RilesMacca

Keep punchin mate
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Gday,
Today I was watching the 2003 qf against port Adelaide which we won, and when the swans theme song played, I had never heard it before. The song was different to the 2005 grand final one and it wasn't the 1990s Up there for Sydney one, it sounded like a more lethargic version with the same lyrics as our current song, with less sounding instruments. If you want to hear it, click the link here and go to 22:50. Im only 18 years old so obviously I have never experienced this song, and I could'nt find it anywhere on YouTube. Anyway I am pretty curious about it and I am wondering how long did the Swans used this theme song for? What are your thoughts on it? Did you think it was better or worse than the other Swans theme songs?

Gday,
Today I was watching the 2003 qf against port Adelaide which we won, and when the swans theme song played, I had never heard it before. The song was different to the 2005 grand final one and it wasn't the 1990s Up there for Sydney one, it sounded like a more lethargic version with the same lyrics as our current song, with less sounding instruments. If you want to hear it, click the link here and go to 22:50. Im only 18 years old so obviously I have never experienced this song, and I could'nt find it anywhere on YouTube. Anyway I am pretty curious about it and I am wondering how long did the Swans used this theme song for? What are your thoughts on it? Did you think it was better or worse than the other Swans theme songs?
The Official version the club used was by The Fable Singers but many years ago the AFL released the album that had all the club songs on it performed by a different group. Obviously that was the album they used at Footy Park to play the team songs. They did the same again in 2017 and released all the club songs again. Even worse than that version. You can find it in the iTunes store under footy fever themes or something.

That was a great game... didn't give a hoot about the song, but was almost crying with anxiety and excitement by the end of the game!

Yeah must've been great to watch live! I asked my old man about the game, and he slightly remembered about it. He told me he remembered watching the prelim against the lions and us swannies were doing well up till 3 quarter time, then the lions trounced us unfortunately in the final term.

Yeah must've been great to watch live! I asked my old man about the game, and he slightly remembered about it. He told me he remembered watching the prelim against the lions and us swannies were doing well up till 3 quarter time, then the lions trounced us unfortunately in the final term.
Happened a lot through the 90s and we came to expect it... were never sure we would win right up until the siren sounded! But those early years of success were so very, very exciting... all cumulating in 05! God it was great!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back