Preview Changes: R4 2021 vs North Melbourne

What will the AFC do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one slightly worried with this game? I don’t like the mentality of it being an easy beat and we will thrash them....too many scars!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope, I'm worried too.

This could easily turn into a repeat of Round 4 2019 if we turn up thinking we have the game already won.

Nope, I'm worried too.

This could easily turn into a repeat of Round 4 2019 if we turn up thinking we have the game already won.

Who worries about individual results in a rebuild? It's a bigger picture game. We'll learn a lot from getting ahead ahead of ourselves and pantsed when expected to win.

That was not a contested mark let alone a pack mark. The SANFL stats say, 1 mark, Zero contested marks.

A player marking on a lead with his opponent trailing behind him is not a contested mark let alone a pack mark.
Did you watch that game?

I'm not going to give you multiple stills.

It's four minutes into the last quarter, a long bomb from Fogarty into a pack of five. Thilthorpe leaps against two South players and two others turn, expecting the ball to crumb forwards. Thilthorpe marks despite two trying to spoil.

I don't give a s**t what the stats say. Go and watch the game or stfu - I'm not going to provide any more evidence of where you're incorrect.

What the f*** are you people talking about?

Lynch is constantly mentioned by young players and others at the club as one of the best leaders we have, who they truly connect to, and it's clear he loves the club.

You don't just piss off players who are the soul of the club. You just end up having a soulless empty side, like Carlton.

Soulful wooden spoons are better than souless ones

One of the most depressing things about my time on bigfooty has been watching the reduction of the 'we don't want to end up like....'s. We didnt want to end up like Sydney, then we didnt want to end up like Geelong, then the Western Bulldogs, then Richmond. Now we're really left with the dregs, wonder which the next one to go past us will be.

TBH, I suspect most clubs just wouldnt want to end up like us.

Who worries about individual results in a rebuild? It's a bigger picture game. We'll learn a lot from getting ahead ahead of ourselves and pantsed when expected to win.

I don't think we need to be pantsed to learn a lesson, although that would work.
A better and cheaper way to learn would be for the new coaches to anticipate the problem and absolutely hammer the mindset of the players beforehand to ensure a fully switched-on approach. I don't know that we had the nous to do that before: the old "we'll just play our game" mentality would have been to the fore.

One of the most depressing things about my time on bigfooty has been watching the reduction of the 'we don't want to end up like....'s. We didnt want to end up like Sydney, then we didnt want to end up like Geelong, then the Western Bulldogs, then Richmond. Now we're really left with the dregs, wonder which the next one to go past us will be.

TBH, I suspect most clubs just wouldnt want to end up like us.

One of the most depressing things about my time on BigFooty is reading your posts.

I think that's a bit of a simplistic view of a rebuild. While winning is not the be all and end all, learning to win against teams you should always beat is as important to a young developing team as getting games into youth. IMO it is a major part of creating a positive team psyche and winning culture and should be a foundation piece of 'the bigger picture'.

The teams in the perennial basket-case category never seem to grasp this and its why they take so long to get off the bottom.

I don't think we need to be pantsed to learn a lesson, although that would work.
A better and cheaper way to learn would be for the new coaches to anticipate the problem and absolutely hammer the mindset of the players beforehand to ensure a fully switched-on approach. I don't know that we had the nous to do that before: the old "we'll just play our game" mentality would have been to the fore.
I would be surprised if Nicksy and co weren't doing exactly this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be the ins and outs I'd like to see too.
Lets hope it happens.
I feel it would be a real buzz around the team with those two guys coming in.
Fogarty for Lynch is a huge downgrade... but one which may be forced due to injury.

Thilthorpe for Frampton... now that's a huge positive!

Fogarty for Lynch is a huge downgrade... but one which may be forced due to injury.

Thilthorpe for Frampton... now that's a huge positive!

I'd bring Thilthorpe in regardless.

Frampton out if Lynch gets up.
Frampton probably survives if Lynch misses.

Within one minute of the press conference: "Lynch is experienced, it's up to him, he knows if he's right to go".

Well well well, look at us refusing to learn from our mistakes.

Lynch out for fog or Thilthorpe. Would make us tall but would ease Thilthorpe into it by not forcing him to be back up ruck.

can see it just being a fog for lynch swap tho
Thursday Press Conference .....most Coach's use that as an opportunity to herald a player about to debut .....no mention of Thilthorpe

Back