Teams Parramatta

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we were midtable in terms of fans (talking from a Sydney/NSW pov), yeah I knew the Rabbitohs were popular, but thought successful sides like Manly and the Chooks would have more fans

Nah were up there in sydney.

Western sydney is the heartland of rugby league Dogs, Tigers & Eels have the majority of fans along with souths in sydney.

Parramatta are always in top 5 for membership despite being crap for the last decade.

Manly and roosters being in upperclass areas. Sport isnt there priority. Bondi has more backpackers and obivously older rich people who don't give a s**t. Its why roosters get bagged for supposedly never having any fans at the home game.

Then Manly is similar with the north shore abnoxious vibe about them. Not giving a toss really. Plus everyone in sydney hates Manly unless your a manly fan. Probably like collingwood except not as popular.

Though i do think the roosters do have strong fanbase and i would say are definitely more popular then people think especially out west of sydney due to people who used to live in the eastern suburbs move out west and get there kids to support them as well. I know a lot more roosters fans then most other teams in sydney.

Nah were up there in sydney.

Western sydney is the heartland of rugby league Dogs, Tigers & Eels have the majority of fans along with souths in sydney.

Parramatta are always in top 5 for membership despite being crap for the last decade.

Manly and roosters being in upperclass areas. Sport isnt there priority. Bondi has more backpackers and obivously older rich people who don't give a sh*t. Its why roosters get bagged for supposedly never having any fans at the home game.

Then Manly is similar with the north shore abnoxious vibe about them. Not giving a toss really. Plus everyone in sydney hates Manly unless your a manly fan. Probably like collingwood except not as popular.

Though i do think the roosters do have strong fanbase and i would say are definitely more popular then people think especially out west of sydney due to people who used to live in the eastern suburbs move out west and get there kids to support them as well. I know a lot more roosters fans then most other teams in sydney.

roosters have a lot of fans out my way.

the turf wars have a bit to do with it too. We never had the sort of junior rugby league breeding ground of Souths or Penrith but we had a lot more of an imprint before Souths pinched a lot of our junior area. There are a lot less kids and families feeding into roosters-by-default fanship than there used to be

Alrighty, take the 2 points and move on to next week

Don't think we'll get the Storm that weak again, at least we held them scoreless

Not too fussed getting rolled by St George last week, horrendous conditions, real 50-50 slugfest could've went either way. St George imo have a good bunch of backs too.

Alrighty, take the 2 points and move on to next week

Don't think we'll get the Storm that weak again, at least we held them scoreless

Not too fussed getting rolled by St George last week, horrendous conditions, real 50-50 slugfest could've went either way. St George imo have a good bunch of backs too.

If Jennings gets the ball down and gutherson didn't get run down by papenhuyzen its 24-0 and better victory.

They did what they had to do & storm never surrender no matter who is playing for them. There defensive system is too strong to blow them away even with all their injuries.

Keeping them to 0 was great they did have a lot of ball on inside the 20 and even though missing munster and cam smith they still through a fair bit at us in the game

Defence wins titles, and Parramatta have built a very solid defence that has shown this season it can withstand what most teams have thrown at it.

I’m happy we aren’t premiership favourites but I do think we are in with a very good chance.

Defence wins titles, and Parramatta have built a very solid defence that has shown this season it can withstand what most teams have thrown at it.

I’m happy we aren’t premiership favourites but I do think we are in with a very good chance.
We are definitely a chance against everyone except the Chooks

The Chooks do us all the time in the last 15-20 minutes, can't play the whole 80 against them, we need to find ways of grinding out 80 against them should we play them when it matters.

Against Penrith or the Storm or whoever yep I'd back us in though

We are definitely a chance against everyone except the Chooks

The Chooks do us all the time in the last 15-20 minutes, can't play the whole 80 against them, we need to find ways of grinding out 80 against them should we play them when it matters.

Against Penrith or the Storm or whoever yep I'd back us in though
I think the Roosters high injury toll could cost them this season, I think 4 or 5 are out for the season and another 4 or 5 may not be back until finals time, so there is a possibility they could drop out of the four making their task more difficult. I'm not discounting them, but it would be an amazing achievement if they three-peat.

Arthur simply not good enough, this is his peak

Cannot defend

Get in a coach who can defend
Tend to agree.
Teams just walk through tries constantly on us. Still of the belief that we aren’t going anywhere fast with Moses either but I think I’m in the minority as most Parra fans think he is the second coming of Christ

Tend to agree.
Teams just walk through tries constantly on us. Still of the belief that we aren’t going anywhere fast with Moses either but I think I’m in the minority as most Parra fans think he is the second coming of Christ
Moses was decent last year, this year he was very meh

Really want Jai Field fastracked into the 17, that kid can play.

Aside from Guthos blunder tonight, he's generally been one of our better performers week in week out

Gutho, Nathan Brown and Mahoney would be my top 3 performers of the season

RCG and Matterson were better first half of the season than their second half, I think RCG got a bit fatigued, Matters had a couple of injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tell you i forget what a great stadium Bankwest is going to be when its full again like last year when we had 2 sellouts and won by 50 both times ans the place was humming.

50% capacity and 15k last night and the atmosphere was awesome. Going to home games at 25% capacity you sort of forget and appreciate what a great atmosphere does to a sporting contest.

In terms of the game Parra stalled halfway through the year and just never got there mojo back.

Moses wont win a comp too frantic and cant control a game. Didnt force a repeat set at all during the finals.

Gutho tries his backside off and paulo is one of the best front rowers in the game but when he goes off Parra lose control thank god Jane evans is pissing off he is lazy and one of the main reasons we drifted out of games between the 25-50 min mark in games in back half of the year

Brad arthur as good as he has been has probably reached his level as coach 1/6 in finals. Can get us to the finals just cant get us to the next level.

Wayne bennett would be perfect for this squad look at souths and what he did with st george 10 years ago when bennett won them a comp who are similar to Parramatta now getting to finals but couldn't take the next step.

They said at the game last night he is leaving going to UK. He was on the list of the departing players at halftime on the big screen
Damn, he has serious speed Field, really don't get why he can't play as a 3 or 4 along with his halves roles

St George let him go too, I only see improvement in the kid if someone gives him a go

I wasn't overly impressed with Field, he is nothing more than a back up, so if he leaves, it's no big deal.

I think a few tweaks to the game plan, and we will be in the a chance next season.

I wasn't overly impressed with Field, he is nothing more than a back up, so if he leaves, it's no big deal.

I think a few tweaks to the game plan, and we will be in the a chance next season.
Whys that? Felt speed was a problem with us regularly, Field has that.

We are no chance with Arthur, he has absolutely no clue on the defensive side of things, this is his peak.

Defence wasn’t our problem, we are one of the better defensive units in the comp. That’s not to say we don’t have a weak spot that can be improved. Blake and Ferguson don’t combine very well and need to be separated, perhaps that is going to happen if Jennings doesn’t return.

Nice article on Maika Sivo on NRL.com this morning.

Why Sivo sacrificed six figures to stay at Parra

A very humble and loyal young man, very happy to see him stay in Blue and Gold for the next two seasons, maybe longer.

He lost his way at the back end of last year especially defensively. And even his carries were quite poor. Needs to push for a quicker play the ball more instead of trying to milk a penalty everytime he gets tackled.

I reckon they bulked him up too much last year and lost his explosiveness and a yard of pace as well. Does seem he is a bit leaner this year.

But yeah sivo chant is a crowd favourite at bankwest. And hopefully he returns to 2019 form. Nothing like a big fijian flyer in full flight like semi was. As those length of field tries sivo scored in his rookie year were spectacular. The time he swatted matt dufty for the dragons in 2019 was right in front of where i sit 20m from the try line in the left hand corner was spectacular.

Deserves an upgrade already
I wouldn’t be surprised if his contract is upgraded and extended later in the season. He has been an unbelievable pick up for us, strengthens our pack and gives us so much “go forward”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back