Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
Unless either Rampe or Parker give it up, can't see us going back to 1 captain for at least 2-3 more years. Can see Mills stepping up when JPK retires, could be just Parker and Mills for a while. Heeney worth a shout in a few years as a VC or co-captain. If solo captain at some point, when the current 3 are gone, has to be Mills.

Mills was super impressive in his presser this week. Trotted out all the cliches but seemed genuine and full of thought.
I hope we get back to one captain... and a couple of VCs

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

Rounds 7 and 8 fixtures out.
We play both on Saturday night 7.25pm, broadcast on 7. v Geelong SCG then Melbourne at the MCG.
Shows that our attractive brand of footy is being given prime time.
As a night game at the MCG, can someone please give Errol's Pa a lift home to Bendigo after the game.

Last edited:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
KICK INSIDE 50 MARK PERCENTAGE*
41.7% Ollie Florent (Sydney)

Amazing turn around. Credit to Ollie.

I feel like he is becoming a playmaker and opposition teams will be looking to shut him down... this is a big call from me but he might be as important to us as Jetta was in his prime.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Unless either Rampe or Parker give it up, can't see us going back to 1 captain for at least 2-3 more years. Can see Mills stepping up when JPK retires, could be just Parker and Mills for a while. Heeney worth a shout in a few years as a VC or co-captain. If solo captain at some point, when the current 3 are gone, has to be Mills.
Good to have so any options. Quality list at the Swans.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Happy for Ollie but those stats are garbage. Anything that lists Travis Colyer as an effective player in any category should be thrown out.

I don’t see how you can say they are garbage. You can say they don’t mean much as of round 3, evidenced by Colyers inclusion from 9 kicks inside 50 (which is still an opinion and not fact as it’s entirely based entirely on your perception of Colyers inclusion and your perception of that him), however it’s a % of kicks inside 50s that have been marked. It’s absolutely factual.

What I looked for was Florents inclusion and some supporting evidence of his improved kicking. But it’s early in the year so hopefully he can keep it up.

I don’t see how you can say they are garbage. You can say they don’t mean much as of round 3, evidenced by Colyers inclusion from 9 kicks inside 50 (which is still an opinion and not fact as it’s entirely based entirely on your perception of Colyers inclusion and your perception of that him), however it’s a % of kicks inside 50s that have been marked. It’s absolutely factual.

What I looked for was Florents inclusion and some supporting evidence of his improved kicking. But it’s early in the year so hopefully he can keep it up.

Florent doesn't need evidence of his improved kicking, it's obvious to anyone watching. I feel like good players don't need stats to be validated but stats end up validating poor players.

But I realise I'm being a grouch and shouldn't have dismissed what was a valid contribution with your original post. So my bad there mate.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
What those stats suggest to me is..
- We have many avenues to get the ball inside 50. The inside mids are dangerous, the outside mids are dangerous, even the half backs are dangerous
- The team is exactly that .. A Team

easy to stop a player.. much harder to stop a team

08APR21: Swans v Bombers Match Reports/Multiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Cheer cheer :largeredcircle::mwcirlce:
AF Website

The Age

SEN

ABC

The Mongrel Punt

Last edited:
08APR21: The Bloods pass the Baton/SEN
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
08APR21: Heeney injury/Multiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Last edited:
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
A great insight into the challenges Horse gives the young fellas

I know that's something we used do in the past with the first year draftees, so that they knew the history of the club, former leading players and the culture of the club.
The recruits would then give a presentation to the coaching/playing group on their chosen topic.

Looks like it may have gone into abeyance, but good to see it up and about again.

Gives the youngsters some actual skills (research, writing, speaking to a group), but just as importantly gives them an insight into the club and perhaps makes them just a little bit more invested in the Swans.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon Papley, Mills co-captains is a good shout
Watching tonight we three agreed that Gulden has captaincy written all over him. He was organising people, including Bud, and they were listening. He is one intense fella but seems very well liked. Reckon JPK will drop off next year leaving Rampe and Parker. Then 2023 Mills and Parker. 2024 Mills and Gulden.
Love Paps but not skippering.

Interesting the media rated Lloyd's game better than most of us. I think they just look at the stats sheet. The SEN report listed Buddy in our best. Yep he was a constant threat and slotted 3 goals and played well but not enough to be listed in the best.

I think being a constant threat and kicking more than a quarter of our goals definitely warrants being in our bests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great tackle to get a holding the ball as well. Total commitment.

Sam Reid to be interviewed by Cornes on SEN soon.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Reid praising the new fitness regime and how he has benefitted.

That really does bode well if our medical team has been upgraded. Heeney’s was a freak injury but those soft tissue injuries etc can always be managed better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back