AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

13 - cox.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 6, Rick Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Guy is going to be a legit superstar. That handball he did (you know the one) was amazing.
It sort of brings me back to the good old days with Dustin Fletcher and his Inspector Gadget limbs.

This guy is going to be a match winner. His endurance means he can go back to take game saving marks and drift forward and make an impact.

He'll be very difficult to stop when he builds size.
I hope he does not get too big. Maybe another 5kg or so but builds the core strength. One of his biggest weapons is his agility and above average pace.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
I hope he does not get too big. Maybe another 5kg or so but builds the core strength. One of his biggest weapons is his agility and above average pace.
Yep. Keep him athletic. Build strength but let the bulk come naturally and over time.

It’s not a big frame....narrow shoulders. He won’t carry bulk easily.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I think I saw him get out muscled once the whole night. He won’t need to bulk up to be a good player. His genius will rise above. Most exciting youngster we have had since Lloyd’s first few games imo.

I think I saw him get out muscled once the whole night. He won’t need to bulk up to be a good player. His genius will rise above. Most exciting youngster we have had since Lloyd’s first few games imo.
100% this.

Everything he does is good at the moment. Stumbled onto an absolute jet here

I’m beginning to get the feeling that COVID has worked in our favour here.

No way this kid slides to 8 in a normal year.

Tiger_Of_Old

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Bad luck on last night think you were ripped off with a couple of non decisions.
Just want to say you look like you have a ripper in Nik Cox.đź‘Ť

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I can't remember the last time I was super excited about 1 player let alone Cox, Draper, Perkins and Jones!

just quietly, i think we landed another one in Waterman.
Smart, strong, accurate kick, and surprisingly quick.

Cox was amazing last night.
Numbers aren't there, but the gushing from the commentary box told the story.
Just did everything right.

Gulden has been the stand out junior to date, but i reckon Coxy would be 2nd from the 2020 draftees so far this season.

bombadeer

All Australian
Jul 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Just watched the replay - amazing how much ground this guy covers. They could have used him a lot more - always getting into great link up positions. Kind of wish they had, great kick and good decision maker, already looks like he could turn a game.

Apr 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m beginning to get the feeling that COVID has worked in our favour here.

No way this kid slides to 8 in a normal year.
Sometimes moments come along that work in clubs favor. For Geelong, it was nailing that 2002 draft and having access to Ablett as a F/S. For Hawthorn, it was extending their dominance due to expansion and nailing the 2005 Draft. For us, it could be nailing a COVID compromised draft.

Back