Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to hold off on trades this week, but just had a sneaky temptation to trade Phillips and Clark to King Gull and Waterman, which would leave my backs looking like this:

View attachment 1096914

It's so beautiful, but I probably shouldn't.
seagull.gif

Was going to hold off on trades this week, but just had a sneaky temptation to trade Phillips and Clark to King Gull and Waterman, which would leave my backs looking like this:

View attachment 1096914

It's so beautiful, but I probably shouldn't.
Do it. No balls

Hi All,
Could really use some advice on trades this week. This is what i have come up with:

Phillips > Impey
Dow > Chapmen (Via Sharp to Mid)

Advice Please

Capture.PNG

H Young >

Jones ( prefer to see first)
Burgess ( need to see if plays ruck )
Butts - JS looking good
Idun -JS looking good
Chapman - more cash to be made but JS ?

If Kosi doesn’t play I’ll get a donut if don’t trade.

I could wait until just before Freo v Hawks, see where my league matches are, and if needed trade Young to Chapman.

H Young >

Jones ( prefer to see first)
Burgess ( need to see if plays ruck )
Butts - JS looking good
Idun -JS looking good
Chapman - more cash to be made but JS ?

If Kosi doesn’t play I’ll get a donut if don’t trade.

I could wait until just before Freo v Hawks, see where my league matches are, and if needed trade Young to Chapman.
Chapman best option by a distance

Really confused about what to do this week. Initially my mind was clear that I was going with Option 1 as it's the only way to get Ridley, but that would mean missing Chapman, going early on Waterman and losing Campbell who could score really well this week back at the SCG.

Option 1: Campbell>Waterman and LDU>Ridley (Campbell>Waterman is the only rookie downgrade that lets me afford Ridley)
Option 2: LDU>Chapman (Leaves a bank of about $325K which next week should make affordable a rookie downgrade to best of Waterman/Holmes on the bubble and a rookie upgrade to one of Ridley/Grundy/Danger depending on the situation. Reduces scoring potential a bit this week though.
Option 3: LDU>Tex and McNeil>Chapman (Leaves about $55k which could be added to the following week with rookie downgrades to bubble boys Waterman and Holmes ready for an upgrade to an SP the following week. Not keen on this one as I ran the numbers and rejected the idea of getting Tex last week and now the trade is about $100k less attractive).

Any opinions gratefully accepted.

This is the interesting part and cheers for your point of view bud 👍 , there is more than one way to get your points in this game. I banked on trying to nail my rookies and cash generation at the start which I feel I have done while others have had to trade these guys in.

I had to take a hit somewhere and the MIDS was the most obvious choice given we have so many good rookies in there. Kadog has a point on paper it looks short compared to sides like yours but I feel I am in an awesome position given how it is going so far...

I figure if I can lock away a section of the ground which has seen big spikes in scoring with the best options early, it places me very nicely compared to others.

Gives me 25-26 trades to focus on cashing in rookies to get the best possible MIDS & FWDS.

How's the rest of your side balancing up mate? 🙂

As for H. Clark to Bowes, definitely an option to do, Kosi still feels like he may not be worth the wait and Chapman could be done giving me scenario 2... how good a prospect is Chapman? Feel we may not get a tonne more DEF rookies after him?

Absolutely will consider Bowes straight in though. 👍
I'm taking Chapman but I have a pretty easy OUT in Dow. Will also look to bring in Burgess next week

I worry that with LMac back, Ziebell might be moved forward again because our forwardline is absolutely putrid.
Not too worried about LMac's return as Ziebell trained in defence alongside him all preseason which suggests they're both part of North's preferred back six.
The lack of scoring power and the temptation to move Ziebel forward to cover that is a concern though. Even in that role he'd score well enough to be good value though.

Really confused about what to do this week. Initially my mind was clear that I was going with Option 1 as it's the only way to get Ridley, but that would mean missing Chapman, going early on Waterman and losing Campbell who could score really well this week back at the SCG.

Option 1: Campbell>Waterman and LDU>Ridley (Campbell>Waterman is the only rookie downgrade that lets me afford Ridley)
Option 2: LDU>Chapman (Leaves a bank of about $325K which next week should make affordable a rookie downgrade to best of Waterman/Holmes on the bubble and a rookie upgrade to one of Ridley/Grundy/Danger depending on the situation. Reduces scoring potential a bit this week though.
Option 3: LDU>Tex and McNeil>Chapman (Leaves about $55k which could be added to the following week with rookie downgrades to bubble boys Waterman and Holmes ready for an upgrade to an SP the following week. Not keen on this one as I ran the numbers and rejected the idea of getting Tex last week and now the trade is about $100k less attractive).

Option 2 is a clear winner for me.

Campbell could easily make another 100k and pump out good on field scores. Think it's too early to move him on.

Plenty of options dropping in price next week to use the LDU $ on.

Not too worried about LMac's return as Ziebell trained in defence alongside him all preseason which suggests they're both part of North's preferred back six.
The lack of scoring power and the temptation to move Ziebel forward to cover that is a concern though. Even in that role he'd score well enough to be good value though.

I think as a forward only, he's maxxed out at 400k

I’m bouncing back n forth between CJ and Impey. Really like CJ style. Reminds me of peak HarryO circa 2009/10. Don’t expect him to maintain current scoring but he’s gotta be good for 85+ and make some nice coin. Impeys role off HB suits SC. 2 amazing scores past 2 weeks at near perfect DE%. The thing is, he’s normally a bit of a butcher DE wise so I’m kinda expecting him to revert to default style. Both have their risks and both will need a further trade upgrade at some point. Will have to mull this over till Sunday.
I dont think you can go wrong with either tbh.
I doubt either are year long keepers.
Id take CJ as imo its going to be harder to insure adequate defence coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look like Highscore is going to play. Wasn't mentioned by Ratten in his presser today and was playing in the Saints B side at training.

I would revolve your trades around him not being named. fu** you Aints

Thank you Rats for a Macrae VC loophole

Option 2 is a clear winner for me.

Campbell could easily make another 100k and pump out good on field scores. Think it's too early to move him on.

Plenty of options dropping in price next week to use the LDU $ on.
Yes, I'm coming around to that option more and more now, especially with the (unconfirmed) rumours about Flynn, Meek and Highmore all possibly missing.
Option 2 gives me cover in defence, an important remaining trade in case the ruck rumours are true and importantly allows me to not only give Campbell another chance, but to loophole him on the mid bench.

Crouch into teh side on the weekend though. I would expect it go to back up but will it be enough to punch out 90+?
Is 90+ enough for a defender this year?
1617853619182.png
13 Defenders going 100+ @round 3.
22 are going 95+
90 seems a bit short this year imo

I'd be reluctant to trade out rookies that are playing yet, they all have money to make and you only get so many in a season before you run out of trades and cash gen.

LDU probably a bust a this point so that's the best option for me there.

I know you'll miss points waiting on Ridley but he will have down games, his price probably won't go past low 600's. Your rookies can all make another 100K+ from here. There will be more upgrades to do in the coming rounds and you will need the money then.

1617854752397.png
Ranked 461, 29 trades & 77k

Option 1) Phillips & Kosi -> Heeney & Chapman leaving $400

Option 2) Phillips & Fyfe -> CJ & Chapman (moving Campbell FWD, Laird & Clark into mids) leaving 97k

Option 3) Phillips & Fyfe -> Impey & Chapman (moving Clark/Laird into Mids) leaving 141k

Option 4) Fyfe to Chapman

What do you guys think? I think I am leaning towards the more riskier option 2 or 3 compared to the safer Heeney. I do however already have 5 premo DEF with Lloyd/Whitfield to complete. However given scoring trends I could have Laird sitting in mids all year

Last edited:
Any must have rookies or mid-priced cashcow's to trade in? Stick with jordan Clarke or up grade him to someoneelse? I haven't got big tex

Yeah Hunter Clark is your only problem atm, somewhere in that subpremo/midpricer realm I feel he's a couple of years away still, the Bowes trade is an interesting one that could work. I guess it's the unknown of will he keep the scoring up as you're bringing him in as a premo. Not fussed on moving Kosi, trade or hold, he's a slow burn, Chapman is an improvement.

I'd ignore what Kadog has said in gutting Jordan Clark, most of your best rookies are onfield in midfield, all high ownership, no liabilities including Clark. The teams who are fielding your Rowe, Kosi, Jones, Brockman types etc because they went too big in midfield and not deep enough down back or up forward are likely behind and relying on the likes of Chapman and Waterman to bail them out. Midfield and the rucks are the 2 positions you can get away with running light at the moment (I only have a 4 premo mid + Gawn setup and have a 3 figure rank as an example). All those onfield midfield rookies have a heap of cash to make still including Clark who is 1 big score away from mooing at 400k. Sure Macrae would help right now, but the extra 100-150k Clark imo will still make will be pivotal in the long-term.

Hunter is a failed pick at this point which is agreed. A trade to Chapman nets him $285k and injects a new cash flow.

As for J.Clarke, he is becoming a liability. He hasn’t quite panned out as hoped. Now has a BE 24 and set to make another projected 20k. Last score of 71 inflated by a crucial goal otherwise it would’ve been pretty average. You say he’s one good score to mooing to 400k, I say he’s another average score away of almost being cooked.
He’s batting 5 deep in defence so would I trade to Bowes, another speculative pick that could work?...or an ultra premo who’s averaged 123 over the past 3 seasons and already at a 121 clip to date? I dare say Macrae would be high on everyone’s get list so if you can afford him now, why wait? Get his points now and lock in a set n forget stud...but that’s just my opinion.

GenuineMatchWinner asked for opinions and can choose to ignore whom he pleases. That’s his call, not yours.

View attachment 1096975
Ranked 461, 29 trades & 77k

Option 1) Phillips & Kosi -> Heeney & Chapman leaving $400

Option 2) Phillips & Fyfe -> CJ & Chapman (moving Campbell FWD, Laird & Clark into mids) leaving 97k

Option 3) Phillips & Fyfe -> Impey & Chapman (moving Clark/Laird into Mids) leaving 141k

Option 4) Fyfe to Chapman

What do you guys think? I think I am leaning towards the more riskier option 2 or 3 compared to the safer Heeney. I do however already have 5 premo DEF with Lloyd/Whitfield to complete. However given scoring trends I could have Laird sitting in mids all year
builds up the bank.
it will be nice to have a bit of $$ as the rookies ripen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back