Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

My take is the club do believe he is a genuine talent but there’s something that he isn’t doing and they want him to build that hunger to take that next step. This is the way to do it. It’s interesting to note what Richmond believe to be “Richmond players” Does Riley fit that bracket right now? Can he run both ways all game? He’s an exceptional athlete but not a heavy endurance athlete as it stands. There’s just parts missing with him that I don’t think Richmond are prepared to sacrifice but very much believe in. He’s got plenty of time. He’s only 21 guys.
* he is 21 ? never heard of a first round mid not making their debut by that age

he should’ve been playing by now imo.

He’s a first round pick not a project player, the way some of you are making excuses for him is drawing a pretty long bow tbh
The reason he slid in his draft year was that he was always going to take a few years to develop, but has potentially enormous upside. Not that I'm saying that our football department and recruiters know more than you.

With all due respect the ceiling for RCD is much higher then Ross considering the attributes. Ross is a workhorse type of kid. RCD can break a game open as was evident in the 2019 VFL Grand Final.

Let's see him get a game before we rank his potential above Ross.

It's actually a great thing to be called a workhorse. It means you know where to run to the find ball, have to the tank to run out games and know how to consistently win the footy. Something RCD can't do.

The reason he slid in his draft year was that he was always going to take a few years to develop, but has potentially enormous upside. Not that I'm saying that our football department and recruiters know more than you.

quite right, how dare one question why a 1st round draft pick can’t get a game after 3 preseasons

I look at the 2018 draft and almost all picked before RCD are looking like good players and pretty much no-one after RCD has done much...until you get to Jack Ross at pick 43?
I don’t watch much footy though.

Would like to hear about him dominating VFL games often rather than one flashy game in a VFL GF.

With all due respect the ceiling for RCD is much higher then Ross considering the attributes. Ross is a workhorse type of kid. RCD can break a game open as was evident in the 2019 VFL Grand Final.
Its all good mate.Everyone can have a different opinion/pov.
RCD is becoming like Mason Cox.One game everyone refers too.
Granted RCD's season was robbed because of covid.But still he wasn't on his pat malone there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martyn is a gut runner, was top 10 in his draft year for that sort of running. So he moves over the ground well at the lower level, we saw how that translated for a first gamer last night about 10 degrees faster. Collier Dawkins is more coal face, which might have translated better against Port when you consider the narrow ground and Ports big mids. Reckon the match committee might have gotten that one wrong, in hindsight.

Clearly not working hard enough.
3 pre seasons at an AFL club and still can't cover the ground. That's worrying.

You don't need to be built like tank to win the hard ball at the elite level.
Exhibit A and B in Bolton and Baker.

Only reason why Bolton wasnt getting more games early was because of his tank and not his size. Bolton has clearly fixed this deficiency in his game.
Why cant RCD?
If after 3 Pre Season he still can't run he won't make it.

Clearly not working hard enough.
3 pre seasons at an AFL club and still can't cover the ground. That's worrying.

You don't need to be built like tank to win the hard ball at the elite level.
Exhibit A and B in Bolton and Baker.

Only reason why Bolton wasnt getting more games early was because of his tank and not his size. Bolton has clearly fixed this deficiency in his game.
Why cant RCD?
If after 3 Pre Season he still can't run he won't make it.

One thing to consider is there may be a big difference between “can’t cover the ground” and “player x covers the ground better than you,” with player x being someone whose strength is covering ground.

He went pick #20.
Pick #21 hasn't played a game.
Pick #23 hasn''t played a game.
Dont forget pick #19 Liam Stocker who SOS jumped in front of Richmond to select

Think we are getting impatient due to wanting to see him play. Kid was given a 2 year extension without making his debut
Coaches must rate him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back