Remove this Banner Ad

19 - hind.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 31, Rick Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't think is necessary to compare, Saad was a fantastic player for us and we got well compensated for his departure. There were some bad habits, but as a team our forwardline didn't give him much to work with.

Hind has been a pleasant surprise, appears to have improved his all round game since he played for our VFL side; kicking, defensive work, team play and decision making have all shown growth whilst keeping his speed. I think we all assumed he'd be one of a few options for that HBF slot, we probably didn't expect him to be so clearly best-22 in that role.

Hind seems to be reliable with ball in hand, using his pace at the right times offensively and defensively and looks to spot up his teammates as a first option instead of trying to run and carry the length of the field.

We finished 2020 having lost two of the best running half-backs in the game, and appear to have found a player in Hind who is going to go a long way to covering the loss of one of them.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
This might be true, but watching Saad without wearing the rose-coloured-glasses it is amazing the amount of times his scintillating runs end with him just throwing the ball on the boot. Hind seems to be purposeful about his attacking runs and doesn't seem to care how many running bounces he has, as long as the ball goes to an Essendon player in a better position.

Saad being one of our 'best players' may have been perpetuating a problem.

They essentially do the same with Hind lowering the eyes whereas Saad blazes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desync

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
He's way better than Saad! Saad just blazes away and then bombs it or kicks it straight to the opposing team, I'm honestly way happier with Hind (So far)

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
comparing Hind to Saad is like comparing Daryl Hall to John Oates.
Hmmmn. Let’s unpack.

Saad left because he wanted to be a rich girl but is now at least a bit out of touch.

Certainly no electric blue*

Whereas Hind’s kick is on my lips. Because his kick, his kick, I can’t resist. Because his kick is on my list of the best things in life.

*yes, John Oates co-wrote that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phat Toni

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Spurs & Storm
Regardless of the Saad comparison on who does what better the fact is Hind doing a very similar job to Saad for half the price!!! Sucked in Carltank.

Last edited:
St Kilda would be spewing that they played him as a small forward.

Elite running half-back flanker at VFL level, and is the same at AFL. Jet.

It’s crazy why we didn’t lock him up in the first place and even more so why Saints didn’t!

Initially missed him by that much. The issue if your a Saint is that you stuffed up by playing him in the forward line and then it seems as if they’ve picked Jack Lonie over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back