Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Questioning him as though he will be selected.

That would be interesting if he is selected.

Maybe Neale could be rested/out due to his continuous back injury he has been experiencing and Sharpy comes into the Best 22 to generate more pace & speed across the ground.

If that is the case and assuming that the other main injured players come back into the lineup, that would force 4 changes from our lineup against the Magpies last week:

IN: Harry Sharp - OUT: Lachie Neale (Rested)
IN: Jarrod Berry - OUT: Deven Robertson (Omitted)
IN: Darcy Gardiner - OUT: Jack Payne (Omitted)
IN: Oscar McInerney - OUT: Connor Ballenden (Omitted)

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That would be interesting if he is selected.

Maybe Neale could be rested/out due to his continuous back injury he has been experiencing and Sharpy comes into the Best 22 to generate more pace & speed across the ground.

If that is the case and assuming that the other main injured players come back into the lineup, that would force 4 changes from our lineup against the Magpies last week:

IN: Harry Sharp - OUT: Lachie Neale (Rested)
IN: Jarrod Berry - OUT: Deven Robertson (Omitted)
IN: Darcy Gardiner - OUT: Jack Payne (Omitted)
IN: Oscar McInerney - OUT: Connor Ballenden (Omitted)

That would really hurt

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Were all the questions about Sharp just because there were local reporters interested?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wonder when and where this back injury came from. Lachie looked relatively unfit when he returned to training in January and apparently had a calf injury that hampered his pre-season as well. Maybe all are related but coming off the Brownlow he has had a really compromised start to the year and it shows on his face and demeanor.

I wonder when and where this back injury came from. Lachie looked relatively unfit when he returned to training in January and apparently had a calf injury that hampered his pre-season as well. Maybe all are related but coming off the Brownlow he has had a really compromised start to the year and it shows on his face and demeanor.
It was mentioned on a podcast that I listened to the other day that Lachie had a ‘back fracture’.
It wasn’t elaborated on but I really don’t think we would be playing him if he had a fracture, surely.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So much of the narrative around this injury doesn't really make sense. It is unusual for any player, let alone a high profile one like Lachie to be so public about playing with an injury, especially one as serious as a back injury that prevents him from training. Lachie and Fages have both acknowledged the injury and play it down on the one hand and yet it is clearly impacting his performance. I don't understand why he isn't being rested.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So much of the narrative around this injury doesn't really make sense. It is unusual for any player, let alone a high profile one like Lachie to be so public about playing with an injury, especially one as serious as a back injury that prevents him from training. Lachie and Fages have both acknowledged the injury and play it down on the one hand and yet it is clearly impacting his performance. I don't understand why he isn't being rested.

Sounds similar to Zorko last year

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Watching 360 and the guys said they heard Lachie this morning in an interview describe that he did the back injury in the last pre-season game & also mentioned that until this week he hadn't been able to train.

Anyone know what station the interview was on? A link would be even better :D

Watching 360 and the guys said they heard Lachie this morning in an interview describe that he did the back injury in the last pre-season game & also mentioned that until this week he hadn't been able to train.

Anyone know what station the interview was on? A link would be even better :D

G'day Lions crew!

Thought this ep of Dyl and Friends might be of interest, which features Lachie Neale alongside Tom Mitchell, Patrick Cripps and Matt Rowell.

Enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back