NBL 2020/21 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with that argument is the Cats don’t get hometown umpiring in Perth, they get the favourable calls no matter where they play.

:rolleyes:

Yep the one team that would sell out crowds regardless needs some league wide conspiracy to help them keep winning.....in the league that's owned by the guy that owns United. You don't think a small bit of that might be in your head?

:rolleyes:

Yep the one team that would sell out crowds regardless needs some league wide conspiracy to help them keep winning.....in the league that's owned by the guy that owns United. You don't think a small bit of that might be in your head?

Ok wait.

No doubt they are a great team and have proven it over the decades.

But there is no evidence if you guys don’t play finals for a few years your crowds won’t drop off.

Did Perth get favourable calls in the last quarter?
Are you talking about the unsportsmanlike? That was pretty obvious I thought. Or the out of bounds that was reversed, again the right call. Can't think of too many others that would raise eyebrows.

Are you talking about the unsportsmanlike? That was pretty obvious I thought. Or the out of bounds that was reversed, again the right call. Can't think of too many others that would raise eyebrows.
No, those were called correctly (even though I hate that the FIBA definition of unsportsmanlike means that that was correct).

How about the 3 calls around the 4-5min mark that the commentators, and even Damien Martin, admitted that all went Perth's way? (Obvious Cotton push off that he got away with + Ware's 3rd and 4th "fouls"). The margin was within 2 points for pretty much that entire time, and Ware getting called for fouls that weren't obviously changed the course of the game

It makes it hard to take people's opinion's about certain things seriously when they are so one-eyed they can't admit to things neutrals can easily see

No, those were called correctly (even though I hate that the FIBA definition of unsportsmanlike means that that was correct).

How about the 3 calls around the 4-5min mark that the commentators, and even Damien Martin, admitted that all went Perth's way? (Obvious Cotton push off that he got away with + Ware's 3rd and 4th "fouls"). The margin was within 2 points for pretty much that entire time, and Ware getting called for fouls that weren't obviously changed the course of the game

It makes it hard to take people's opinion's about certain things seriously when they are so one-eyed they can't admit to things neutrals can easily see
One of Ware's fouls was soft. Yep. The "push off" was exactly what Ware was doing at the other end in space and happens 20 times a game. So if you want to call that, call all of them. Not just when the guy falls over. The one that Ware bitched about on the reverse layup looked like a foul but I would have to watch a replay.

So I will give you two halves out of three. Do we want to talk about the calls that didn't go the Cats way (as happens to all teams in all games), or doesn't that suit your narrative? One eyed works both ways - confirmation bias and all that ;)

One of Ware's fouls was soft. Yep. The "push off" was exactly what Ware was doing at the other end in space and happens 20 times a game.
Show me pushes as obvious as that that Ware got away with
Do we want to talk about the calls that didn't go the Cats way (as happens to all teams in all games)
Sure, go ahead. Will be interesting to see just how obvious these calls are
One eyed works both ways - confirmation bias and all that ;)
Hard to be one eyed when you don't care about any team in the comp, let alone the ones that were playing ;)

Hard to be one eyed when you don't care about any team in the comp, let alone the ones that were playing ;)
You formed the view about the Wildcats and home town umpiring during last night's game did you? That's what I mean about confirmation bias.

Anyway, I'll leave it there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You formed the view about the Wildcats and home town umpiring during last night's game did you? That's what I mean about confirmation bias.
I observed a string of calls that went Cotton's way during a pivotal period of the match that even one of Perth's former players effectively admitted that some of them were favourable during the telecast - and that's what I was trying to see if the Perth fans could see too. But maybe that's asking too much
Anyway, I'll leave it there.
Fine by me. Doesn't mean I'll just cede the last word to you though ;)

NBL needs to pay more attention to the AFL fixture when scheduling games. 36ers clashing with the Power tonight, Wildcats and Eagles clashed last week. I'm sure there's plenty of other examples too. Would take a big chunk out of their audience.

NBL needs to pay more attention to the AFL fixture when scheduling games. 36ers clashing with the Power tonight, Wildcats and Eagles clashed last week. I'm sure there's plenty of other examples too. Would take a big chunk out of their audience.
Hard for them when the season has been pushed back though.

Would have worked out ok, a lot of Port supporters would have switched off at half time

On the other hand the Crows supporters would have been riveted though

I mean if we're going to play that s**t on the road and a team still doesn't want to beat us, that's on them.
There's really no further we can leave the door open than have Mooney disappear for large stretches and Cotton throwing up airballs.

I mean if we're going to play that sh*t on the road and a team still doesn't want to beat us, that's on them.
There's really no further we can leave the door open than have Mooney disappear for large stretches and Cotton throwing up airballs.
They say good teams find a way to win ugly...so the Cats must be a REALLY good team, because last night was UUUUUGGGGLLLY.

Terrible news about Vasilijevic. Two future superstar kids down in a single week. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

So the Wildcats clash tomorrow with Saints v Eagles and then next week the Wildcats home game on Friday night clashes with the Eagles v Pies blockbuster also in Perth.

Few other instances I've noticed with other teams too. Surely it must have a pretty big impact on NBL crowd and viewer numbers having clashes like this.

How hard is it to glance at the AFL fixtures and move an NBL game over by a day or even an hour or two in some cases to avoid NBL teams clashing with their states AFL teams.

So the Wildcats clash tomorrow with Saints v Eagles and then next week the Wildcats home game on Friday night clashes with the Eagles v Pies blockbuster also in Perth.

Few other instances I've noticed with other teams too. Surely it must have a pretty big impact on NBL crowd and viewer numbers having clashes like this.

How hard is it to glance at the AFL fixtures and move an NBL game over by a day or even an hour or two in some cases to avoid NBL teams clashing with their states AFL teams.

Who cares about the Eagles ;)

No in all seriousness, it makes the Nbl look bush league.

Phoenix with a ridiculously unprofessional fourth quarter, one night after 54 total points in the second half from two of the supposedly best teams in the league.

I’m an nbl supporter but the quality is atrocious. The coaching and professionalism when teams are significantly up is particularly poor. It’s really hard to watch at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back