Preview Changes Dogs V Lions at Mars 10.4.21 - Rd 4, 2021

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hahah good ol pace hey - lets draft usain Bolt then - he has a clear point of difference.
Unfortunately you still need to be able to do the basics.

To go with his 9 touches a game and less than average efficiency McNeal has layed just 4 tackles in Total inside 3 games - and only 1 of those tackles inside fifty. he has had 2 1% registered across 3 games. Yes 2.
Its not like the kid is using his pace to be

Oh but he has pace though so his metres gained must be high - carrying the ball distance - nup nothing there either - 2 bounces for the year only.
140 metres gained rd1, 242 rd2 and 212 in a 128 point thumping. When you have just 9 touches is an average of close to 20m a touch.

Pace is only good when you use it to your advantage and Id say his intercept against the Eagles the only time its advantaged the side.

match committe simply must reward the form of cavarra at the lower levels
ok let’s put you in charge then cause you know best

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He has certainly looked good this year but it’s only three games.

Saints supporters warned us that he can have a slashing game but then go missing for weeks. That’s what happened last year.

I love what he brings but I too want to see the consistency.
And Saints supporters are always right

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Cooking breakfast for a few mates before we all head down. It's an Eggs Benedict type of morning.

What is it usually like trying to get into the ground? Should I give myself some extra time?

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I really can’t believe we are going in with only one key position defender against the Lions who have two big key forwards. Regardless of the weather we needed at least one more. I mean what if Keath gets injured? Then what do they do? Whoever thinks this is a good strategy is an absolute moron. Sorry but this is that stupid.
LOL

Love it genius move to bring back the good old BF melts!

Cooking breakfast for a few mates before we all head down. It's an Eggs Benedict type of morning.

What is it usually like trying to get into the ground? Should I give myself some extra time?

Usually no issues but with covid impact perhaps allow ten/fifteen minutes extra.

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are there any decent pubs to watch the game around Footscray?

I go to most games so I’m not often in this situation...but whenever I am we always struggle to find somewhere decent that has a few Doggies fans in there. We used to go to Mona Castle which is now sadly not an option. I say ‘sadly’ but they did try to close on us at halftime last year.

Anyone tried Chips Loft? Maybe a bit twatty.

Or on the other end of the spectrum, The Braybrook Hotel?

The Station Hotel

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
BigFooty team selection 3 weeks ago: ""We can't win tomorrow with Ryan Gardiner in the team!!!!

BigFooty team selection today: ""We can't win tomorrow without Ryan Gardiner in the team!!!!
I’m worried for the bloke sitting behind me at the Eagles game who blamed every single goal on Gardiner even the one Caleb miskicked

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Weather update:
The drizzly rain has got heavier since sunrise and is going sideways....
Wind, low to moderate. Track is heavy. Footing is slippery.

Comment:
IF the weather stays like this during the game, ANYONE who can make on their hands is a star. Most likely we will see lots of chest marks. Players who normally fly for the mark, are better off just palming the ball down to crumbers. It’s great that we have included so many crumbers in the team.

Late changes:
Ins: As many Liberatore’s & West’s that we have on the list. Any player who played as a crumber for Williamstown or Footscray.
Outs: Softies who are use to indoor footy or hate body contact.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In this weather Lions have gone too tall imo. Absolutely no need to have Fullerton playing. Unless Big O withdraws late they have 7 talls across the park.

Really Daniher should be the backup ruck with Adams swinging forward to play KPF2.

If it's wet then Wood to Hipwood is the right move. His reach advantage will be totally negated and they way he will impact the game is by getting seperation from his defender, so the more athletic option makes sense.

Maybe Cordy or Lewis Young as injury sub ??

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m happy with the small backline, can send Timmy or Naughton there to clear out our forward line. I’d like Cordy or Young sub so if we lose a tall we’re not stretched, and if the games not playing out as expected and we need another tall we can bring them in.

if there’s a strong wind to one end I genuinely would leave naughty at that end all day, so good in the air and ground that he’s almost the perfect player for conditions like this. Putting him in the dangerous spot all day would be a win for us

Marbyriver

Debutant
Aug 15, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are there any decent pubs to watch the game around Footscray?

I go to most games so I’m not often in this situation...but whenever I am we always struggle to find somewhere decent that has a few Doggies fans in there. We used to go to Mona Castle which is now sadly not an option. I say ‘sadly’ but they did try to close on us at halftime last year.

Anyone tried Chips Loft? Maybe a bit twatty.

Or on the other end of the spectrum, The Braybrook Hotel?
The Vic hotel is the go.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Should be OK mate. There are gates either side of the ground and only 8k capacity today. Main thing will be having your tix ready and having the Services Vic app to scan QR code.

Al dente

All Australian
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think West or Cav should be in this forward line today though, no brainer, pretty disappointed.

for fu** sake what is Scott offering this side? He is such a nothing player
agree, i know its hard to drop guys in a winning team, but why wait till you lose to make enhancements, surely cavarra or west for Scott improves the side

Back