Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:

Is Daniel Rioli the worst three time premiership player in AFL history?
Most of Richmond's list could be up there, everyone is a 6 apart from Dusty and maybe Lynch they are consistent play their strategy but put most in other teams and they will struggle

Is Daniel Rioli the worst three time premiership player in AFL history?
I actually think the pendulum in terms of criticism of Daniel has swung too far.

I would agree that he was overhyped when he first came in for sure because of his surname.

However i would argue he has still turned into a capable role player at AFL level and you dont play in 3 premierships if you are completely useless.

I actually think the pendulum in terms of criticism of Daniel has swung too far.

I would agree that he was overhyped when he first came in for sure because of his surname.

However i would argue he has still turned into a capable role player at AFL level and you dont play in 3 premierships if you are completely useless.

Definitely overhyped, everything he does is THE BEST THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD RICHO. Meanwhile, in reality, he's missed the handball target.

He's a role player in a strong side, if he was called Daniel Smith would anyone even mention him is I guess my point.

Definitely overhyped, everything he does is THE BEST THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD RICHO. Meanwhile, in reality, he's missed the handball target.

He's a role player in a strong side, if he was called Daniel Smith would anyone even mention him is I guess my point.
I would argue that i haven't heard that sentiment, consistently, really, since his first couple of years. Luke Darcy piles it on but he overhypes everything as part of his schtick.

And saying he is role player in a strong side is fine. In fact i would agree.
That is very different to saying he is the worst 3 time premiership player ever, however.

Maybe our best bet is to keep Zach and go to the draft, let the kids develop and decide what our biggest list need is end 2022 and target them then?

Maybe target someone smaller like Fiorini or Ely Smith if they're still on the outs?
I'd prefer Flanders. Drafted in 2018 at Pick 11, though many thought he'd go higher, and not likely to be getting a game any time soon now Coast have drafted Rowell and Anderson, and Ellis and Greenwood were recruited. Flanders was very highly regarded as a big inside mid; the type that could help maximise the clearance capacities of Caldwell, Parish and Merrett. Should come cheap.

That said, the talk of Tom Green as a possibility is genuinely exciting.

I'd prefer Flanders. Drafted in 2018 at Pick 11, though many thought he'd go higher, and not likely to be getting a game any time soon now Coast have drafted Rowell and Anderson, and Ellis and Greenwood were recruited. Flanders was very highly regarded as a big inside mid; the type that could help maximise the clearance capacities of Caldwell, Parish and Merrett. Should come cheap.

Surely GWS don't let Green go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big inside mid he is 181cms same size as Caldwell and from all reports is considered to be a HFF/Mid similar to perkins

Big inside mid he is 181cms same size as Caldwell and from all reports is considered to be a HFF/Mid similar to perkins
Draft Central has him at 182cm in his draft year. Smashed it as a forward and equally capable as a mid.

"A PLAYER with plenty of upside and some ready made attributes is Sam Flanders, a Gippsland Power talent who can fulfil the role as a dangerous forward or a damaging inside midfielder."

I'd say Perkins's athleticism makes him a better outside mid/wing/half forward.

Cal Twomey had him at Pick 5:
"Flanders is a high-impact player. He can change a game in a burst, whether it be bolting out of a stoppage and shrugging off tacklers, or when he goes forward, either in the air as a strong overhead mark for his size or when he shows his power at ground level. He rose to the occasion late in the NAB League season with some standout displays and he enjoys being in the action, getting in the face of opponents and the odd scuffle. He's a confident character and plays with that energy."

Draft Central has him at 182cm in his draft year. Smashed it as a forward and equally capable as a mid.

"A PLAYER with plenty of upside and some ready made attributes is Sam Flanders, a Gippsland Power talent who can fulfil the role as a dangerous forward or a damaging inside midfielder."

I'd say Perkins's athleticism makes him a better outside mid/wing/half forward.

Cal Twomey had him at Pick 5:
"Flanders is a high-impact player. He can change a game in a burst, whether it be bolting out of a stoppage and shrugging off tacklers, or when he goes forward, either in the air as a strong overhead mark for his size or when he shows his power at ground level. He rose to the occasion late in the NAB League season with some standout displays and he enjoys being in the action, getting in the face of opponents and the odd scuffle. He's a confident character and plays with that energy."

He doesn't solves our issue of having short people in the midfield he would be the same as Caldwell

Unless they gave him to us for a late second i would be taking as many pics into this draft as possible

He doesn't solves our issue of having short people in the midfield he would be the same as Caldwell

Unless they gave him to us for a late second i would be taking as many pics into this draft as possible
The small midfield issue can be solved if Cox and Perkins make it as wingers. Two players that do have some marking power.
I ust hope we can find a decent sized player that can block. We actually have a few decent clearance players.

if the tigers are 6s then what our boys? 🥺🥺🥺
Lord knows, snelling if is a typical Kane Lambert type player runs all days and pressures. I think we just don't do all the team things as well as richmond

Lord knows, snelling if is a typical Kane Lambert type player runs all days and pressures. I think we just don't do all the team things as well as richmond
Pretty much. They have 17 that do it. We have 3 some weeks and a few more other weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back