AFL Autopsy Round 4 vs Sydney and City Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

He took it from the ruck played on after taking 4 steps and was caught HTB.
The worse ones were the protected zone incursions by Sydney you guys should have got at least 4 fifty mtr penalties your way.

To be fair we got the rub of the umpires against Hawthorn (though the free kick count makes it look worse than it was) and we blew it, tonight it went against us.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda been 2 out of 3 wins. Those close losses come down to inexperience and a few key injuries where we have poor depth.

Just saw Heppell taking the group. I would think he would have said things like well we didn't have the run of the green tonight but we don't have our prime ruckman, we don't have our prime backline and we don't have our choice midfield. Yet we came bloody close to beating an unbeaten side that did play finals not too long ago.
Let's keep playing mature football, keep up the attitude, keep improving & * Carlton!

Last two weeks have been a terrific surprise, a lot of promising signs. Cox is something else and Ridley looks like he has taken another step up. Francis was good again. Hind very good second half. Jones and Perkins some promising things. Good game style, a lot to take out of this

Last two weeks have been a terrific surprise, a lot of promising signs. Cox is something else and Ridley looks like he has taken another step up. Francis was good again. Hind very good second half. Jones and Perkins some promising things. Good game style, a lot to take out of this
Stringer is my favourite

...and btw I know it’s an iconic Australian stadium with a great history but if a sinkhole opens up during the middle of the night and swallows the whole ******* ground I won’t shed a tear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mighty proud of the boys tonight. Put in all night.
A little bit sloppy in the conditions and a little bit of overuse, but all I wanted to be competitive with these cocky pricks and we certainly did that!
Those new recruits are going to be a joy to watch!
Well done guys but please do not drop that level of intensity - it was great.

It was so predictable how it was going to be umpired - the good old SCG reaming never gets old.
If I hear their theatre goer crowd whinge about umpires for the rest of the year I'll spew up!

Truck promised a blue collar attitude and that we'd get a consistent effort every week. I really think they're starting to build to that standard.

I was a big fan of getting 2LP in the trade period, but I really come away after tonight with serious concerns about his lack of physicality. I don't think it was rotations that left Cox in the ruck late, I'm almost sure it was that they had more confidence with Cox rucking and being an extra mid versus Wright giving very little. Not having a genuine ruck tonight hurt big time.

Lot's to like, this could be a really enjoyable season for seeing the team develop. For the Franga detractors, I reckon he, again, had a really solid game with little support from the other talls.

The big positives: Cox, Hind, Ridley, Perkins, team effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back