Preview Changes: R4 2021 vs North Melbourne

What will the AFC do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Board Member from Pt Macdonnell.

Spackler is a first class troll. Whilst 90% of his posts are negative towards the Crows, he does it with humour and he occasionally throws in a Crows friendly comment which makes you think maybe he is a Crows fan.

Scorpus is a solid B grader. I believes he understands footy but it’s all about the “hits” Not as much humour as Spackler but still quite entertaining.

Troll-lite is just batshit crazy. Every troll is repeated on numerous occasions, no humour, just an old man yelling at the moon. Check his posts before and after our first three matches. Numerous posts before the match about our crazy selections then after a win, zip, zilch zero. After a loss, giddy up, the posrs come thick and fast.

I need to lift my game. I will not stand for being a mere B grader

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is going to be an interesting selection for the club.
Do we go with an injuried senior player as we have seen before or give our fit, talented high draft pick a game

Why would we even consider Lynch? 2 perfectly capable replacements available. We might drop 1 goal in total performance, but who cares, if it comes down to a goal to defeat the Roos the game into TT or Fog is more valuable. Plus Lynch can get properly right, not play under duress.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Young forward Darcy Fogarty shaved time off his personal best in the 2km time trial and has benefited in training from a significantly improved fitness base. The 21-year-old lost 2kg during the off-season training with Taylor Walker, Tom Lynch and Kieran Strachan and has been highly competitive on the track.

Shaved time off his PB. Still a long way from where he needs to be.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of the most depressing things about my time on BigFooty is reading your posts.

Absolutely. This is the most understandable thing you've ever posted.

I'd imagine seeing people do things that you can't do, whether it's creating cogent posts on a message board or operating door handles, would have to take its toll on you.

Keep your chin up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Didn't one of our coaches say Fogarty's fitness and time trial results were among the best he'd seen for a key forward? Think it was an assistant like Burns or Rahilly
I recall Burns recently said something like “Fogarty ran a time trial any key forward would be happy with”. I took it to mean his fitness is now up to standard for the key forward role but your interpretation is also possible.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, unfortunately.
It was strange as that week they talked about Fog becoming our 'Dusty'. I thought he was going to playing 50/50 mid /fwd but it didn't happen.
They then played him deep forward for 90% of the first half. And not much more in the 2nd half.
Strachan was average in the ruck so our mids were already behind the eight ball. They played Hately and O'Connor on ball mainly, Jones on the wing

The mid thing was never a plan.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
It's an odd thing on this board, isnt it?

Criticize a senior player and you're a club hating troll, but the same posters feel more than comfortable fabricating slurs about the young players they're competing with.

The club spent the whole off season hyping up Fogarty's new fitness base, but why should that stop people implying he can't move without a breather?

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Tom Lynch is the absolute best in the AFL at his role.

How did all the MENSA candidates who wanted him dropped respond to that?
The new rules have been a godsend for Lynch and Tex..they allow them to play to their strengths. Probably helps that both are out of contract at seasons end from memory and a good season will do no harm to their chances of getting an new contract

So Tom Lynch is the absolute best in the AFL at his role.

How did all the MENSA candidates who wanted him dropped respond to that?

Tom Lynch measures best in the AFL in metric designed to measure him. Yes, ok.

How meaningful is that?

This is the exact quote on Fogarty's fitness from Scott Burns:

"The time that he ran in the 2km time... there's not too many key position players that can run that. So he's got a good fitness base, that doesn't worry me at all in terms of what he can do either forward or midfield"

So according to one of our assistants, Fogarty being unfit is pure bullshit

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
This is the exact quote on Fogarty's fitness from Scott Burns:

"The time that he ran in the 2km time... there's not too many key position players that can run that. So he's got a good fitness base, that doesn't worry me at all in terms of what he can do either forward or midfield"

So according to one of our assistants, Fogarty being unfit is pure bullshit

Another Vaderism....

Back