VFL VFL: Geelong Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else been to the VFL website recently?
What a hot mess that is.

The fixtures, teams, new look competition details, in fact anything related to the 2021 season is nearly impossible to find.
Just over a week out and it's still setup for 2020.
It's embarassing.
I know right

I was trying to find some 2019 stuff the other day, was able to find info for matches but suddenly Geelong only had 1 player in our VFL squad that year

Hopefully it gets fixed soon

No no no goradio.live are not doing the VFL this year that sucks.. The bloody club should do something for VFL fans
WHAT THE *

why not?

They were great!!!!!

GO Catters

Something to do with unpredictable of fixture vfl/wvfl and lack of safe suitable facilities and staff have other commitments
makes me very sad.

I dont have the option to get to the games clearly.

They were my only option for live coverage.

Sucks

GO Catters

Senior players named in our VFL squad for this weeks practice match;

Max Holmes and Charlie Constable, who both played in Geelong’s AFL win over Hawthorn on Easter Monday, are also in the squad.

• 9 – Max Holmes
  • 10 – Ben Jarvis
  • 11 – Josh Jenkins
  • 15 – Nathan Krueger
  • 17 – Esava Ratugolea
  • 16 – Sam De Koning
  • 19 – Quinton Narkle
  • 20 – Oscar Brownless
  • 21 – Nick Stevens
  • 22 – Gary Rohan
  • 28 – Darcy Fort
  • 33 – Shannon Neale
  • 35 – Patrick Dangerfield
  • 39 – Zach Guthrie
  • 41 – Cam Taheny
  • 43 – Stefan Okunbor
  • 45 – Bradley Close

Full article & squad:

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Senior players named in our VFL squad for this weeks practice match;

Max Holmes and Charlie Constable, who both played in Geelong’s AFL win over Hawthorn on Easter Monday, are also in the squad.

• 9 – Max Holmes
  • 10 – Ben Jarvis
  • 11 – Josh Jenkins
  • 15 – Nathan Krueger
  • 17 – Esava Ratugolea
  • 16 – Sam De Koning
  • 19 – Quinton Narkle
  • 20 – Oscar Brownless
  • 21 – Nick Stevens
  • 22 – Gary Rohan
  • 28 – Darcy Fort
  • 33 – Shannon Neale
  • 35 – Patrick Dangerfield
  • 39 – Zach Guthrie
  • 41 – Cam Taheny
  • 43 – Stefan Okunbor
  • 45 – Bradley Close

Full article & squad:

Reckon Holmes must have pulled up sore, because he definitely doesn't deserve to be omitted. Bit annoyed to also not see Dahl listed amongst the VFL squad either...guy has a golden ticket at the moment

Reckon Holmes must have pulled up sore, because he definitely doesn't deserve to be omitted. Bit annoyed to also not see Dahl listed amongst the VFL squad either...guy has a golden ticket at the moment

Or he's being managed and not playing at all this week...

But if he is lining up against the Demons I'm thinking it's more likely due to lack of genuine replacement options at the moment - we're already been forced to make 2 changes, if Holmes isn't in a position to back it up this week that makes 3 changes

It's not like we have a vast array of options waiting in the wings - as others return, it'll start putting serious pressure on his spot in the side

Hope Mitch Duncan is OK with Gary Rohan using his jumper for the day...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Do we know if Zuthrie and Close are playing?
With Constable playing it’s almost certain to be Close, Menegola and Zuthrie in as the sub

Just reading through the Geelong VFL Twitter feed...

Fort, Narkle, Danger and Constable the starting mids group at the first bounce. So it looks like Charlie is omitted, with Fort and Narkle not earning a promotion.

Other prominent names in the feed include Jenkins and Kreuger, with Jarvis also rating a mention. So clearly they are not in the mix for tomorrow.

Haven't seen Zuthrie or Close come up at all. Could both be possible inclusions or emergencies.

Got belted in the second quarter and found ourselves down by two goals at half-time.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Just reading through the Geelong VFL Twitter feed...

Fort, Narkle, Danger and Constable the starting mids group at the first bounce. So it looks like Charlie is omitted, with Fort and Narkle not earning a promotion.

Other prominent names in the feed include Jenkins and Kreuger, with Jarvis also rating a mention. So clearly they are not in the mix for tomorrow.

Haven't seen Zuthrie or Close come up at all. Could both be possible inclusions or emergencies.

Got belted in the second quarter and found ourselves down by two goals at half-time.
Thanks for the feedback....

Do we know if Zuthrie and Close are playing?
With Constable playing it’s almost certain to be Close, Menegola and Zuthrie in as the sub
Neither is playing. Sav and Narkle started but sat out the second half.

Neither is playing. Sav and Narkle started but sat out the second half.
Ratugolea I understand, but is there an injury concern with Narkle or can players be given half a VFL match and then play as medical sub

Yeah I’ve been following the vfl Twitter today
Pretty certain we know what the changes will be
And for the most part they're sensible changes

I would be keen to get a second tall/medium tall forward option into the side ahead of Cameron's return, but selections suggest the club doesn't believe they currently have the right options available

Ratugolea I understand, but is there an injury concern with Narkle or can players be given half a VFL match and then play as medical sub
I assume he'd be kept over in case there's a late withdrawal or injury in the warmup and Zuthrie has to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back