the ground etc. - neither CCJ or Samson can do that

Im not a big fan of Chol either - incredibly inconsistent and can't be relied upon, but this week he makes strategic sense. If he has one of his farters though, will be a long road back to seniors for him, Both he & Eggs might as well start a book club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may be wrong but MRJ posted an IG story with Daniel getting a haircut moments ago.

Based on that I get the feeling he is out of the side this week, given he'd otherwise be on the plane by now?

Mistake for mine, could use the pressure even though he's down on form. Aarts not best 22 and too slow.
probs a fresh do for the flight

Agree to disagree . Don't take my word for it though - Jack Riewoldt himself talked about it in a lot of detail at the 7:30 mark of the below interview with 360 - about how in 2018 we were completely humming, but the team petered out, failed to evolve & because of that we fell completely flat come the end of the year. The system we play in 2020 was a direct result of us learning about the importance of constantly evolving and keeping our game plan fresh, not only to keep1 foot up on our opponents, but to avoid complacency within the group. The loss in 2018 was "a gift".

I think its hard to say we didn't share the load enough in 2018 when 85% of the list played seniors - below is a breakdown of the players played, in each round etc.

View attachment 1096948

You believe everything the players and coaches tell the media?

I weep for the future if you do

What kind of backwards thinking losers reminisce about dropping a Preliminary final with such reverence? When is our 2018 Prelim 'Making their Mark' episode coming out where the players lovingly discuss the game?
Apparently the video with Port talking about what it takes to win a final goes for 4:04 minutes. What do they talk about for the other 4 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back