2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
It was interesting the Sturt played Latchford in the ressies last year. He also looks like a potential draft option. Good kick, good pace and knows how to find the footy.
Sturt lost the plot a bit last year

There were positives eg Borlase coming through but some baffling stuff too. Churned through a bunch of players (16 debuted) without a real clear idea of who was taking us forward

Not surprised that we wasted a talent in Latchford

It was widely felt within the club that Mattner was coming back to take over so became a bit of a treading water season

How is the Fog going?

From the first SANFL game, he looked very good in the midfield. Got it about 10-12 times (Probably spent about 30-35% of the game as an inside mid), had a couple of nice clearances where he showed off his burst power (and really, Fog has the potential to be an absolute monster in the clinches), got a goal drifting forward on the end of a lovely kick from Hately, set up another score by not even being phased by a dude from South trying to line him up, then hitting a 45-50 m pass (might have been the most comical thing I've seen in a match since Berry threw that dude out of the frame in his highlight vid) and all around, was damaging when he was involved. Fog the forward was completely invisible, to the point I think he only got one touch. Now we were being belted, and Thilthorpe was the person we were at least trying (and I want to emphasis this, we weren't succeeding) to kick it too, but he didn't even come close to firing a shot.

To summarise how good Fog was in the midfield in those limited bursts, if he played 75-85% of the game there, he'd be in our round 4 side. If Fog had spent every minute as a forward, he'd probably have pushed himself awfully close to the delist pile.

Last edited:

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
From the first SANFL game, he he looked very good in the midfield. Got it about 10-12 times (Probably spent about 30-35% of the game as an inside mid), had a couple of nice clearances where he showed off his burst power (and really, Fog has the potential to be an absolute monster in the clinches), got a goal drifting forward on the end of a lovely kick from Hately, set up another score by not even being phased by a dude from South trying to line him up, then hitting a 45-50 m pass (might have been the most comical thing I've seen in a match since Berry threw that dude out of the frame in his highlight vid) and all around, was damaging when he was involved. Fog the forward was completely invisible, to the point I think he only got one touch. Now we were being belted, and Thilthorpe was the person we were at least trying (and I want to emphasis this, we weren't succeeding) to kick it too, but he didn't even come close to firing a shot.

To summarise how good Fog was in the midfield in those limited bursts, if he played 75-85% of the game there, he'd be in our round 4 side. If Fog had spent every minute as a forward, that was a career ender.
Appreciate the summary.

Would be such a shame if Fog fades out of conversation.

Hope he makes it.

Gonna be tough getting into the team but that can change quick, lots of opportunity just needs to focus and not think doom and gloom.

He needs to force their hand

Appreciate the summary.

Would be such a shame if Fog fades out of conversation.

Hope he makes it.

Gonna be tough getting into the team but that can change quick, lots of opportunity just needs to focus and not think doom and gloom.

He needs to force their hand

My opinion kind of mirrors that game. If Fog remains primarily a forward, he will fade out without firing a shot. If Fog gets more and more midfield time, it's a when not if, he'll be back, because no one will keep him out for long if he builds on that game.

Whilst I'm aware it's only a part of one game (and plenty of people have looked like something else for half a game before doing nothing), there is a genuine superstar midfielder in Fog. The size, the skill, the aggression, the burst power that was on display was something else.

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Damon Freitag 200cm 100 Kegs might be worth a look in the mid season draft, dominant Ruck/forward at U18's level and has obviously come on in leaps and bounds since through the Reserves in 2020 and now looking really good in 2021 at League level. Had the better of Strachan I thought and only 20 years old now, great contested mark and a booming kick. I don't know about others but I don't see Strachan as a long term AFL player.

View attachment 1095553

Agree
With you bicks

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
no you don’t. Maybe that’s the problem?

oh c’mon. It was only last week, maybe the week before your fantastical claims about Nigel Smart were ridiculed by more than just me.

maybe you filter all this stuff out? That’s actually a pretty good talent to have if you can manage it BTW

Only 3? Why stop there, let’s call it 5. For some, 7 is a lucky number!

So many sources and yet no mention anywhere else. are you hoping that someone will pick up your claims and print it in the paper as a post script validation?

This is just weird. you keep repeating that you will fall back on your record as if it’s some hammer blow.

What I notice is you tend to pick at what you wrongly believe to be below the radar fruit, too obscure to really be believed or challenged.

anyway... maybe just a bit less of the “trust me, I wouldn’t post it if it wasn’t true” stuff. You sound like a used car salesman
Your evidence is my passing on of comments made to me about Nigel Smart? That's it? Hahahaha ok Sure. And since you don't seem all that smart - I passed on comments made to me about Smart. I said that I believed the person who said it. I didn't say it was fact.

This is information I have had confirmed. So, just a bit of a difference.

I've been on here since 2004, so yeh I think I have a long record.
It was 3, because there was 3 people who confirmed the story. One is a family member and two are from within the club.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't believe anything I have to tell you. More than happy for you to do it.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your evidence is my passing on of comments made to me about Nigel Smart? That's it? Hahahaha ok Sure. And since you don't seem all that smart - I passed on comments made to me about Smart. I said that I believed the person who said it. I didn't say it was fact.

This is information I have had confirmed. So, just a bit of a difference.

I've been on here since 2004, so yeh I think I have a long record.
It was 3, because there was 3 people who confirmed the story. One is a family member and two are from within the club.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't believe anything I have to tell you. More than happy for you to do it.
It’s ok he’s obsessed with finding Alex

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
It’s ok he’s obsessed with finding Alex
I genuinely don't understand what the issue is, but hey, each to their own.
I post information when I have it. I've done it for a long time. I don't make crap up.

He can believe me or not. Doesn't seem like it needs an attack. Although it is interesting that the one and only issue he has is with comments made about Nigel Smart...

Oh well

I genuinely don't understand what the issue is, but hey, each to their own.
I post information when I have it. I've done it for a long time. I don't make crap up.

He can believe me or not. Doesn't seem like it needs an attack. Although it is interesting that the one and only issue he has is with comments made about Nigel Smart...

Oh well

He just gets grumpy at nights & when drunk looks for someone to stalk.

Usually it's a newbie (or presumed Alex alias), so not sure why he chose you.

If you fight back with CroMo, he will put you on ignore as he is not used to being put back in his box.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
ADELAIDE

Adelaide has secured the services of veteran Eagles wingman Chris Hall for the contest against West.

Hall, who was announced as a departure from Oval Avenue earlier this week, has been named to start in a back pocket.

The 30-year-old, who has played a total of 183 SANFL League games, will add invaluable experience to the youthful Crows line-up as he links up with his Woodville-West Torrens premiership coach Michael Godden at West Lakes.

Defender Riley Clamp injured his hamstring on debut in Round 1 while Bailey Marshman has been omitted.

Former Richmond midfielder Dan Jackson has been rested after playing against the Panthers on Good Friday.

AFL emergencies will be added closer to the match.

Team vs West Adelaide

League

F: Marini, J. Mathews, Clarke

HF: L. Mathews, Borlase, Merrett

C: Wright, Newchurch, Thilthorpe

HB: Latchford, Davis, Hately

B: Pedlar, McAsey, Hall

R: Strachan, Boyle, O’Connor

INT: AFL Emergencies to be added to squad

NEW: Luke Pedlar (Glenelg/Kingston)

OUT: Jackson (rested), Clamp (hamstring), Marshman

ADELAIDE

Adelaide has secured the services of veteran Eagles wingman Chris Hall for the contest against West.

Hall, who was announced as a departure from Oval Avenue earlier this week, has been named to start in a back pocket.

The 30-year-old, who has played a total of 183 SANFL League games, will add invaluable experience to the youthful Crows line-up as he links up with his Woodville-West Torrens premiership coach Michael Godden at West Lakes.

Defender Riley Clamp injured his hamstring on debut in Round 1 while Bailey Marshman has been omitted.

Former Richmond midfielder Dan Jackson has been rested after playing against the Panthers on Good Friday.

AFL emergencies will be added closer to the match.

Team vs West Adelaide

League

F: Marini, J. Mathews, Clarke

HF: L. Mathews, Borlase, Merrett

C: Wright, Newchurch, Thilthorpe

HB: Latchford, Davis, Hately

B: Pedlar, McAsey, Hall

R: Strachan, Boyle, O’Connor

INT: AFL Emergencies to be added to squad

NEW: Luke Pedlar (Glenelg/Kingston)

OUT: Jackson (rested), Clamp (hamstring), Marshman
So no debut for Thilthorpe.

Fogarty, Worrell, Mackay & Himmelberg missing.

Fog cover for Lynch.

Wonder if we will swap Berg for Frampton?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So no debut for Thilthorpe.

Fogarty, Worrell, Mackay & Himmelberg missing.

Fog cover for Lynch.

Wonder if we will swap Berg for Frampton?
You best listen too Nicks' presser, from that I gleaned Frampton is playing AFL again. Himmelberg could not possibly be in contention for AFL after he stunk it up in the SANFL last week if form is a the precursor to AFL selection.

You best listen too Nicks' presser, from that I gleaned Frampton is playing AFL again. Himmelberg could not possibly be in contention for AFL after he stunk it up in the SANFL last week if form is a the precursor to AFL selection.
Surely not on form.
Frampton has been in poor form.

Berg has proven himself at AFL level & reckon he is the type of player to lift at a higher level... particularly if he has decent modified giving him service.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Berg has proven himself at AFL level & reckon he is the type of player to lift at a higher level... particularly if he has decent modified giving him service.
Not in Nicks' eyes if you listen to his presser, he's been fulfilling the role they have set for him, the only reference he made was he'd like to see him stick more of his marks. Pretty obvious he's Tex's decoy from listening to the presser.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Proven himself for 6 games in a COVID year.

Good to see Chris Hall in the side.

Not in Nicks' eyes if you listen to his presser, he's been fulfilling the role they have set for him, the only reference he made was he'd like to see him stick more of his marks. Pretty obvious he's Tex's decoy from listening to the presser.
So now we are picking professional decoys?

What happens when Tex is well held & doesn't kick a bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back