Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Who will be returning from injury this week. Webster Marshall,maybe Ryder, anyone else
Probably no one, but Byrnes is listed as a test and Geary 1-2 weeks so our injury list might not look as bad in a fortnight, touch wood.

HunterClarksHeadband

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
IMG_4972.JPG

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Crap news about Hannebery, but at least nice to get some clarity around what's going on with him.

Great news about Marshall.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
How else do you give a bloke who everybody knows is shot a contract of that length?
Reminds me of the blokes who hurt themselves on the weekend dose themselves up with painkillers crawl into work and "do" their back 1o minutes into their shift! Absolute con-job from the beginning!
I think he meant how do you know it’s AFL money?

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
How else do you give a bloke who everybody knows is shot a contract of that length?
Reminds me of the blokes who hurt themselves on the weekend dose themselves up with painkillers crawl into work and "do" their back 1o minutes into their shift! Absolute con-job from the beginning!
You know that players are paid by the AFL right???

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes but they weren't already stuffed when they got to us.
Frawley on a single year contract on 2 bob, wouldn't have been against Hannabery if on a similar deal.
But we sold the farm on a known liability on a long contract on big $$!
We didn't sell the farm, he's costing less than Srb Ross ATM just fyi.
l still don't see how Dan was supposed to predict his future enough to substantiate fraud.

Kennedy84

Senior List
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Frawley on a single year contract on 2 bob, wouldn't have been against Hannabery if on a similar deal.
Atleast je won't trigger the games clausr for an additional 5th year.

I was pretty excited during the pre season, those feelings are now long gone.....who's looking good in the draft.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda

We had to spend that money somewhere. I'd rather it go into the pockets of a guy with Premiership winning experience than inflating the paychecks of a Seb Ross, Lonie, Savage, Billings, Gresham, Webster etc. Nobody from the year we signed Hannebery deserved a larger paycheck each week, and with the requirement to spend a minimum amount - that money had to go somewhere.
No one wanted to come, we had a ton of money to spend on some players but nobody wanted to play for St Kilda.

We haven't missed out on anyone because Hannebery is getting paid whatever he is.

Back