2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wonder if Schoenfield will have another
shot at AFL? But even with 43 touches there was nothing in them that particularly stood out but that’s an incredible amount of possessions.
Nah, he's just an endurance athlete who is not really a footballer - kind of like Sam Menegola.

Agree. I know all the South Fremantle nuffies will jump on me for saying it, but I think East Fremantle will be a good side this year. They were pretty close to making finals last year and seem to have recruited well:

Ex AFL players in Kommer, Snadden, Eardley, Boekhurst, Marsh, Strnadica, Tucker, Schoenfeld, Jansen, Dixon, O'Reilly, and English.

I also think Bill Monaghan is a pretty fair coach.

Nobody over the age of 30.

Come at me gaskin ;)

You only beat Peel. Just wait until Subi puts you back in your place next week. You Moss Street nuffies won't be chirping after that.

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
The Peel game is the only WAFL game not being streamed this week.

Booooooooooo (to the Freo admin for not streaming the games)
Every year I respond to the member survey and every year I always request for peel games to be streamed to no avail. Really need more members being vocal about this issue otherwise I can't see it happening....at least anytime soon.

Every year I respond to the member survey and every year I always request for peel games to be streamed to no avail. Really need more members being vocal about this issue otherwise I can't see it happening....at least anytime soon.

I think you overestimate the amount of members that care about Peel or the WAFL in general.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
I wonder if Schoenfield will have another
shot at AFL? But even with 43 touches there was nothing in them that particularly stood out but that’s an incredible amount of possessions.
He’s put on a fair amount of size too, looked a far better player than Blakely and bullied him a bit, let alone the smaller Peel mids

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Pretty sure Bennell was held off as well. He was certainly not rushed.

The dumb thing with Bennell was trying to return him to midfield when his body wasn’t up to it. Cyril Rioli was never up to it either - hamstrings were stuffed. Bennell could’ve been one of the best medium forwards in the league but instead we insisted on ruining him.
Yeah..... would of been interesting playing him on a forward flank or forward pocket.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
F27E3132-E86F-4829-B97B-9401B7642C28.jpeg

george2

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would expect Sturt and Henry to play, maybe Blakely held over as an emergency, would prefer the other two to get a game at Peel

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Valente with 7 disposals to 3QT.
2 kicks, 5 handballs and 1 tackle.
Not great stats in WAFL reserves level 🤔
Surely on limited minutes?

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Agree. I know all the South Fremantle nuffies will jump on me for saying it, but I think East Fremantle will be a good side this year. They were pretty close to making finals last year and seem to have recruited well:

Ex AFL players in Kommer, Snadden, Eardley, Boekhurst, Marsh, Strnadica, Tucker, Schoenfeld, Jansen, Dixon, O'Reilly, and English.

I also think Bill Monaghan is a pretty fair coach.

Nobody over the age of 30.

Come at me gaskin ;)

As one of those South Freo nuffies I agree with you Easts could be ok this year. My opinion formed over the years are that ex AFL players are sometimes more interested in topping up their retirement funds than putting in the hard work at WAFL level. If they all play to the best of their ability East will go close to finals.

Sorry to disagree regarding EF nearly making the finals last season as last weeks win was their first since round 2 in 2020.

Good luck today and please belt the living suitcase out of $ubi.

looks like kobe farmer's at swans now, he's had 14 touches and 3 goals in that game
At least as a Swans fan even when our league side is doing sh*t we can always rely on the colts being good. I know a few blokes who play for the Perth colts, they're usually better than this.
you'd bloody hope so

Back