Gambling advertising is out of control

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
If people want to have a punt I don't care. But I'm sick of these terrible ads constantly shoved down our throats, gambling odds on everything, and even flogs like Nathan brown integrated into the broadcast.

Time for this crap to be regulated like smoking advertising was

Yep it's disgusting. I'd hate to be an adict as you can't ******* escape it. Then there's a new betting company popping up every other week too.

I dont mind it personally.

play-golf-with-paige-spriranac-pointsbet.jpg

Gambling industry doesn't need ads to take people to the cleaners.

It's a vice like smoking, why do they allow them to advertise it like it's anything else?

People should be free to gamble but you can do that without all the bullshit fun with ya mates throw it on the multi "thank god covid is getting better we can all "play" sport together" garbage.

Also don't understand how people can defend it.. same as plain packaging on cigarettes. Nobody is stopping you from smoking the dart, nobody gonna stop you gambling.

Just takes the sugar out of it and hopefully stops at least 1 kid falling down the well.

It amazes me that Mark Wahlberg has lowered himself to do gambling advertising. How much money must they be paying him?
If you read into Mark Wahlberg's history he doesn't have much room to go any lower

Wahlberg was booked to fly on American Airlines Flight 11 on September 11, 2001, but his plans changed the day before and he canceled his reservation. He received backlash for stating in a 2012 interview: "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did". He added that "there would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

In June 1986, then-15-year-old Wahlberg and three friends chased after three black children while yelling "Kill the nig***, kill the nig***

In August 1992, Wahlberg fractured the jaw of his neighbor, Robert Crehan, in an attack. Court documents state that in 1992, Wahlberg "without provocation or cause, viciously and repeatedly kicked" Crehan in the face while another man, Derek McCall, held the victim on the ground.

Wahlberg assaulted a middle-aged Vietnamese-American man on the street, calling him a "Vietnam ******* s**t" and knocking him unconscious with a large wooden stick. Wahlberg attacked a second Vietnamese-American man later the same day, punching him in the eye.

Wahlberg believed he had left the second victim (named Johnny Trinh) permanently blind in one eye, though Trinh later stated that he had lost his eye in the Vietnam War, while serving in the South Vietnamese Army, who were fighting alongside American troops.

If people want to have a punt I don't care. But I'm sick of these terrible ads constantly shoved down our throats, gambling odds on everything, and even flogs like Nathan brown integrated into the broadcast.

I don't mind the occasional dollar put on the pokies. But I disliked watching NRL mainly because Tom Waterhouse was everywhere

Love having a punt myself, love seeing people have fun on the punt, hate seeing people lose their lives to the punt.

There's absolutely no doubt the advertising for it has just gone too far now. OP is bang on.

I'm a big punter but completely agree. Betting odds should have nothing to do with the broadcast, it's an awful look.

There's enough content out there for us punters and if we want odds we know where to get them.

Attractive female spruiking $15 for Tex Walker to kick 10 goals or more. Given he’s never scored more than 7 goals in over 200 games shouldn’t the odds be at least 200/1.
$15 to kick 10+ against North on sunday are actually good odds........might have a few dollars on myself...

I dont mind it personally.

play-golf-with-paige-spriranac-pointsbet.jpg

yep..I’d follow her around 18 holes

meanwhile...that foxtel betting “show”with Brownless and Thomas is an absolute disgrace.

Betting advertising is completely out of control on all media platforms.

But they pay big bucks consistently and the AFL needs every penny coming in after last years covid white wash