Prediction Changes v Hawthorn

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Schulz AND Switta. That’s stuffed.
Sturt, Treacy and Henry to the 22. Would love to have Crowden but he’s a test?
Jlo forced to be reactive.
I'd rather play Sturt one more week in the WAFL. This injury nonsense needs to end.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Too many smalls and a lumbering ruckman as a forward.. Yay...
Not sure if its a lack of imagination or courage with our selection process...
Hope I'm wrong but it's another one lost at the selection table
Last week? For sure.
But this week expecting Sturt, Treacy with possibly Crowden. Henry will have to work hard in Schulz’s role. Meek will stay in now

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Sounds like Sturt may not have pulled up 100% because struggling to see another justification in the non selection.

In the wet is the ideal time to prefer Treacy over 2 rucks. Clarkson will have a field day if we go on with Darcy/Meek as KPF.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sounds like Sturt may not have pulled up 100% because struggling to see another justification in the non selection.

In the wet is the ideal time to prefer Treacy over 2 rucks. Clarkson will have a field day if we go on with Darcy/Meek as KPF.

I may have overrated Jlo as a coach..

Never mind how the 2 rucks went last week, you don't need two when its pouring.

I thought longmuir was pretty cluey at the start. I think i was wrong.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
The other thing is that Hawthorn might not play 2 rucks. Rain was supposed to be arriving late Sunday. Might not be part of the equation.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
He does and can. I always thought he'd only last at AFL level as a hard tagger given his tank. So if he wants to survive on the list, he better start belting people.
His best work is as a tagger, no wonder he's played like s**t since being put up forward.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Yeah don’t mind Banfield in as a tagger. Just not a forward please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am in favour of us developing a tagger, and Banfield seems the obvious candidate.

My left field suggestion is Duman. I understand he is being played on a wing at Peel indicating he may have the aerobic capacity, and coming from a defender background is a positive. He is tall, and an okay kick.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah don’t mind Banfield in as a tagger. Just not a forward please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is from his debut season, forgot how good he was as a tagger. Made an immediate impact. Needs to get back to this and stop being wasted as a dumb forward link / forward player. We really need the protection for Brayshaw and Serong now.

1617862581974.png

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is from his debut season, forgot how good he was as a tagger. Made an immediate impact. Needs to get back to this and stop being wasted as a dumb forward link / forward player. We really need the protection for Brayshaw and Serong now.

View attachment 1097094
& we also let Matt De Boer go without running him through the midfield despite racking it up at Peel. He’d come in & go straight to half forward.
He has been so consistent at Gws as a defensive mid & even became a part of their leadership group.
I would hate to see Banfield succeed at another club in that role because we pigeoned holed him as a high half forward.
I’d love to see him at stoppages just stirring s**t up & protecting Cerra, Brayshaw & Serong.
Let’s see what his true value to this team is.

Ratts

Rookie
Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Longmuir said Sturt, Traecy and Logue are unlikely to be in this week. BUT that was before they announced Switta has a broken finger so maybe Sturt in??

Last edited:
Back