2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 2 @ Alberton

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Terrific second half performance that I didn’t see coming at HT. Off the back of a colossal game from Hayes, with major contributions from Woodcock, Schofield, Surman, Lienert, McKenzie, Frederick, Garner and Mead.

I love what Lord is already showing.

Good last quarters from Burgoyne and Bergman to top it off.

Garner back in form which is great too

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Cant believe the turnaround in that last half.

Seriously that's gone from just a battler team, struggling to match Centrals class in the 1st half. To a side in the 2nd half that was completely dominant in every aspect.

How many Magpies teams have ever held a side to 1 point in an entire half of footy!!!!

Fantastic.

Well done boys, the kids deserve this. Reward for effort. Hopefully this helps give them some confidence and we only improve from here. Get the feeling the Dogs may be a bottom 2 side, so the result might not be huge, but that reward for these guys is a massive jolt to our chances and competitiveness going forward.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We can't play last year's defensive tactics this year. As soon as we realised that (well coached) we stopped chasing tail and brought our ball users into the game. That allowed McKenzie and Lienert in particular to position themselves for a mark rather than having to run to guard space.

Best noise and crowd involvement at Alberton for a long time.

Players hit in hard, really hard particularily in the last part of the last quarter, chasing without the ball was sensational.

Big step up for Hayes to AFL fitness and running wise but I reckon his craft and intensity is there.

Well done lads.

Surman noticed had a few taps.
Did he look like he could do a job there if required?
He can pinch hit, as can Edwards. But I'd hope Ladhams is the one rucking the majority of the time here next week.

Back