Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... did they really show fed square on the screens at Optus during the final?
They sure did :D

There's a few gems in there too, like early celebrations before a shot hits the post, that made it into the broadcast in glorious HD.

fu**en hate how reactionary footy media is
View attachment 1096538

They jump on and off like confused train commuters at this time of year.

Already we’ve had...

Brisbane being written off
Port Adelaide declared basically unbeatable
Sydney are now in the midst of a fairytale run and Buddy will just be a side-act.

+ The Eagles are now complete

Yet we’ll cop it from all sides if we drop this game to St Kilda, supposedly a premiership contender 3 weeks ago, but now considered awful...

Did get a chortle from Nick Dal Santo on AFL Tonight yesterday -

“The Saints have West Coast this week, which is no easy game, even though it is in Melbourne...”

At least it isn’t at the MCG I guess...we can’t win a flag if we can’t win at G. 🤪

OK Gill......

AFL boss hopes to ‘one day’ bring Grand Final to Sydney

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan has admitted NSW could “one day” host the AFL Grand Final.

The AFL boss is targeting more grounds, players and fans in NSW and told Ben Fordham that a Grand Final could be on the cards.

“One day, but it’s a long time away!” Mr McLachlan said.

“We’re contracted for a long period of time at the MCG.”

OK Gill......

AFL boss hopes to ‘one day’ bring Grand Final to Sydney

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan has admitted NSW could “one day” host the AFL Grand Final.

The AFL boss is targeting more grounds, players and fans in NSW and told Ben Fordham that a Grand Final could be on the cards.

“One day, but it’s a long time away!” Mr McLachlan said.

“We’re contracted for a long period of time at the MCG.”

Lulz - Australian media showing it's sparkling lack of intelligence again.

Gil for his part answered honestly.

Fordham however appears like he has absolutely no idea that the MCG Grand Final contract goes to 2057...

Sounds sweet for Eagles‘ supporters (including myself) to hear. However, it is a bit too early to tell after Round 3 for the reasons:
1. R1 win is again a weak team.
2. R3 win is against a team who want to reserve their enegy for a R4 revenege of their loss in the 2020 home SF. Port Adelaide did not put too much pressure against the Eagles on Saturday night.
3. R2 is a loss.

History told me that we are only a real flag contender if we finish top 2 after R23. This requires 18 wins or 17 wins with good percentage. We can do that but is not easy.

Sounds sweet for Eagles‘ supporters (including myself) to hear. However, it is a bit too early to tell after Round 3 for the reasons:
1. R1 win is again a weak team.
2. R3 win is against a team who want to reserve their enegy for a R4 revenege of their loss in the 2020 home SF. Port Adelaide did not put too much pressure against the Eagles on Saturday night.
3. R2 is a loss.

History told me that we are only a real flag contender if we finish top 2 after R23. This requires 18 wins or 17 wins with good percentage. We can do that but is not easy.
My prediction is 16 wins will get second spot, possibly even 15 and good %. It looks like the only easybeat this year is North, possibly GWS (due to injury). That means all teams will have "shock" losses along the way and there will probably be a logjam in the middle of the ladder to get into the 8. This might be another year where 13 wins is needed to guarantee finals.

My prediction is 16 wins will get second spot, possibly even 15 and good %. It looks like the only easybeat this year is North, possibly GWS (due to injury). That means all teams will have "shock" losses along the way and there will probably be a logjam in the middle of the ladder to get into the 8. This might be another year where 13 wins is needed to guarantee finals.

That has us second on 15 wins.

You can manually do it if you can be bothered.

That has us second on 15 wins.

You can manually do it if you can be bothered.

It has us second if you run it auto, or did you manually get that result? When I checked Flagpole and other sections of Squiggle on Tuesday it had us just making up the numbers in the 8.

It has us second if you run it auto, or did you manually get that result? When I checked Flagpole and other sections of Squiggle on Tuesday it had us just making up the numbers in the 8.

I did the autorun.

Its good as a base and you can go in an manually change rounds if you dont agree.

It does generate different results if you just run it auto. I ran it separately a few times and got results between 1 and 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll get in there if we roll the cats in a couple of weeks
If we roll the cats at Kardinia we are winning the flag this year. If we can overcome the bullshit that is their crappy small ground and shitty weather, and win, we are going all the way. I'm not joking, the game would mean that much.

If we roll the cats at Kardinia we are winning the flag this year. If we can overcome the bullshit that is their crappy small ground and shitty weather, and win, we are going all the way. I'm not joking, the game would mean that much.

Yeah it would 100% give the team a massive boost they can win it.

This year i would like us to beat a bogy in Cats there or the Swans at the SCG.

This infuriates me. This podcast refers to "the stats that show the WA teams are 'home track bullies'".

Yet how many media punters pointed out that we are the only team IN VFL/AFL HISTORY/ to go through a season unbeaten in Victoria? That'd be zero.

This infuriates me. This podcast refers to "the stats that show the WA teams are 'home track bullies'".

Yet how many media punters pointed out that we are the only team IN VFL/AFL HISTORY/ to go through a season unbeaten in Victoria? That'd be zero.
And more importantly, what the * is a "home track bully". Get your frickin metaphors right....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back