Autopsy Lions get Naught in English Test - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Treloar and Dunkley are obviously tight, but Treloar just said Dunkley does more unrewarded hard stuff than anyone he has ever played with. That's a comment to respect.

Wow that's a big statement.
I love how this group has a great vibe
And how they show respect and appreciation to the opposition too, great ambassadors for the game ... this is the stuff that will make the club more than solid into the future :thumbsu: (and winning in exciting ways)

Vanders gets another go he was good in the preseason and round 1 from memory , plus he has so much impact on the game defensively. Scott and McNeil are on a whole different level of offering nothing compared to Vanders.

Mcneil I can at least see it with, surely no one is still defending Scott’s inclusion, he has no role and no impact on the game. You can say he’s playing a very important defensive sweeper role but is he? Today’s he’s played wing he’s played deep forward hes played half forward and has no impact anywhere and no real standout traits compared to your local VFL footballer.

Bruce played another good one with English and Naughts.

Scott snd McNeil just not up to it. McNeil does some nice things but then butchers it while Scott is not in the top 32 players so just amazes me how he gets a game.

Latham also very lucky to keep his spot. He was terrible. Poor Lippa get drops for games that a far more effective than the other 3. He needs to get his hands on the photos

32 goals between Bruce, Naughton and English this season so far not bad for a bad forward line
That's good, but remember 15 of them were against North.

I do like the consistency. Each of the three has kicked goals every match and. Naughton has kicked multiples every match.

I thought Naughty was close to our best on, he was so close to being dominant. Should have kicked 6 but I’ll let him off due to the conditions. One of the best CHFs in the game right now. His follow up at ground level and pressure he provides in shutting down the oppo coming out of defence is absolutely elite for someone his size

Seen enough to call Bailey Dale a revelation down back. He’s fantastic.

Love JJs role forward of the ball. He adds that little bit of speed and skills that compliments our tough midfield perfectly and he did the non negotiables well all day

Bevo makes me so nervous.

It’s taken him 7 years to realise having a genuine ruckman is good for an elite midfield

I've been known to question some of Bevo's tactics but I just think this "Bevo doesn't rate rucks" idea is incorrect.

We have been trying to get another ruckman for the last few years. It seems to me he played English solo last year because he had nobody he thought could do any better - and he felt he would be better off with another mid-sized player rather than a non-performing slow big man.

I'm pretty sure we had two rucks in 2016 as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been known to question some of Bevo's tactics but I just think this "Bevo doesn't rate rucks" idea is incorrect.

We have been trying to get another ruckman for the last few years. It seems to me he played English solo last year because he had nobody he thought could do any better - and he felt he would be better off with another mid-sized player rather than a non-performing slow big man.

I'm pretty sure we had two rucks in 2016 as well.
I thought Stef Martin said in his radio interview that the Dogs had been trying to pry him out of Brisbane for the last 2-3 years. I think we can accept that we (the club) knew it was an area of concern some time ago...but they couldn't land their man...till this year. Timing is everything though and this is probably the best year for him (Martin) to arrive. Timmy has been to the school of hard knocks over the last couple of years but I suspect the pay off is this year and beyond.

Bevo makes me so nervous.

It’s taken him 7 years to realise having a genuine ruckman is good for an elite midfield

We unearth a star in Young who wouldn’t have been given a chance if gardner didn’t get injured

He continues to play two kids who Just aren’t up to it while cavarra and west can’t get a look in
Bevo obviously does do so much good for us and is perfect in nearly every way but yeah these little mind boggling things like what you’ve mentioned is just sooo frustrating. How are these things so hard for him to see but sooooooo obvious to so many of us?

Everyone’s so surprised at Young’s game today. I’m not, not at all. He’s always shown so much more potential than Gardner, and the last footy he played in the side in 2019 was good. Imagine we had the 10+ games we’ve put into Gardner the past year into developing a player like Young.

I thought Naughty was close to our best on, he was so close to being dominant. Should have kicked 6 but I’ll let him off due to the conditions. One of the best CHFs in the game right now. His follow up at ground level and pressure he provides in shutting down the oppo coming out of defence is absolutely elite for someone his size
Naughty's a beast! underrated this season so far

Young was amazing. Miles better then Gardner, so bevvy should stop playing stupid games..

English BOG

Stupid umpiring decisions yet again. The 50m penalty against Vandermeer, and the one where Libbas holding the ball free was turned around (Absolutely ridiculous)

Good hard fought win. Great team effort

McNeil and Scott are on thin ice. They just don't offer enough.. I'd bring in West..

I’m eating my words on Dunks, so important to us. Probably just hindered my view on him because of how ******* sh*t his role was last year. Keep playing him there and he’s as good as any of our mids

And Essendon reckons they'll be getting him for cheaper this season :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I laughed so hard when I was watching the post game that my upper and lower dentures flew out of my mouth and startled the cat snoozing at my feet.

Libbas antics immediately brought to mind my favourite scene from the departed.

My initial issue with Lewy was that I thought he lacked leg speed.

Then he ran down Zac Bailey today and that act changed my mind.

Certainly is a more composed marker of the football than Gardiner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back