• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Roast:
- We're 2-0 this year when we win the clearances, and 0-2 when we don't. Sort it out.
- Match committee looks to have got it wrong again.

Toast:
- ???
- I thought Mansell looked alright. Probably deserves another game imo.

Changes:
- IN: Macca, CCJ and Ralphsmith.
- OUT: Martyn, Aarts and ??? (one of Ross, Pickett or Baker)
Would not surprise if Cotch misses(managed).

Also can those calling for CCJ to come in next week learn how to count? He's not eligible until Round 5

Out: Aarts, Martyn
In: McIntosh, Ralphsmith or Caddy
Missed 6 games last year and 4 games this year and next week is Round 5

docko911

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
On the performance of Martyn, not sure why Naish 39 disposals in VFL or RCD got a run instead. RCD surely a chance if he has a good run in VFL.

De Boy final stats;

17 frees paid.

14 to Port.

3 to Richmond.

Total Frees was 22-12, so that means the other 2 umpires paid the same number of frees between them as he did (17), and they paid them 8-9 (So 1 extra to Richmond, but basically even).

I'd say a 'please explain' would be required, but given he's been doing this s**t for years, the AFL clearly doesn't care.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
In all three of our recent Premierships we've been reamed by the umps all year then seems to have had a much fairer ride in the finals when the umps tend to put the whistle away and let them play hard.
It may have something to do with the better umpires making up most of the finals spots. They good umpires let the game go and only pay the obvious frees.

Hamsatma

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Not too disheartened by the loss, definitely better signs than last week and port are going to be thereabouts. Having said that, the next 3 games (saints, dees, dogs) become pretty big as we'd want to be winning 2 of those I reckon as I don't fancy having to travel to port/wc for a big final.

Bolton was immense, clearly our best so I'm a bit confused why he's only got 50% of the votes! Lynch also just needs to lift - I don't regret getting him at all, but when you're paying a key fwd 1.2 mill just 'making a contest' doesn't cut it, he needs to be taking big marks and kicking big goals. Not too worried about our debutants, given what they're saying about the speed and intensity of vfl the step up would have been enormous and they'll be better for it. I generally don't like dropping guys after one game and as no one's coming back they may get another run

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Exactly it's like he has lost the ability to play forward. I would drop him to the VFL for a couple of weeks.
Give him a run on the ball. He's perfect for giving Nank a chop out, changing the forward line dynamic during games making it harder to match up on us and getting him more involved in the game. Also free him from the shackles of having two or three defenders hanging off him at every contest.

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
Absolute cheating pricks! How was the non dropping the ball just before Gray marks it too (before his goal)?
View attachment 1098410
To think umpire 16 had a very clear view ...was only metres away

it’s either cheating or he is blind as a bat

whichever...he needs to be dropped

and apologise to us 😂

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
How many games have been decided by the umpires , scats twice, Sydney once, port once, hawks once, lions once that’s 6 too many

they have been deplorable.

As bad as our game was, i. find it more insane that the AFL AGREED with the Swans V Bombers call against Hickey in the final 40 seconds. Hickey catches the ball in the ruck, goes to hand ball, baulks, then takes 2 more steps before being locked up in a tackle - no holding the ball

The fact the AFL is agreeing with that call shows how much damage control they are in re umpiring atm - it was clearly another holding the ball call they got completely wrong at a key point of the game

So looking at it - where have all these massive injustices gone wrong

Lions V Cats @ the Cattery

Bombers v Swans @ Sydney

Power V Tigers @ the Bogan-Dome

Do ANY of us even remember their being this many bad umpiring games last year at all?

... me thinks that the AFL umpires are totally incapable of umpiring neutrally when they have the sound track of a biased home crowd to make up their minds

Tiger_4_Life

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought we were the better team overall, they had us covered in the second quarter but across the game we were better, they had leg ups with deboy doing everything for them barring pulling on a port Guernsey, they had fresh legs come on in the last quarter, home ground etc. Port don't worry me at all, dogs are the team to beat this year.

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I think I can speak on behalf of all Port fans when I say I have now found total peace with that prelim loss ♥♥

I remember when we lost of the Pies in 2018, it honestly took us winning the flag in 2019 to get over it. It took winning another one a year later to be able to even joke about it

Enjoy your 2 point, round 4 win, with an assist from DeBoey mate - If i were you would bet your house on you guys winning the flag based off that victory. Lock it in, champ:tearsofjoy:

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
just can't understand how obviously biased Curtis DeBoy is... same thing happened in a game for us last year and he didn't umpire us again all year... hopefully the same thing happens again
"Deboy was born in Adelaide, South Australia and attended Eynesbury Senior College. He grew up supporting Port Adelaide Football Club." - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back