List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Trust me, Richmond did not want to play us in that Grand Final and they would’ve been giving high fives after GWS got in there. Collingwood really break down their game and defend really well on them and they really worry about Mason Cox and Brody Mihocek and they would’ve been going ‘GWS just handed us the flag’.”
Who said this??

Dimma press conference today
Dimma mentions that he is in favour for a loan system for clubs

Eg: Gold Coast currently have all 3 of their listed rucks out for long term injury and would be able to loan Ryan off us

Similar systems are used in a lot of codes and could be really great for Development

Hardwick previews Port Adelaide
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...adelaide?videoId=899147&modal=true&type=video

nope. Doubt Dimma even thinks that either - just a great deflection piece. The reason loaning works in the soccer world is because their are 10,000 different leagues you can loan them to - very rarely does a player get loaned to an opponent in the same league, and when they do its pretty much a "try before you buy" arrangement.

Answer to the injury issue is just having the ability to sign "Free Agents" to short term contracts based on players being place on the long term injury list, with a deadline date of the end of the bye rounds. Give the guys in the lower leagues a reason tp work hard etc

“Trust me, Richmond did not want to play us in that Grand Final and they would’ve been giving high fives after GWS got in there. Collingwood really break down their game and defend really well on them and they really worry about Mason Cox and Brody Mihocek and they would’ve been going ‘GWS just handed us the flag’.”

And thinking like that is EXACTLY why they failed & we didn't

I would hate to lose both our 1st rounders in the chase for Cerra not that i dont think he is worth 2 late picks but more that i think there will be 2 good KPP available at these picks and the cap space it would consume. We are 2 years away from getting a 'Cerra' with the untried young mids we still need to give games too.

dont disagree with that - i think its time for a lot of our kids to start be given the game time to develop. I think the list is at a tipping point with the older blokes and the likes of Houli, Astbury, Cotchin, Prestia, Riewoldt, Sheeds. - its reasonable to think we will start seeing a noticeable dip in their output and ability to stay on the park. These younger players though do also start needing to take their chances a bit more aggressively. Its felt like a while since we saw a young player "burst" into the fold & command a spot. Higgo and Stack were probably the closest we have had to that and neither of them were able to sustain it

I think you have forgotten about Noah Balta but I take your point.

Agree on the tipping point. Once we can’t win flags I want us to just play kids rather than keeping senior guys around longer to play the odd final.

Agree on the tipping point. Once we can’t win flags I want us to just play kids rather than keeping senior guys around longer to play the odd final.

We should always be blooding young kids even whilst winning

We have 4 interchange players and having 1 kid playing every game and getting game time into them would be the perfect way to get games and exposing them to the high pressure games would do them the world of good.

No I remembered Balta - he had 13 on & off games (many forced by a plethora of injuries) in 2019 before he started blowing people away down back. Im thinking more about the kid we draft and play early and instantly strings a season together.

Its hard to believe or even remember just how hard Dimma made Shai work before he gave him a decent run in the seniors, & if he stuffed about and did something selfish even once - he would instantly get dropped. Shai is only hitting 50 games now, can you believe that?

Dimma loves to make some players work their ass off for it - yet has oddly will gift games to others like Rioli & Stack - seems like the ultimate compliment he can give you as a rookie is not play you and make you earn it.

Interesting talk from Sumich that Cerra will want out at end of season. I know a few around here were pretty interested at various points. Would be some elite skill to come into our midfield.
Sumich mentions Cerra and Tucker as players that may want to come back to Victoria.

Both are players that Tiger71 has linked us to previously, and both would fill needs in the midfield/wing.

Last edited:
Christian Salem as a free agent anyone? ... could do a lot worse as a Houli replacement. Fast, skilled and only 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slim pickings in the FA market this year except for Bont & Kelly (good luck affording either of those lol). Though usually at the end of the season someone juicy usually asks for a move but that comes with a greater cost than picking up FA’s. Cerra likely costs a bomb, Tucker I think is contracted beyond this year so they would hold the whip hand in that case.

I would hate to lose both our 1st rounders in the chase for Cerra not that i dont think he is worth 2 late picks but more that i think there will be 2 good KPP available at these picks and the cap space it would consume. We are 2 years away from getting a 'Cerra' with the untried young mids we still need to give games too.

If Cerra is a must have (which personally I’m not convinced of ) we should offer one first rounder and that’s it. Every time one of our players that’s out of contact or only has a year left wants to leave we get told, ‘we won't get fair value, so we have to accept what we get or we'll lose him for nothing'. Well, the shoe is on the other foot now. Just saying not interested in winning some imaginary congeniality award come trade week, two first round picks should be definitely off the table.

Things are grim here. Kelly will leave I think.
Slim pickings in the FA market this year except for Bont & Kelly (good luck affording either of those lol). Though usually at the end of the season someone juicy usually asks for a move but that comes with a greater cost than picking up FA’s. Cerra likely costs a bomb, Tucker I think is contracted beyond this year so they would hold the whip hand in that case.

We need Josh Dunkley, I'm not deviating from this even Adam Treloar is playing outside he can't get a look in as an inside mid.

We need Josh Dunkley, I'm not deviating from this even Adam Treloar is playing outside he can't get a look in as an inside mid.
Yup, we need an inside mid.
Dunkley, Taranto, Cerra, Green
We either go hard at one this trade period or try and package up our picks for the draft and try and get a top 5 pick
I posted this in the post match thread as well
Only 3 of our boys in the top 10 for contested possies
3D91D115-1515-4304-92B6-F0212AD4DDF5.png

Caddy was brought over as an inside mid, has never been played in that role. If the knock is his pace or endurance then how did he get a role on the wing???? When prestia or cotch are out, we should play caddy in the guts. We dont need to trade or FA to solve this problem when we have an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back