Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I love that we don't appear to be leaking like a sieve.

It's nice to read some 'behind the scenes' info about whats going on, but I assume there are others from rival clubs reading the same information which surely can't help in situations where we want to keep our cards close to our chest. Loose lips, etc.

Also, I'm kinda looking forward to the 'surprise' of a trade or two dropping that I didn't see coming...

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Regardless of which side of the fence one sits, it’s reasonably clear that the Richmond bloke failed to improve CFC trade performance; as he proclaimed he would. No one acting reasonably would conclude that the 2021 LM committee performed as well, let alone better, than SOS would likely have.

Just replace him; please.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Regardless of which side of the fence one sits, it’s reasonably clear that the Richmond bloke failed to improve CFC trade performance; as he proclaimed he would. No one acting reasonably would conclude that the 2021 LM committee performed as well, let alone better, than SOS would likely have.

Just replace him; please.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

:thumbsdown:

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I love it that we no longer appear to be leaking exclusive info to Bull’s Richmond supporting daughter. I guess the need to do so has since passed. Nothing ever stays the same.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I despise the modern use of the word 'melt'. It completely ignores argument or validity or soundness in favour of basic opposition. It's the entirety of internet culture in a single syllable; 'I'm going to ignore what you're saying in its entirety, because I disagree and want to lampoon your position.'

And I get that the internet is where we are, and not everyone has time to engage in a 4 part rebuttal of an opposing viewpoint. But no-one should have their posts or posting dismissed without at least an attempt at addressing what they're trying to say.

I despise the modern use of the word 'melt'. It completely ignores argument or validity or soundness in favour of basic opposition. It's the entirety of internet culture in a single syllable; 'I'm going to ignore what you're saying in its entirety, because I disagree and want to lampoon your position.'

And I get that the internet is where we are, and not everyone has time to engage in a 4 part rebuttal of an opposing viewpoint. But no-one should have their posts or posting dismissed without at least an attempt at addressing what they're trying to say.
Nice melt

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Let what's happened at Collingwood with Treloar and Stephenson be a lesson to all those who wanted Marc Murphy out, Gibbs not to be carried off the ground this year, who don't give a * about the fact that playing groups live in each other's pockets each season. This is what it looks like when a club does not care about cohesion. This is what it looks like when a playing list gets a clear impression of exactly how little their club cares about them as people.

Collingwood are ****ed, and are going nowhere next year or any year after while Bucks is coach. They shopped Stephenson around without telling him, and completely ****ed Treloar. Now, their playing list knows just how little they can trust the club concerning contract negotiations, playing list communication. They know they can't trust Bucks when he tells them they're needed or valued as players or people.

Things fall apart, and they have now. This is what happens when you forget you're dealing with people, and people need each other. This is appalling treatment by any standards. I have never been more happy that our club had Trigg and Bolts around than I am right now, as they knew both how to run a club professionally but how to inculcate standards whilst acknowledging the people within the club.

For without humans, what is a football club?

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Let what's happened at Collingwood with Treloar and Stephenson be a lesson to all those who wanted Marc Murphy out, Gibbs not to be carried off the ground this year, who don't give a fu** about the fact that playing groups live in each other's pockets each season. This is what it looks like when a club does not care about cohesion. This is what it looks like when a playing list gets a clear impression of exactly how little their club cares about them as people.

Collingwood are f’ed, and are going nowhere next year or any year after while Bucks is coach. They shopped Stephenson around without telling him, and completely f’ed Treloar. Now, their playing list knows just how little they can trust the club concerning contract negotiations, playing list communication. They know they can't trust Bucks when he tells them they're needed or valued as players or people.

Things fall apart, and they have now. This is what happens when you forget you're dealing with people, and people need each other. This is appalling treatment by any standards. I have never been more happy that our club had Trigg and Bolts around than I am right now, as they knew both how to run a club professionally but how to inculcate standards whilst acknowledging the people within the club.

...and don’t get into the habit of back-ending contracts!

Nov 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
The game is a disaster that resembles under 10/s football, the AFL culture is rotten to the core. It is over umpired and increasing the number of incompetent officials has had a detrimental effect. The players have turned into such primadonnas that your average 80's soccer player would cringe at the amount of staging, the sport will be close to dead in ten years with muppets like Gil and that turkey Hocking at the helm of the sinking ship. But the coaches and assistants are the biggest disgrace of all. There...I said it.

Last edited:
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The games is a disaster that resembles under 10/s football, the AFL culture is rotten to the core. It is over umpired and increasing the number of incompetent officials has had a detrimental effect. The players have turned into such primadonnas that your average 80's soccer player would cringe at the amount of staging, the sport will be close to dead in ten years with muppets like Gil and that turkey Hocking at the helm of the sinking ship. But the coaches and assistants are the biggest disgrace of all. There...I said it.
Getting into the spirit of the thread. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
Let what's happened at Collingwood with Treloar and Stephenson be a lesson to all those who wanted Marc Murphy out, Gibbs not to be carried off the ground this year, who don't give a fu** about the fact that playing groups live in each other's pockets each season. This is what it looks like when a club does not care about cohesion. This is what it looks like when a playing list gets a clear impression of exactly how little their club cares about them as people.

Collingwood are f’ed, and are going nowhere next year or any year after while Bucks is coach. They shopped Stephenson around without telling him, and completely f’ed Treloar. Now, their playing list knows just how little they can trust the club concerning contract negotiations, playing list communication. They know they can't trust Bucks when he tells them they're needed or valued as players or people.

I will always be greatful to Trigg, who's first action was to get our most famous & iconic Jumper back

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Umpires who - after a siren has gone - try to mediate a conversation between players irritate the s**t out of me.

The game's not currently happening. You've no power to force anything. They can - in essence - do anything, right in front of you, and you could do nothing. You cannot award a free kick or a fifty after a siren has sounded.

If a player lacks sufficient self control as to start something during the quarter time break, then let them get suspended for it. Don't be a hall monitor and police every little thing that isn't even inside your purview.

And the umps really need to start paying 50's when players b*tch at them about a free.
The problem with that is umps are human and tend to let the "stars" have more leeway. Danger would be able to bitch for ages while a guy like Liam Stocker would be called on it instantly.

I dont like the way umps talk to players- the umps job is to make a decision and get the game going ASAP.

Now that they are miked up we can actually hear all the repeated instructions and watch the players partially move to obey or not and then the repeated instructions - one instruction is more than enough and any failure to immediately comply - immediate 50 meters. A lot of teams are coached to ignore and wait always pushing the limits of tolerance which varies drom ump to ump.

For every silly ruling - there are 10 instructions that have to be repaeated like they are talking to naughty boys - immediate free thanks.

The umps are to some players littel runty fanboys who want to be their best mate - and all the player bitching and moaning and protesting it is a blight on the game - the only player a;llowed to speak to an ump in rugby codes is the Captain - too much familiarity and it has bred contempt.

Umpire 'gaming' is now part of the AFL DNA - what a load of rot.

I dont like the way umps talk to players- the umps job is to make a decision and get the game going ASAP.

Now that they are miked up we can actually hear all the repeated instructions and watch the players partially move to obey or not and then the repeated instructions - one instruction is more than enough and any failure to immediately comply - immediate 50 meters. A lot of teams are coached to ignore and wait always pushing the limits of tolerance which varies drom ump to ump.

For every silly ruling - there are 10 instructions that have to be repaeated like they are talking to naughty boys - immediate free thanks.

The umps are to some players littel runty fanboys who want to be their best mate - and all the player bitching and moaning and protesting it is a blight on the game - the only player a;llowed to speak to an ump in rugby codes is the Captain - too much familiarity and it has bred contempt.

Umpire 'gaming' is now part of the AFL DNA - what a load of rot.
Same with the nominating the ruck bullshit. Said it many times, just throw the bloody thing up and stop creating congestion. The fans know the ruck mans names, stop ******* introducing them at every stoppage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back