WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Please can the coaches stop jeopardising Henry’s experience and just let him play full games for Peel. Build the tank, and knowledge. Otherwise risking denting his confidence and morale.
I'm sure they'd love to have the luxury of doing so, but there are 0....I repeat, 0, other small forward options currently available to us.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Yeah. Just trying to make some kind of sense to the smoke signals.

I think we looked a lot better with a genuine contested mark at half-forward against GWS. Doesnt have to be Fyfe, but it does need to be someone who the oppo KPD have to respect.

(Although how much was fue to a lack of pressure v decent CHF outlet?? Jury is probably still out)

And last week we lacked some defensive pressure around the stoppage. Banfield has probably played his best footy as a defensive midfielder.

Its just hard to work out what we are doing ATM.
That would be nice to have both Sturt and Crowden in the forward line this week. I am hoping at least one plays.

I can see Freo beat the Hawks like we did beat GWS 2 weeks ago. I don't know if 11 goals and 20 behinds will be enough. 11 goals and 14 behinds is 80 points.

Given the choice. I rather Fyfe play in the middle and Banfield up forward.

Might have Brennan Cox and Taylin Duman as our 2 tall defenders for the next month until either Hamling or Pearce returns from injury.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I reckon the team this week will look worse than our team right at the start of the rebuild.

Our rebuild has centered around cramming as many fringe C-Graders into the side as possible and finishing 13th every year.
We might win this game then lose next week, or maybe lose the next 2 and have a resurgent win against Norf at home, either way we're tracking really well towards 13th again.
Meh I don't care if we finish 14th with 8 wins and 14 defeats. Get pick 5.

Hell I don't care if Freo finished 16th with 6 or 7 wins we have injuries. Might as well rotate the depth players and kids

Crimboy

Debutant
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
yes you can play 2 rucks and bring Traecy in.

Tabs plays FF. The bloke is 198 cm. He is more likely to be Double teamed than Traecy. As for Traecy, let him play CHF.

Darcy and Meek should both play. One rucks the other rests on the bench with 3 mids.
No chance. Darcy, Meek, Taberner, Treacy... thats 4 kids who are basically stationary targets. No way you would play 2 tall forwards and 2 rucks. Where would Darcy/Meek rest? Bench because they couldnt go forward...and Lobb back in means theyd drop meek/darcy. I think playing both Darcy and Meek in the same game mutually excludes brining Treacy in.

Crimboy

Debutant
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Meh I don't care if we finish 14th with 8 wins and 14 defeats. Get pick 5.

Hell I don't care if Freo finished 16th with 6 or 7 wins we have injuries. Might as well rotate the depth players and kids
But JL isnt rotating through the depth players/kids. :~( which is the frustrating point

Purple Madness

Senior List
Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why does Watson deserve a game, he was a liability in his last outing.
Banfield is depth, lower depth at that . He is coming of a long injury layoff, why pick him.
Neither are part of our future.
I said the same thing re Watson on another thread but got shot down by a few people. I find it interesting when 2 people post the same thing on bf but one gets dislikes and hatred the other gets likes and love??

Anyway, the Bloke is a deadset munter

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Four Changes I reckon.
Ins will be from: Treacy, Fyfe, Blakely, Watson, Sturt, Duman
Outs will be from: Switta (inj), Schultz (conc), Young (inj) Acres, Colyer

My prediction:
Switta > Sturt
Schultz > Fyfe
Young > Watson
Acres > Duman

Emergencies: Acres (sub), Treacy, Blakely

With Blakely released to play for Peel.

maccamk

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Four Changes I reckon.
Ins will be from: Treacy, Fyfe, Blakely, Watson, Sturt, Duman
Outs will be from: Switta (inj), Schultz (conc), Young (inj) Acres, Colyer

My prediction:
Switta > Sturt
Schultz > Fyfe
Young > Watson
Acres > Duman

Emergencies: Acres (sub), Treacy, Blakely

With Blakely released to play for Peel.

Duman hasn’t done enough at Peel to get a game in place of Acres.

+ Fyfe is a lock
+ Watson is a lock (JL said doesn’t want players with 2 wks of no football)
+ Sturt has to be a lock to replace Switta or Schulz
+ Blakely as the sub
+ Duman as the emergency to fire a warning shot at Acres as Duman been playing a bit of wing

Left field options

Freddie being moved up onto the wing to free up a forward spot for Treacy to come in. That would be a massive risk considering the expected weather on Sunday

Or

Acres is dropped Chapman to the wing and Duman into defence. If Chapman can bring the run he has shown off HB in his first 2 games to the wing it could work VERY well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Crimboy

Debutant
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

+ Fyfe is a lock
+ Blakely as the sub
+ Duman as the emergency to fire a warning shot at Acres as Duman been playing a bit of wing

Left field options

Freddie being moved up onto the wing to free up a forward spot for Treacy to come in. That would be a massive risk considering the expected weather on Sunday

Or

Acres is dropped Chapman to the wing and Duman into defence. If Chapman can bring the run he has shown off HB in his first 2 games to the wing it could work VERY well.

If they wont push Young to the wing as the best kick in our team, no one will get pushed out to the wing.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

+ Fyfe is a lock
+ Blakely as the sub

Left field options

Or

chapman and Cox as the 2 tall defenders? could work.

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Crazy that we could have fielded an almost AFL quality side this week and appear to have simply chosen not to.

Ryan Logue Wilson
Aish Cox Chapman
Fred Fyfe Brayshaw
Sturt Treacy Walters
Henry Tabs Crowden

Meek Mundy Serong

Cerra Blakely Conca Acres

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
That weather system has changed rapidly over the past 18 hours with those low pressure systems combining and the cyclone predicted to be down as far as the central wheatbelt area of the state by Saturday.

Rain in Perth is already factored in as intermittent from early Sunday morning.

Don't know how that should affect selection - whether rucks become more important, or whether you go smaller, but we played some of our worst football last season against Port when it rained and at home against Geelong.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
I said the same thing re Watson on another thread but got shot down by a few people. I find it interesting when 2 people post the same thing on bf but one gets dislikes and hatred the other gets likes and love??

Anyway, the Bloke is a deadset munter

I can't fathom why Watson was drafted when we already had a surplus of half backs .

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Crazy that we could have fielded an almost AFL quality side this week and appear to have simply chosen not to.

Ryan Logue Wilson
Aish Cox Chapman
Fred Fyfe Brayshaw
Sturt Treacy Walters
Henry Tabs Crowden

Meek Mundy Serong

Cerra Blakely Conca Acres

Picking that side would mean losing the conservative attitude of the coaching panel.I don't think that's possible.

Torree

Premium Platinum
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Schultz and Switta out + wet conditions it would be a perfect chance to give Joel Western a run.

Back