Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

HENDERSON, Nev. – The Las Vegas Raiders have signed unrestricted free agent S Karl Joseph, the club announced Friday.

In his lone season with the Browns, the hard-hitting safety appeared in 14 contests and made eight starts. He posted the second-most tackles of his career (64), while also adding one interception, four passes defensed and a career-high two fumble recoveries.

Another 'what are they thinking' signing.

There's reasons we let Joseph walk into FA.

The biggest reason was his inability to stay healthy - talent wise they wanted to keep him.

Only three safeties this free agency period got multi year deals - John Johnson, Rayshawn Jenkins and Jordan Mills. We targeted Jenkins but he went over our price range. As for the rest who got 1 year deals, you can pretty much throw a blanket over them in terms of talent.

He's not going to stop them from drafting a safety early in the draft. Schematically hes a good fit as a cover 3 deep safety in Bradleys scheme. Not my favourite signing of the off season but he will be a solid stopgap.

The pass rush is more important than anything to making the secondary look good anyway.

Mock up. Not sure.

That is miles better than anything you have now imo. And I usually don't like people's designs that everyone else seems to faps over.

Nate Calabrese almost skipped right over the "driver wanted" ad on job-search website Indeed.com because it offered so few details.

Turned out the posting was for the Boring Co., the tunneling business owned by Elon Musk.

That's how Calabrese, 27, ended up driving people underneath the Las Vegas convention center on Friday in one of the first public peeks at the so-called “Loop” Musk has constructed there.

The company's first big commercial project was set for unveiling at Las Vegas’s glitzy annual Consumer Electronics Show this January, but the COVID-19 pandemic got in the way.

Now, it’s ready for its first big deployment at the World of Concrete event from June 8-10, city tourism officials said Friday.

The Loop ride itself is short, matching the tunnels -- just about 0.4 miles (0.64 km) long for each of the four sections, making a total of about 1.7 miles of tunnel. But they make up for their brevity in fun, with enough pulsing colored lights that the staff has nicknamed the slick track “Rainbow Road.”

Comprising of a fleet of modified Tesla sedans that loop -- as their name implies -- among three stops, the system can carry passengers at speeds up to 40 mph (64 kph).

The Las Vegas Convention Center Loop could one day tap into a broader network envisioned to connect more parts of of the city, including the Strip, and potentially, as far as the airport. Those plans are in the permitting and land-use approval stage, according to a spokesman for Clark County, Nevada, where much of the route would go.

HENDERSON, Nev. – The Las Vegas Raiders have signed unrestricted free agent S Karl Joseph, the club announced Friday.

In his lone season with the Browns, the hard-hitting safety appeared in 14 contests and made eight starts. He posted the second-most tackles of his career (64), while also adding one interception, four passes defensed and a career-high two fumble recoveries.

Raiders release Arden Key and Maurice Hurst....both still only 26. Theyll end up somewhere else and be coached properly, end up studs, as so often happens with Raiders drafted players. sh*t coaching staff.

Key was terrible, he's not going to do squat in this league. Should have been cut immediately after the Miami game last year.

Hurst could make something of himself but clearly there were a bunch of either guys that this coaching staff preferred. I would've liked to see what Hurst could have done under Bradley.

Key was terrible, he's not going to do squat in this league. Should have been cut immediately after the Miami game last year.

Hurst could make something of himself but clearly there were a bunch of either guys that this coaching staff preferred. I would've liked to see what Hurst could have done under Bradley.

Gus Bradley’s single-gap penetrating style of defense was more of a scheme fit for Hurst’s talents than the style of defense Paul Guenther had employed over Hurst’s first 3 seasons in the NFL. There are perhaps not many landing spots that could be more ideally suited for Hurst’s ability to get into the backfield with leverage and quickness.

Head Coach Jon Gruden is famous for souring on players who miss extended time due to injury. In Maurice Hurst’s case, availability wasn’t his best ability.

Hurst has much better stats than I expected. Should have at least be given a chance at training

The Raiders announced an addition to their secondary on Monday.

Cornerback Rasul Douglas is the new member of the club. He is the first outside addition of the offseason for a cornerback group that also includes Damon Arnette, Trayvon Mullen, Amik Robertson, Nevin Lawson, and Isaiah Johnson.

Douglas was a third-round pick by the Eagles in 2017 and took part in their Super Bowl LII win as a rookie. He remained with the team until being cut ahead of last season. The Panthers claimed Douglas and he started 11 of the 14 games he played in Carolina.

Douglas has 180 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, five interceptions, and 34 passes defensed over the course of his career.

Played about half outside and half in the slot. The new Joyner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — The Las Vegas Raiders are receiving some serious backlash after a tweet that was posted shortly after Derek Chauvin was convicted in the murder of George Floyd.

A tweet sent from the team's official account reading " I can breathe", along with today's date hasn't gone over too well with Twitter users.

Hundreds of users have flooded their feed with memes and urging them to delete the post.

Many believe the message is not going over as the team may have intended.

A variety of comments have been made including, "Delete this (expletive)! as well as "About to be a job opening on the Raiders social media department", and "The Oakland Raiders wouldn't have tweeted this."

So far, there has been no comment from the team about the tweet and it still remains live on their feed. The team has also pinned the tweet to the top of their page.

According to ESPN, Raiders' owner Mark Davis said the post was his idea and he "meant no disrespect" to Floyd's family. He went on to say he "took the lead" from Floyd's brother Philonise, who said, "Today, we are able to breathe again."

Via the Raiders official tweet was 'I can breathe'

HENDERSON, Nev. -- Las Vegas Raiders owner Mark Davis, reacting to widespread criticism of a tweet sent from the team's Twitter account after former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was convicted of murdering George Floyd, told ESPN on Tuesday night that the post was his idea, and he does not plan to delete it.

The tweet, sent late Tuesday afternoon, read: "I CAN BREATHE 4-20-21." Floyd told officers, "I can't breathe," more than 20 times before he was killed when Chauvin pressed his knee into the back of Floyd's neck for about nine minutes last May.

Davis told ESPN that he "meant no disrespect" to Floyd's family with the tweet, and that he "took the lead" from Floyd's brother, Philonise, who said following the verdict, "Today, we are able to breathe again."

"I felt that was a powerful statement," Davis said. "Today was a day where I can breathe, and we can all breathe again because justice was served. But we have a lot of work to do still on social justice and police brutality."

The tweet was widely condemned in replies on Twitter but remained pinned to the top of the team's account hours after being posted.

The Raiders announced an addition to their secondary on Monday.

Cornerback Rasul Douglas is the new member of the club. He is the first outside addition of the offseason for a cornerback group that also includes Damon Arnette, Trayvon Mullen, Amik Robertson, Nevin Lawson, and Isaiah Johnson.

Douglas was a third-round pick by the Eagles in 2017 and took part in their Super Bowl LII win as a rookie. He remained with the team until being cut ahead of last season. The Panthers claimed Douglas and he started 11 of the 14 games he played in Carolina.

Douglas has 180 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, five interceptions, and 34 passes defensed over the course of his career.

Played about half outside and half in the slot. The new Joyner?

Rasul started the season really well for us but then went to complete s**t in the second half of the season sadly.

One only needs to take a quiz look at what MD has done for the community to realise that this was an inadvertent foot in mouth moment rather than anything else.

It's largely getting slammed because "I can breathe" is the same quote on t shirts that NYPD cops wore in support of the cop who shot Eric Garner.

I admire MD for not deleting the tweet though. We live in a world of cancel culture and the woke crowd will do anything to remove things if it offends even a single person. Living in a world of snowflakes these days. The good intent was there, there really wasn't a need to look any further with it.

Shouldn't be surprised that the media reporter who pushed this and got most offended was Tashan Reed from The Athletic. Too often I see articles written by him that look like they should be on The Atlantic, not on a sports website.

My first thought was Mark was thinking how the country was holding its breath waiting for the result of the court case.

Which is exactly what he has clarified his statement was about.

Tashan has doubled down on yesterday's comments - coming across like a real hypocritical know it all today.

If you listen to Las Vegas Raiders general manager Mike Mayock — and that might not be the best idea this time of year — the team may not have as big of needs at right tackle and at free safety as it appears.

Asked about the positions in his pre-draft press conference Thursday, Mayock downplayed the needs at the positions (which look like Las Vegas’ most glaring needs from here). Instead, he pumped up a couple of players currently on the roster.

Mayock said he likes Jaryd Jones-Smith at right tackle and said he thought veteran Jeff Heath did a nice job at free safety when he played there in 2020

Jones-Smith has played three games. It is interesting that Mayock used him as his draft smokescreen rather than Brandon Parker, who has been in the program since being the No. 65 overall pick in the 2018 draft.

A natural pass-protector with good feet when kick-sliding, Jones - Smith performed well against NC State’s fearsome front-four (all of whom were drafted this weekend) particularly but was consistently solid throughout the season.

Built similarly to Houston’s left tackle Julie’n Davenport, Jones-Smith has equally freakish arm length and utilises his long limbs well to control rushers threatening him on the outside.

Pro Football Focus also gave him a 2019 preseason grade of 57.2 with the Dolphins, which isn’t spectacular, but it isn’t as if he’s a total liability either.

Plus, the 6-foot-7, 345-pound lineman has size on his side, and it’s not hard to see a slight comparison to another former 49ers lineman of huge stature, now Raiders tackle Trent Brown.

Like Brown, Jones-Smith isn’t particularly athletic and is more suited to pass protection than run support.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back