Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Are you always this dumb? Seriously?

You have stated you are pro the father son I have told you my preference of moving away from a draft and moving back to zones.

Having full scale zones at some clubs and not others perverts the drafting system.

To all those who say a zone system wouldn’t work look at the NRL you can count the number of Victorians who have played there in 20 odd years on one hand
Having full access to daicos this year for no utter reason doesn't pervert the draft process?

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll ask you for the 4th time. What is the point or benefit of having a f/s system?

I've given you a purpose for the academy yet you refute it. You support the f/s despite it being unequal, but don't even have a reason for it.
Your reason for the academy is “90% of the talent pool is from Melbourne” that’s just not true

If you want to run with facts and figures get it right or don’t bother

You have such a hard on for father sons as you think it’s some sort of trade off despite the fact you also benefit from the system

I don’t think father sons work with a draft but the main issue I have is with the drafting system as stated

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wasn't the argument that you don't have to live by the beach you can live far away and travel to training like Kelly who *checks notes* lives by the beach?

No. You seem to be confused and going around in circles.

Maybe take a break mate.

My argument was that you don't have to live local to the Sydney training facilities, commuting across Sydney is possible.

Just like Josh Kelly does every day.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Maybe take a break mate.

My argument was that you don't have to live local to the Sydney training facilities, commuting across Sydney is possible.

They all have their Sydney blinkers on

Maybe take a break mate.

I don't disagree with you, just found Kelly a rather amusing player to pick out to argue your case when the reason he lives nowhere near GWS is because he lives near the beaches, which is a major attraction for retaining players in Sydney.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
That’s why I said I would get rid of the draft...... but you have such a hard on for father sons
I don't care about f/s at all, I'm just using it to point out the flaw in your logic. You can refute the purpose I have given you for academies idc. But you havnt even given me a purpose to your very obvious stance of standing by the f/s system at all.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
you don't like Alexandria?

haha

Take your pick then

Mascot 1.5m
Surry Hills 1.8m
Zetland 1.9m
Kingsford 2.0m

Seems if it isn't the most exclusive suburb than you don't think its fair.

Maybe I should have a sook because Essendon players cant afford to live in Toorak or Brighton? We should get 10% extra too!

Your Argument is falling to pieces.

Your argument fell to pieces when you arrogantly cried about the cost of housing in Albert Park palaces then directed Swans players to affordable shoe boxes in Alexandria.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't care about f/s at all, I'm just using it to point out the flaw in your logic. You can refute the purpose I have given you for academies idc. But you havnt even given me a purpose to your very obvious stance of standing by the f/s system at all.
I have refuted your reasoning you just fail to ever address that your call of 90% of the talent pool is completely incorrect

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Your reason for the academy is “90% of the talent pool is from Melbourne” that’s just not true

If you want to run with facts and figures get it right or don’t bother

You have such a hard on for father sons as you think it’s some sort of trade off despite the fact you also benefit from the system

I don’t think father sons work with a draft but the main issue I have is with the drafting system as stated
To say everyone 'benefits' from f/s is utter garbage. Ex players can have daughters you know? They can also have sons who have no interest in footy. Clubs can gain a massive advantage from f/s if they so happen to be lucky enough to have a goldmine of father sons whilst others have 0. So how that is in any way equal in that thick head of yours is actually a laugh.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
I have refuted your reasoning you just fail to ever address that your call of 90% of the talent pool is completely incorrect
Ok it's incorrect, but I'm not trying to prove to you why academies are valid, my initial response was to point out the hypocrisy in your logic. I don't give a toss whether you agree with academies or not lol nor am I trying to prove it to you. So now what's your reason for standing by the f/s despite it being an obvious system of unequal benefit?

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok it's incorrect, but I'm not trying to prove to you why academies are valid, my initial response was to point out the hypocrisy in your logic. I don't give a toss whether you agree with academies or not lol nor am I trying to prove it to you. So now what's your reason for standing by the f/s despite it being an obvious system of unequal benefit?
Please enlighten me. You're yet to answer any of my questions. Please for the love of God tell me how f/s is a fair and equal system. Answer it logically and you win
Why would I waste my time you have just admitted you are nothing more than an ill-informed troll?

As to your attempt to say the father son system doesn’t benefit everyone equally who cares? Every club has the same opportunity under the rules. When you are ready to stop trolling let me know until then bye bye champ

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Why would I waste my time you have just admitted you are nothing more than an ill-informed troll?

As to your attempt to say the father son system doesn’t benefit everyone equally who cares? Every club has the same opportunity under the rules. When you are ready to stop trolling let me know until then bye bye champ

Daicos to Norf.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United

They don't have the same opportunity under the 'rules'. We couldn't get daniher despite him being father son. I wonder why. If you genuinely think the opportunity every club has under the f/s is the same because of a technicality that so happens to be a 'rule' then you're a goose m8. Meanwhile keep wondering why academies exist. I'm sure the league has the exact %'s you're after, and they have deemed academies as fair game. So stiff s**t for you I guess. Whilst you're left scratching your head as to why you can't grasp the simple logic to make sense of equalisation measures, you can cop us getting a top 5 draft prospect every 2 years whilst we cop Collingwood getting a f/s every 2 years.

Yes, the academies aren't fair for Vic clubs. But that's the point of it.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
COLA was a rort anyone with half a brain can see that. The trade ban was a joke the AFL gave you an advantage tried to get you to give it up and when you wouldn’t punished you. I can see how that saga leaves a sour taste

We did give it up. We just couldn’t unwind employment contracts in the timeframe they insisted on. It was that simple.

And the cost of living is a matter of mathematical fact. As a factor it is diminished now to what it was as the TPP has increased but it remains a real issue, particularly with the soft cap. The dollar doesn’t go as far in Sydney as it does in Melbourne, and every measurement points to that.

Back