Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 4 vs. GWS, MCG Sat 10/04 @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess if the same logic applied to whoever thought to play Mihochek as a CHF rather than a FB, he may have never had an AFL career. Or J.Pod, the former water Pies waterboy turned Geelong premiership FF. Or playing a premiership ruckman as a FB...

Think anything would better than the atrocious setup at the moment! Howe can mark and kick goals and is not as needed down back as much.

LOL, Checkers had played a fair bit as a KPF before we drafted him, and he was moved forward in the VFL game the week before his debut.

Its not? Have you watched the Power recently? Or the Swans even more recently still? What about when we pulled the trigger in 2010 and promoted Reid, Brown, Dawes, Blair, Goldsack, Sidebottom, Beams?

We were forced to make those changes in 2010 and from memory Blair was the only player listed who debuted in 2010. Jolly and Ball were the significant inclusions.

Minimal changes this week I think.

OUT: WHE
IN: Macrae or Poulter

McCreery and Mayne to swap places in the 23, making it 2 (on-field) debutants. Not that I think Mayne deserves to be dropped, just that we need to start giving these kids opportunities.

McCreery and Mayne to swap places in the 23, making it 2 (on-field) debutants. Not that I think Mayne deserves to be dropped, just that we need to start giving these kids opportunities.
They'll get games. There's no rush. Had any of our best players debuted at this stage of their first year. Maybe Adams because he was in a start up team.

Maybe include Callum Brown in your outs instead then. He does deserve to be dropped and he's no kid anymore.

Btw.. It's just not the same when you don't post "Out: Phillips" every week.

The sad part is ...Nathan will not make any changes
McCreery should have played last week...he already has senior experience compared to the rest of our kids...and yet he still prefers to trust names like Thomas, WHE, Mayne, Madgen etc
(I am aware McCreery is playing this week)

Nathan Murphy has probably put together the best block of form to date and he still wasn’t chosen to play last week for example and he has been arguably he best performed player in the twos by reports
Then he suffers an injury / concussion and will most likely be sidelined for the next week or so.
Its just so Collingwood got s**t like this to happen.

Watching Essendon who are decimated and play the kids and get the instant bounce that you get with young players...and then I look at who Nathan continues to select weekly....you couldn’t be more deflated as a fan.

I’m not suggesting the kids are the instant salvation but you get bounce with youth.
Sure they will fizzle out and drop off as expected, it’s a long season...but I can’t recall the last time I ever got excited at selection with Nathan Buckley sides.
Even under Malthouse we were renowned to play kids and debut players...irrespective of the birth certificate and we would get a bounce from most of them.
Eg. Pendlebury first game
Dale Thomas
Nathan Brown
Ben Reid
Chris Dawes v St Kilda etc just from memory

The sad part is ...Nathan will not make any changes
McCreery should have played last week...he already has senior experience compared to the rest of our kids...and yet he still prefers to trust names like Thomas, WHE, Mayne, Madgen etc
(I am aware McCreery is playing this week)

Nathan Murphy has probably put together the best block of form to date and he still wasn’t chosen to play last week for example and he has been arguably he best performed player in the twos by reports
Then he suffers an injury / concussion and will most likely be sidelined for the next week or so.
Its just so Collingwood got sh*t like this to happen.

Watching Essendon who are decimated and play the kids and get the instant bounce that you get with young players...and then I look at who Nathan continues to select weekly....you couldn’t be more deflated as a fan.

I’m not suggesting the kids are the instant salvation but you get bounce with youth.
Sure they will fizzle out and drop off as expected, it’s a long season...but I can’t recall the last time I ever got excited at selection with Nathan Buckley sides.
Even under Malthouse we were renowned to play kids and debut players...irrespective of the birth certificate and we would get a bounce from most of them.
Eg. Pendlebury first game
Dale Thomas
Nathan Brown
Ben Reid
Chris Dawes v St Kilda etc just from memory
Interesting memory you have there. Dawes didn't debut until round 19 in his second year. Brown didn't play a game in his first year at the club and was going to be overlooked for the GF in favour of Presti. Reid only played 3 games in each of his first 2 years before being reinvented as a KPB. Even Pendlebury didn't debut until round 10. If anything, we were renowned for letting the kids earn their stripes in the VFL before favouring them over the old guard. It's also very easy to forget the vast majority of debutantes who didn't have an impact in favour of the few who did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the new 24 hour before the game team news. I understood it last year, there’s no need this year. The coaches already know who they’re playing

Besides, I much rather my Thursday night being ruined when WHE keeps his spot instead of the club ruining my Friday night, and most likely Saturday night when they lose.

I hate the new 24 hour before the game team news. I understood it last year, there’s no need this year. The coaches already know who they’re playing

Besides, I much rather my Thursday night being ruined when WHE keeps his spot instead of the club ruining my Friday night, and most likely Saturday night when they lose.
Agreed. Don't like the way the game is compartmentalized into that 24 hour period between releasing the team and playing the team and do not understand why the teams can't again be announced on a Thursday night.

How does Cal Brown survive your cut ahead of Mayne and Madgen?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Judging by Buckley's comments, who practiced wearing black or white, there will be minimal changes
McCreery debuts and he'll shift the magnets for the Sub
Over the next few weeks we should transition a player or two at a time
I'm all for playing Macrae, I would replace CB (JT )
I would actually prefer to play Kelly (over Cameron) replacing WHE asap
Keane or Murphy to replace Madgen
I'm hoping Henry and Reef force their way into the 22 by the end of the year
Mayne and Greenwood as depth this season only to named as the Sub
Callum missed a set shot, I was very upset at the time, but WHE needs a rocket up the arse. a message needs to be sent

I'm wit ya bruh.. and Thursday night games are better as well.. going to the footy Friday or Saturday.. then going back home to get ready to go out and that re.. tiring. Would rather have the whole day free to psych myself up for a big night on the piss.. getting excited over prepping clothes and that re chopping and changing different outfits and that re sort of a thing.

In my ideal world the following changes would happen:

Out: WHE, JT, Mayne

In: McCreey, Cameron, Macrae

Next week:

Out: C.Brown, Madgen
In: Henry, Murphy

Maynard, Roughead, Murphy
Howe, Moore, IQ
Noble, Pendles, Daicos
McCreey,Cox, Sidebottom
JDG,Mihocek, Henry

Grundy,Adams,Crisp

Cameron, Sier, Macrae, T.Brown

The back 6 is still pretty strong. Murphy is the only new addition.

Midfield has the inclusion of Macrae.

Forward line has new 2 players who will provide the same as JT & WHE.

Cameron is required to be the outlet kick so Cox can play deeper and closer to 100% game time.

You’d hope Sier & T.Brown would step up by then.

Judging by Buckley's comments, who practiced wearing black or white, there will be minimal changes
McCreery debuts and he'll shift the magnets for the Sub
Over the next few weeks we should transition a player or two at a time
I'm all for playing Macrae, I would replace CB (JT )
I would actually prefer to play Kelly (over Cameron) replacing WHE asap
Keane or Murphy to replace Madgen
I'm hoping Henry and Reef force their way into the 22 by the end of the year
Mayne and Greenwood as depth this season only to named as the Sub
Callum missed a set shot, I was very upset at the time, but WHE needs a rocket up the arse. a message needs to be sent
I don't think Kelly played well in the VFL practice game and probably should not get an AFL game until he is showing good form. I would be looking for him to play in defence to allow Moore to play forward given the advantage of the new rule to forwards. Kelly probably has a better chance of succeeding in defence than attack at this stage of his career. But if he is to be played forward, Cameron whose VFL form has been good should be selected ahead of him.

In my ideal world the following changes would happen:

Out: WHE, JT, Mayne

In: McCreey, Cameron, Macrae

Next week:

Out: C.Brown, Madgen
In: Henry, Murphy

Maynard, Roughead, Murphy
Howe, Moore, IQ
Noble, Pendles, Daicos
McCreey,Cox, Sidebottom
JDG,Mihocek, Henry

Grundy,Adams,Crisp

Cameron, Sier, Macrae, T.Brown

The back 6 is still pretty strong. Murphy is the only new addition.

Midfield has the inclusion of Macrae.

Forward line has new 2 players who will provide the same as JT & WHE.

Cameron is required to be the outlet kick so Cox can play deeper and closer to 100% game time.

You’d hope Sier & T.Brown would step up by then.
Murphy was concussed last week. He won't play for 2 weeks.

Agreed. Don't like the way the game is compartmentalized into that 24 hour period between releasing the team and playing the team and do not understand why the teams can't again be announced on a Thursday night.

On a slightly unrelated topic I’m sure everyone has noticed that the scores are no longer displayed on the AFL app. Very annoying. Presumably this was part of the Kayo deal. Murdoch and online betting companies now call the shots at the AFL. Every scrap of information now requires a commercial sponsor e.g injury reports; team selection announcements. What next? Augmented reality displays during the game? Fans required to wear sponsors T-shirts when attending games?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back