Preview Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does "Sweet" actually mean? Does that mean Fyfe is in so you're happy that Freo have a better chance of beating the Hawks? Does it mean you're happy because your tip reasoning holds and now you don't need to make the effort of switching your tip? Taxing stuff, I know, using your thumb to tap the screen of the iPhone.

Honestly, you've got an unhealthy relationship with the concept of support. Instead of celebrating ways for the Hawks to do better, you obsessively dwell on all the reasons they can't. You give every benefit to the opposition and none to your own team. Imagine going to your partner with a similar line... "She's probably working hard to lose weight, honey. You, on the other hand, can't seem to stop packing it in your gob." I think that example is pretty clear that your partner isn't supported in the least.

(My secret guess is that 'Sweet' means you've got another excuse to tell everyone here why you think the Hawks suck. Suck so bad you got to keep your tip against them.)

Better off playing sides with their best players in tbh, helps with the development of our kids when they have to come up against the best the opposition has to offer.

I think we should beat Freo regardless of Fyfe playing. Hopefully a solid 20 point win.

We just need to be more attacking though.

It'll be interesting mate, Freo were diabolical last week vs Carlton.

We've only got a 1 game sample size of them in Perth, it was a win but only against GWS.

It is a bit of a flip of the coin IMO.

“Maybe that 22yr old who’s in best each week at Box Hill deserves another chance”.

I’m glad none of you lot are anywhere near our list or match committee decisions. 😂

Maybe Conor needs to change his last name to Brereton ...or Maginness?

Agree he has only played 22 games. His main attribute is he has some serious speed.

From what I have watched the issue is, he runs to the wrong spots as a forward, gets in the way of others and is clumsy with ball in hand.

He is basically a small forward and hopefully can use his speed to get on the end of a couple out the back.

He is learning how to play the game and we can all see that.

For me he needs a full season under Sam Mitchell before he is thrown to the wolves again.

I love the confidence/ optimism on here. I recall a game in the wet where they kept us to 4 goals for the match over there not long ago.

Taberner, Cerra, Brayshaw Fyfe absolutely slaughtered us and we had no answers.

Tough loss to the cats and a short break, travel to Perth..... this would be an enormous effort if we could stay close.

I love the confidence/ optimism on here. I recall a game in the wet where they kept us to 4 goals for the match over there not long ago.

Tough loss to the cats and a short break, travel to Perth..... this would be an enormous effort if we could stay close.

s**t man don't say things like that, people will question if you're actually a supporter or not.

But yes I remember that game it was last season whilst we were in a WA hub.

Better off playing sides with their best players in tbh, helps with the development of our kids when they have to come up against the best the opposition has to offer.
So nothing to do with tipping Freo? You just happened to mention that? 😂

Mundy killed us.

Darcy had a big first quarter from memory.

sh*t man don't say things like that, people will question if you're actually a supporter or not.

But yes I remember that game it was last season whilst we were in a WA hub.
Can’t see a difference between thinking we might lose versus actively celebrating that we possibly will 🤣

So nothing to do with tipping Freo? You just happened to mention that? 😂

I'd have changed my tip if Fyfe was out so that was genuine, I think it'll be close run thing. I do think it's better for us to come up against the best the opposition can offer for our development though. If we do happen to win tomorrow, it'll be a lot sweeter doing it with Fyfe on the field.

“Sweet”

All that was is in response for the information. Maybe I should have used the word " thanks" instead to appease the folk on here.

My bad that it was misconstrued, why would I want us to lose a game in round 4 ? LOL. I'm hoping our effort that has been rather good the last fortnight is rewarded with a win sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. This will be another challenging match for our young side. They will be desperate to atone for last week, and playing at home.

Keen for the boys to start well and try and be there at the end. If we give away a big lead AGAIN, I fear it will be tough to close the gap over there.

I’m from cyclone country. Often, but not always, it’s quite pleasant ahead of the storm as all the moisture kind of gets drawn into the system (apparently, I’m also not a weatherman).
Having lost my home and every thing I owned in cyclone Yasi, (we were in the house, so it was a fun night) and having grown up in Tonga, I have a fair degree of experience in cyclones. and typically, anything north of the cyclone on the east coast is dry and anything south of the cyclone on the west coast is dry.

1618037075611.png

Of course on the west coast, the spiral is in the same direction (same hemisphere), but the ocean is on the other side of the picture.
This is a photo of cyclone Ului.

You can see how broken up the cloud is to the north of the cyclone, mostly sunny.

So yeah, 20yr old player does not light world on fire in forward pocket, and people are hanging onto that.
Not that he didn't set the world on fire, more that he honestly looked like he had no idea at all of the concept of how to play Aussie Rules (which is not surprising given his Rugby backround)

I still don't understand what the club was trying to do by rushing his development like that, it didn't do Connor any favours.

I think we should beat Freo regardless of Fyfe playing. Hopefully a solid 20 point win.

We just need to be more attacking though.

I hope so I think we can! I Will take the 2-2 with melb,crows,saints to come.
The young teams do play differently away from home drop there heads quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back