AFL Autopsy Round 4 vs Sydney and City Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure there's a more succinct way to put it - once again, Sydney only won because the umpiring was unfairly biased in their favour.

How the * is this league still alive?

Hopefully the media get up the umpires after that rort

But they wont. They love Buddy and the cinderella swans too much.

Result aside, plenty of exciting things to see. Cox was unbelievable, Perkins showed glimpses and Waterman and Jones worked hard. Plenty to get excited about

Another one that got away. Feel for the young crew, they deserved an away win with that effort. Hopefully Truck can keep their morale and confidence up. We did a lot right, just lacked a bit of last weeks polish.

Our new kids are good, especially cox. McGrath needs to pull the finger out, he's better than that first half display. Missed draper tonight. Good signs going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our second and third efforts from guys like Cox, Perkins and Hind were phenomenonal and really pleasing. Some great signs across the board, even though its frustrating losing in that manner.

Last edited:
Umpiring was a disgrace but what do you expect when we play in the Sydney

A look on the plus side: Cox is going to be an absolute star if the competition

I expected our usual interstate s**t show. Happy we pushed Shitney all the way.
Umpiring was pathetic but we also blew a lead for the second time this year.
We could very well be 3-1.

Still, happy we come to play so far this year.

First time I have really seen the future for this club, absolutely love the kids, Cox is my new number one player. The worse thing was Hickey and Reid played there best games ever, Draper would be flying in this side. Loved the effort, loved the gameplan, the umps can go an EAD!

Ruck contests: prior opportunity
A ruckman who takes direct possession of the ball from a bounce, throw-up or boundary throw-in will no longer be regarded as having had prior opportunity.

That's bullshit
The prior opportunity used to be the tap out, if you were tackled taking the ball out of the ruck you were gone. The rule isn’t you can take half a dozen steps and then get tackled, its if you take the ball out of the ruck and are immediately tackled you have had no prior opportunity

Corruption always wins!!

yeah may have been a good effort but doesn't give us the 4 points. I have said this before and got hammered but don't care anymore we lose a game like that against those pricks who I hate and there you have our ******* captain smiling while talking to Luke Parker. as soon as the cameras went on him he walked off trying to look like he was dejected ...this has happened before and will happen again the bloke is a ******* joke and not a captains a-hole. either should be Merrett or McGrath. ..!!!

Like the effort and good signs re the kids. Don't like us using Cox so much in the ruck at his age. But Wright is basically useless. Need to play Bryan.

Smashed in clearances is a big concern too. But a lot to work with.

Can't fault the effort or endeavour. Would have been happy with the result if not for watching the sh*t served up AFL officials.

We were short a key back and a legit ruck and probably a mid for rotations.
The kids are really impressing and they're starting to string quality quarters together.

fu** you umps, just some baffling decisions
Pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. Very happy with both the level of committment and the team organisation having regard to available players.

Taking the ball from the ruck hasn't been HTB for 10 years - it was decided it was no prior - so no call was the correct call
Surely if you run off with the ball after taking it you’ve had prior.

It used to be that if you took possession out of the ruck and were tackled immediately that would be deemed ‘holding the ball’. That is no longer the case ( which is fair enough). But running off with it and then getting tackled should be holding the ball every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back