Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - Swans v Bombers Thurs April 8th 7:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What can you do?

Dog s**t umpiring yet again affecting the result of a game.

Happy we didn’t get blown out but to lose like that is heart breaking stuff. Hopefully truck calls it out at the presser.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Lol people clearly missed Gulden being necked 20 out right in front in the second, Kennedy getting pinged when he was tackled the instant he took possession, McInerney (I think) being legged by Tippa right in front.

Garbage umpiring all night but it went both ways. Maybe we should set up an academy so we can do the AFL's job and train 'em right.
Their last goal from Hooker, the ball was only that deep because Reid who was in the front spot to mark got a two-handed shove under the ball which let the ball spill over the back.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
We had 28 scoring shots to 20...if anything the game should be over a long time ago! How it got that close was a joke on our part
Though one can argue that with the umps propelling your forward, you are going to have more scoring shots.

BTW, the stats do not always tell the true story but most are responding to what their objective eyes told them. Many commenting are neutral fans.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think bombers fans can rest easy knowing on any other day, or atleast on a dry deck, that would've been a 10 goal slapping. I'm honestly shocked that we only won by 3 points. Umps had no bearing on the fact that we had the ascendancy for majority of the game.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Guelfi had a holding-the-ball paid against him, when he was gang-tackled, by 4 Swans.

Do you think Chanel 7 replayed it?

Yeah, nah.

Bad Seed

Team Captain
Jan 29, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Probably because it didn't happen. He took the ball from the ruck and was wrapped up immediately from behind by Cox.

Hickey takes ball out ruck
Is about to handball (this is his prior opportunity)
Sees Parish in front of him and decides not to
Is tackled by Cox and caught with the ball
Doesn't dispose of the ball

Stop embarrassing yourself by denying the obvious.

I trust this was helpful.

Get the better of it with umps (never said that one before) but kicked inaccurately.

Better side won imo. Bell isn't a footballer. SCG at night doesn't suit but Essendon defended our corridor attempts really well.

Stringer still has a top 5 punchable face in footy though

I think bombers fans can rest easy knowing on any other day, or atleast on

a dry deck, that would've been a 10 goal slapping. I'm honestly shocked that we only won by 3 points. Umps had no bearing on the fact that we had the ascendancy for majority of the game.

Lol

reckons we would have got a 10’goal slapping when you had a ******* 2:1 freekick count

have another beer mate.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Get the better of it with umps (never said that one before) but kicked inaccurately.

Better side won imo. Bell isn't a footballer. SCG at night doesn't suit but Essendon defended our corridor attempts really well.

Stringer still has a top 5 punchable face in footy though
Papley up there in the punchable stakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
If the those umps aren't called out for their BS they will continue to see the muteness as acceptance and do the same BS to every other team as a precedent. But I doubt anything will come of it. I don't care if being an Ump is a tough job, lots of jobs are tough, either be up for it and do the job right or GTFO.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Two of the 3 losses so far by a total of 4 points. We are doing it well.

We were never, ever going to contend this year and widely (virtually everyone) has tipped us to finish in the bottom 2 or 3 and fair enough. We will have a couple more bad/ugly losses this year but I would rather lose like we did tonight, when not contending, than the ugly alternative. Umpiring not great but not important in the greater scheme of things.

Think we have 5 wins maximum in us this year and then another strong look at the draft. One of those 5 could very well be against this same team at Marvel later in the year.

Ahhh the old "we would've won by more if we weren't lacking in such a fundamental skill of the game" chestnut

whislt disregarding then fact the reason they had 8 more scoring shots was because they had DOUBLE the free kicks....

classic

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
Well, if I were the Swans I would be utterly embarrassed to win a game like that. You can't kick straight but instead of taking the loss, the umpires just deliver the game for you on a platter.

Well done Sydney. It must be nice to know that if you can't kick straight all is not lost, the three men in green will find you. Well done.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Lol

reckons we would have got a 10’goal slapping when you had a ******* 2:1 freekick count

have another beer mate.
The game in general was witches hats for us in regards to winning the contested and outside ball. Nothing to do with umps, we outnumbered you in every contest. In that sense I genuinely never felt that we were going to lose. Our kicking at goal was woeful. On a dry deck at the MCG I'd bet my left nut that we would've hammered you guys on the scoreboard

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
You proved my point that the bad calls are easy to recall because compared to what we copped, they were few and far between.

Dig up.
"I wish there was a bad call that stood out for us"
"There was"
"Well that just proves my point".

Have a breather mate.

Back