Prediction Changes v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Peel team sheet released
Henry, Banfield, Thomas, Crowden, Logue playing for Peel
For Peel: No Treacy, no Sturt, no Blakely, no Duman - are they the four ins/sub after all? Please be so
No Valente either - general soreness no doubt
Aside from Treacy, that makes sense. He's still suspended in the WAFL. Could see Valente as emergency.

Aside from Treacy, that makes sense. He's still suspended in the WAFL. Could see Valente as emergency.
Valente emergency in the AFL? That would be something.
I don't care, now I know Banfield is not in and Sturt is likely in my head s no longer about to explode

What I don't see from looking at the WAFL team sheets is this big team selection statement promised by JLo and co regarding the performance last week.

Henry the sub is the only player who played last week listed! Obviously we have Switta injured since he said that but I was expecting to see at least one (non-sub) name from the Freo team last week at Peel.

What I don't see from looking at the WAFL team sheets is this big team selection statement promised by JLo and co regarding the performance last week.

Henry the sub is the only player who played last week listed! Obviously we have Switta injured since he said that but I was expecting to see at least one (non-sub) name from the Freo team last week at Peel.
At least the positives from the WAFL selection is that it may lead to Sturt returning and Treacy making his debut.

Its got me stumped though. Why the Docckers would launch a challenge (at a cost of $15k) to make Treacy available to play at round 2, but not select him?? Thats 15 members who got their moneys worth right there! :D

At least the positives from the WAFL selection is that it may lead to Sturt returning and Treacy making his debut.
Definitely. Although seems a bit strange that Crowden isn't playing AFL given Switta and Schultz are both injured. If we are playing two rucks (which it seems we are - yay! ffs) then having some smalls who can work off them and take up the loss in pressure in the forward line might help maybe? Even accounting for the injury situation I am finding our team selection full of contradictions every week. * it's hard being a Freo supporter.

Can I just repeat - why does anyone care - Banfield and Sturt both available and Banfield isn't playing and Sturt is. This morning it seemed like the opposite would be the case and the club was descending into the lunatic asylum

Can I just repeat - why does anyone care - Banfield and Sturt both available and Banfield isn't playing and Sturt is. This morning it seemed like the opposite would be the case and the club was descending into the lunatic asylum
I'm assuming one or more Freo players are emergencies and will be added to the Peel team tomorrow. Please not Sturt... that would be cruel (to him and us).

Definitely. Although seems a bit strange that Crowden isn't playing AFL given Switta and Schultz are both injured. If we are playing two rucks (which it seems we are - yay! ffs) then having some smalls who can work off them and take up the loss in pressure in the forward line might help maybe? Even accounting for the injury situation I am finding our team selection full of contradictions every week. fu** it's hard being a Freo supporter.

Disagree. We still have too many short people. Walters, Serong, Giro and Colyer. The last two should be replaced by taller players if we had a better injury situation. If Switta was fit or Henry was up to speed, I would play one of them on top of Walters and Serong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I melted at Banfield playing. Who the * are our small forwards applying pressure now that he and Crowden are playing for Peel?

Colyer is not a pressure forward...

I'm not quite sure how they can justify not bringing Crowden in off a relatively short injury if he is good enough for WAFL

Last edited:
Disagree. We still have too many short people. Walters, Serong, Giro and Colyer. The last two should be replaced by taller players if we had a better injury situation. If Switta was fit or Henry was up to speed, I would play one of them on top of Walters and Serong.
I agree on too many short people but none of those 4 are pressure forwards.

Anyway I missed the melt down earlier today so I'm not as relieved as those of you who thought Banfield was coming in and Treacy and Sturt definitely were not. I'm coming off shaking my head at the prospect of playing two rucks again. Hawthorn isn't the worst side to do that against - I just think it is another bandaid solution that adds nothing to our future.

Is valentine much of a winger could he replace acres?

You can't replace anyone if you are injured all the time, only in theory.

While I melted at Banfield playing. Who the fu** are our small forwards applying pressure now that he and Crowden are playing for Peel?

Colyer is not a pressure forward...

I'm not quite sure how they can justify not bringing Crowden in off a relatively short injury if he is good enough for WAFL

Frederick, Giro resting forward with maybe Sturt (if he is getting picked) doing a bit as well?

You can't replace anyone if you are injured all the time, only in theory.

Frederick, Giro resting forward with maybe Sturt (if he is getting picked) doing a bit as well?
You'd have more trouble getting out of a wet towel then a Giro tackle

What is also interesting about the Peel team is there is no ruck selected. Lachlan Cullen @ 184cm is listed as ruck. I'm pretty sure Logue isn't going to ruck so unless Will Schofield is rucking it seems very strange not having any ruck on the team sheet. Peel's young ruck from last week has gone back to Colts.

Would strongly recommend to read way too much into this.

Just play Banfield as a tagger ffs. Actually don’t mind him coming in. But when he has to play HF, it’s the worst position in the ground. Ross ran away from his preferred gameplan to appease the fans. Unfortunately that meant the tagger became obsolete. JLo probably never seen Banfield play that role. Sad but true

Peel team sheet released
Henry, Banfield, Thomas, Crowden, Logue playing for Peel
For Peel: No Treacy, no Sturt, no Blakely, no Duman - are they the four ins/sub after all? Please be so
No Valente either - general soreness no doubt
Please can the coaches stop jeopardising Henry’s experience and just let him play full games for Peel. Build the tank, and knowledge. Otherwise risking denting his confidence and morale.

If Treacy was actually really good what would we do? Could you still pick 2 rucks?

Eg if Pav was coming in this week. We wouldn’t be making Pav play part time ruck.
Anyway sounds like a shitty team on paper is coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes you can play 2 rucks and bring Traecy in.

Tabs plays FF. The bloke is 198 cm. He is more likely to be Double teamed than Traecy. As for Traecy, let him play CHF.

Darcy and Meek should both play. One rucks the other rests on the bench with 3 mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back