List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

It's absolutely plausible, but it reads to me that the evidence for it definitively being done was the wording of the article, in which Liddle wasn't exactly definitive at all - which is why I pointed it out.

I agree with your reading..

The word "Hopefully" is either a respectfull acknowledgement of an arms length negotiation that hasn't been completed but is tracking well OR a positive messaging to the faithfull - either way - it isn't a done deal.

that said: I would be shocked to see Cripps go somewhere else.

It's absolutely plausible, but it reads to me that the evidence for it definitively being done was the wording of the article, in which Liddle wasn't exactly definitive at all - which is why I pointed it out.

Actually no. I thought I was pretty clear. At a pre-Easter function for 16 people he was definitive. I heard it with my own ears

I wasn’t at the Freo lunch but people I know described it to me as a done deal. Anyhow not interested in having every comment dissected to the nth degree. Cripps is staying - feel free to dismiss

When was the last time a CEO came out and said a deal was a few weeks away and the player left?

Think of it through the media impact. Liddle makes the public comments Fox Footy reports and if Cripps leaves he will be dragged over the hot coals. He was only so forthcoming because he knows the deal is done. Which is what he has told the inner circle.

FYI before an AFL contract outside standard terms and over a certain amount is signed (not sure of amount) it is sent to the player’s manager and the AFL for review. It then goes to our Board for approval (if over $500k or more than 3 years is our threshold last time I asked). There is at least a 14 day time period between terms being agreed and formal signing.

Last edited:
Actually no. I thought I was pretty clear. At a pre-Easter function for 16 people he was definitive. I heard it with my own ears

It wasn't particularly clear. I'm not the only one to query it.

Why would you reference the article as some sort of proof to back up the claim that he's definitively staying?

Hey guys,

Just curious if you guys think SPS will be at the blues next year? Ive read a couple rumors. Cheers

Here's hoping Blues finally trade him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time a CEO came out and said a deal was a few weeks away and the player left?

Think of it through the media impact. Liddle makes the public comments Fox Footy reports and if Cripps leaves he will be dragged over the hot coals. He was only so forthcoming because he knows the deal is done. Which is what he has told the inner circle.

FYI before an AFL contract outside standard terms and over a certain amount is signed (not sure of amount) it is sent to the player’s manager and the AFL for review. It then goes to our Board for approval (if over $500k or more than 3 years is our threshold last time I asked). There is at least a 14 day time period between terms being agreed and formal signing.
Dylan Shiel?

I wouldn’t blame Cripps for considering a 5/6 year deal on similar money in his home state. He is human after all.

I expect him to stay and play out his career with us FWIW.

I would be thoroughly disappointed if Patrick left Carlton to play for another Victorian club.

Don't think we need inside info telling us Cripps is stay, I doubt he would reneg on what the man himself has said

EaHKeflUYAAjTQ-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back