AFL Player #20: Peter "Litre" Wright 🏅 - Pleads guilty at tribunal, 4 week suspension - 26/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Wright needs to contest more and start clunking some marks. He was like a 2 metre Cutler tonight.
never pick up players from Queensland?

Cutler
Wright

both looked amazing came to us became soft as butter

never pick up players from Queensland?

Cutler
Wright

both looked amazing came to us became soft as butter

Yet originally from Victoria.

Also, not a Queenslander and not Victorian but Leuenberger another example.

Did not think he fitted well at Essendon.

Yet originally from Victoria.

Also, not a Queenslander and not Victorian but Leuenberger another example.

Did not think he fitted well at Essendon.
never trade for a player from Gold Coast and Brisbane or pickup for free

Mal Michael was a waste of space.

Appears to have been squeezed out of the forward line and I’m inclined to believe we have better ruck options waiting in the wings.

Might be time for a spell in the 2s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think his rucking was the problem. He improved in the 3rd.

His contested work as a marking target was deplorable. Pushed off the ball with ease. No excuse for that as it has nothing to do with ruck craft (which he lacks).
It's the issue we had with him for years.

Excellent shot for goal and can kick the ball a mile, but my god is he poor in contested situations. You see small defenders push him out of a contest like it was nothing and I can't even remember the last time he took a genuine contested grab.

Hope you guys can fix his issues because I still think there is a player there.

He was pushed out so easily and a complete non-factor in contests around the ground. Did he even bring the ball to ground in marking contests?

Wright to play either as a forward/ruck or nothing at all. I'd select Phillips and Bryan as rucks ahead of him.

He was pushed out so easily and a complete non-factor in contests around the ground. Did he even bring the ball to ground in marking contests?

Wright to play either as a forward/ruck or nothing at all. I'd select Phillips and Bryan as rucks ahead of him.
Hmmmn. The moment when you realize why even the Suns didn’t give him a single game last year..

I dont think his rucking was the problem. He improved in the 3rd.

His contested work as a marking target was deplorable. Pushed off the ball with ease. No excuse for that as it has nothing to do with ruck craft (which he lacks).

I was really keen on his signing, but gee, last night has left me with real doubts re his physicality around the ground. Reid made him look like Gleeson in most of their marking contests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was really keen on his signing, but gee, last night has left me with real doubts re his physicality around the ground. Reid made him look like Gleeson in most of their marking contests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The saving grace is that it was the first time he's played like that for us.

Needs to find some angry pills.

Meh. A cheap signing and will require some work. He didn't have a great game last night but I don't think there was any lack of effort. Seems to need a lot of core strength work. We really only got him as a forward and part time ruck and I think he has a place there. However the injuries and seeing him out of the forward line shows it's working reasonably well without him so his spot is in jeopardy.

Not sure I would call him soft. He does not run away from a contest. I have issues with his core strength by that may be what it is. Some blokes are simply not strong or not as strong as others.
I would suggest those who are complaining had expectations that where way too high.
He fills the need for a back up who can play a bit forward. As we go on he either improves or others pass him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back