Remove this Banner Ad

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
It's not the fact that he isn't being played that makes me dismayed. It is the club/coach hyping him up in the media and then not playing him. This was the second preseason that he's publicly received hype from the club and there's still not a word on his possible debut date yet... He even chose that game-day playlist thing before either the Hawthorn or Sydney game and hasn't even been an emergency in any of those games this year.

Either hype him up publicly and then back it up by playing him or don't hype him up and quietly give him the time that he needs to develop whatever he needs to work on in my opinion. Otherwise you'll be sending mixed messages and I don't think anyone likes being on the end of that. It will probably leave a lot of the Richmond supporters and RCD himself confused and hanging.

he should’ve been playing by now imo.

He’s a first round pick not a project player, the way some of you are making excuses for him is drawing a pretty long bow tbh
Just don’t expect too much, think of him as another Ben Lennon and if he comes good then awesome and if he doesn’t then * me how guns have we got from the rookie draft?
Not a big deal imo

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just don’t expect too much, think of him as another Ben Lennon and if he comes good then awesome and if he doesn’t then fu** me how guns have we got from the rookie draft?
Not a big deal imo

yeah 100%. I just think there are too many convenient excuses being made as to why he hasn’t played yet. Prefer to call a spade a spade

yeah 100%. I just think there are too many convenient excuses being made as to why he hasn’t played yet. Prefer to call a spade a spade
Yeah I get ya, just wouldn’t worry too much about it and honestly I doubt the club would’ve re-signed him till end of 2022 unless they see real improvement in him

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
It's not the fact that he isn't being played that makes me dismayed. It is the club/coach hyping him up in the media and then not playing him. This was the second preseason that he's publicly received hype from the club and there's still not a word on his possible debut date yet... He even chose that game-day playlist thing before either the Hawthorn or Sydney game and hasn't even been an emergency in any of those games this year.

Either hype him up publicly and then back it up by playing him or don't hype him up and quietly give him the time that he needs to develop whatever he needs to work on in my opinion. Otherwise you'll be sending mixed messages and I don't think anyone likes being on the end of that. It will probably leave a lot of the Richmond supporters and RCD himself confused and hanging.
Dimma giving some confidence to a kid.
Just depends which way you look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
It does seem concerning that he's been leapfrogged by two debutants. He's behind Jack Ross as well it seems.

Not great signs for a midfielder in his third year.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
It does seem concerning that he's been leapfrogged by two debutants. He's behind Jack Ross as well it seems.

Not great signs for a midfielder in his third year.
Other clubs must see him as a threat if he's getting tagged though
Should be good learning experience for him to try and work through the extra attention

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Why was it time,when Rossy and Martyn have been playing better than him, I must have missed that it’s more about how long you’ve been at the club than performance , what a load of tripe
LOL

Kids been on the verge of senior selection since mid last year and would have played had he not got a late injury
Just about every coach including Dimma has been mentioning how close he is.

Nothing to do with how long he has been there

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
LOL

Kids been on the verge of senior selection since mid last year and would have played had he not got a late injury
Just about every coach including Dimma has been mentioning how close he is.

Nothing to do with how long he has been there
So he had 5p compared to a couple of others had > 20p at vfl and it’s irrelevant, ok

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
My take is the club do believe he is a genuine talent but there’s something that he isn’t doing and they want him to build that hunger to take that next step. This is the way to do it. It’s interesting to note what Richmond believe to be “Richmond players” Does Riley fit that bracket right now? Can he run both ways all game? He’s an exceptional athlete but not a heavy endurance athlete as it stands. There’s just parts missing with him that I don’t think Richmond are prepared to sacrifice but very much believe in. He’s got plenty of time. He’s only 21 guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back