2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Bergman's hands were so clean in the last quarter. Some really nice contested grabs, pushed hard back and forward and capped it off with a dagger goal. Hardly saw him before then but he looked a class above in the last.

Hayes was huge. Won hit outs at will, picked the ball up off the deck and cleared it. Not afraid to give it a roost and has a decent kick for a big bloke. Clunked some big marks and iron gloved a couple but was clearly the dominant big man on the ground. The best man on the ground. I wasn't convinced he could play alongside Lycett, both being first rucks, but his ground work whilst a little awkward looking was good.

Luke The Preacher Surman was an imposing forward target and Ollie Lord competed superbly. He looks like he will play a little bit angry which is great in a big key forward.

At distance Mead Schofield Woodcock turned into one player for me so the three headed hydra was an awesome player around the ball.

Surman probably the non AFL player that people will keep half an eye on being a key forward?

What are the rules there re picking him up?
Someone wants him do we get the option of putting him on our list should we feel inclined?

How'd Hayes go today mate and do you reckon he could come into the AFL side soon mate?
Very good just gave him a big tick in his thread and said we should debut him in 2 weeks against the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surman probably the non AFL player that people will keep half an eye on being a key forward?

Someone wants him do we get the option of putting him on our list should we feel inclined?
Given the SANFL trying to screw us over with AFL players, I hope the club goes out and gets the best SANFL player available. Screw the SANFL and the team we take him from.

Got as far as the Adelaide train station..... Outer Harbour line closed. Got the next train home..... duck duck duck. Should've jumped in the car :(

No.

But I don't think its going to be a problem. I can't see anyone being interested in him in his condition

Just watched the second half. Schofield had a ripper half of footy. Bergman was great when the game was on the line. Hayes....star. Woodcock in everything. Good to see

Sammy Hayes happened.
True.
First half from Port was as diabolical as could possibly be imagined. Lienert aside, we were appalling.

Second half McKenzie and Garner tightened up in the defensive sector, and we strangled them, and Hayes went from a disinterested bozo to an unstoppable dominant force in the blink of an eye. Marked, cleared, booted the ball long, and won nearly every tap - after hardly touching the leather in he first half!!!!

Maybe Lokan ripped into some players during the break?
Whatever occurred, we were completely transformed. Could have won by ten goals if we kicked strai........ oh wait, this is Port we are talking about, isn't it. Silly me.

Had to keep referring to the (massive 6 page) SANFL Budget to discover the names of the Centrals players!

Off topic, but my son noticed that the references to John Cahill wing, Evans and Hodges ends, etc appear to have been removed. Due to the redevelopment (that won't proceed due to legal action), or just coincidence?

Impressive second half, the passion of the players was something to take note of, not just those on the field, those above on the balcony...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back