List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another player to track is Jake Waterman from the eagles

they have Kennedy darling and Oscar Allen

last year they managed to include waterman but he had a preseason injury and have played brander instead to have 4 taller players up front

Your work is Risk-Management?

You have to ask yourself would we finish last in 2022,... I’d say no. Possible 1+5+19 for McKay and 7? Mate that is unders.

Destroy the club? Please. I don’t see how else we are going to pay the minimum? Front load so he gets $2m in years 1+2 and on $700k in his last 2.

$10m over 7 years is not much more than we offered Kelly.
I actually work in the creative sector, and I still wouldn’t give up pick 1+5+19 for HM and 7.
Anyway, it won’t happen.

Another player to track is Jake Waterman from the eagles

they have Kennedy darling and Oscar Allen

last year they managed to include waterman but he had a preseason injury and have played brander instead to have 4 taller players up front
He struggled to come back from concussion

Shaun Atley
Tom Campbell*
Trent Dumont
Taylor Garner
Kyron Hayden*
Connor Menadue*
Robbie Tarrant
Josh Walker*
Will Walker*
Jack Ziebell

* Previously delisted
^ Previously qualified as a free agent

Last edited:
We should be offering him $1.4m x 7.

2022 R1 + 1 + 19 => McKay + 7

Go to the draft with 7 + 20 (Dumont Compo) and hopefully live trade those picks for Sinn or Rachelle or JVR.

That’s even crazy for you.

When rebuilding - the plan is to get more top 10 picks - not less.

Harry McKay set for talks with Carlton on new deal after rejecting big offer from Essendon last year
One of Carlton’s biggest rivals came hard at Harry McKay last trade period. But he stayed loyal. The Blues now want to lock him into a new deal.

Jay Clark

Carlton is set to open contract talks on a lucrative new deal for breakout spearhead Harry McKay.

The Blues want to lock away the man who booted a career-best seven goal haul against Fremantle on Sunday, enhancing his reputation as one of the most exciting key forwards in the game.

The sparkling performance earned McKay nine AFL Coaches Association votes and lifted the big man to third on the AFL Coleman Medal leaderboard with 13 goals and eight behinds in three games.

Highly-respected Geelong premiership full-forward Tom Hawkins said on Monday McKay “was one of the guys who could become the best key forward in the game in a few years’ time”.

“I think he is a super player. I really rate him and I really like watching him,” Hawkins said.

Industry figures told the Herald Sun on Wednesday McKay was worth more than $700,000 a year to Carlton on current form as part of the league’s reduced salary cap.

McKay knocked back a significant offer worth as much as $800,000 a year from Essendon late last season, indicating a strong desire to help lead Carlton to sustained finals appearances.

The Bombers targeted McKay as a Joe Daniher replacement last year, but McKay never seriously entertained a move away from Ikon Park.
According to Champion Data, McKay ranks first in the league for forward 50m marks (17) and second for contested marks inside 50m (seven) so far this season.
The Blues are also on the verge of a new deal for superstar captain Patrick Cripps, who suggested he was prepared to take less to help keep Carlton’s burgeoning list together.

“You want what is best for the club, so it is about how we are we going to put ourselves in a position to be a good club, and a great club, going forward for a long period of time,” Cripps told the Herald Sun.

Patrick Cripps (right) and McKay are believed to be close to working out new deals at Carlton. Picture: Michael Klein

But Carlton could consider trade offers for young wingman Lochie O’Brien (pick No. 10) at season’s end, while Paddy Dow (pick three) could feel some selection pressure on the back of 13 and 11-possession performances.

McKay, 23, has supreme athleticism and at 204cm has already been one of the biggest beneficiaries of the AFL’s successful new man-on-the-mark rule, helping open up leading lanes for key forwards.

His speed and long reach can give the 51-gamer a decisive advantage against an opponent one-out.

The Blues had planned to open talks on McKay’s contract early in the new season and are set to soon sit down with his agent, David Trotter from Hemisphere Management, about terms.

But complicating the picture for the Blues is the lucrative deals already locked-in place for Charlie Curnow and Mitch McGovern.

Curnow is still out as he recovers from his recurring patella injury and McGovern is pushing for a return to the senior side this weekend after a pre-season hamstring problem.

McGovern, who signed a juicy deal to join Carlton from Adelaide, played well in the VFL team at the weekend and will be considered to take on Gold Coast on Saturday night.
Curnow is hopeful of returning to the field later this season and is keen to be a part of a finals campaign if the Blues make it.

Shaun Atley
Tom Campbell*
Trent Dumont
Taylor Garner
Kyron Hayden*
Connor Menadue*
Robbie Tarrant
Josh Walker*
Will Walker*
Jack Ziebell

* Previously delisted

I think Atley, Campbell, Garner, Menadue, Josh Walker and probably Will Walker wont be around next year.

And I personally think we will be chasing best available mid and kpf come mid year draft this year. If we had room another genuine small forward would be nice

Shaun Atley
Tom Campbell*
Trent Dumont
Taylor Garner
Kyron Hayden*
Connor Menadue*
Robbie Tarrant
Josh Walker*
Will Walker*
Jack Ziebell

* Previously delisted

The most sought after bloke on that list will be 33 next year coming off an issue with his kidney.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I wonder (and would hope) we're taking a look at Richmonds Samson Ryan.. might get him cheap. I can't imagine him being happy with Dimma putting him up for player swap (after forgetting his name in presser) a 206cm 20 year old for cheap would be good to have developing.

He must be rubbish or else why would you do that??

If we're playing hypothetical trade then Id throw the sink at Oscar Allen.

No chance we will get anywhere near Harry.....theres probably a better chance the blues will come chasing his brother.

If we're playing hypothetical trade then Id throw the sink at Oscar Allen.

No chance we will get anywhere near Harry.....theres probably a better chance the blues will come chasing his brother.

😳

Less chance to prise Allen out of west coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is our 1st non-negotiable? Assuming it's number 1 It's very coveted.

Do we have to draft?

I like the idea of a gun *wantaway* player under 23 (no idea who) and pick back in the top 15.

2 for 1 to speed up our rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back