Autopsy Lions get Naught in English Test - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We may not have a sponsor on the back of our jumper, but thank fu** we're not giving advertising space to parasites like Neds that was all over the field today
Dunno what Neds are but if we win a flag maybe they should put a statue of the Pies Ned at WO
1618044547080.png

Read that Dunkley has had 9 smothers so far this season, the most a player has ever had after the first 4 rounds. Wow.
Dunkley is the first player ever to have recorded 10 smothers in every one of the first four games in a season.

EDIT: This is incorrect - he is the first to ever record 10 tackles in total over the first four games of a season. Apologies.

Last edited:
Very happy to win again and be 4 zip.:openmouth::)

Was at the game, but I'll have to sit down and watch the replay to really see what happened - was standing on south west side & I reakon we saw 5 mins of footy max close up. From where we were, Naughton, English, Smith (faded a bit in the middle), Dale were most noticeables.

My personal opinion we are a Lewy Young doing a Bailey Williiams and a Ben or Cody W coming in from being the faves

My personal opinion we are a Lewy Young doing a Bailey Williiams and a Ben or Cody W coming in from being the faves
Weightman been playing a lot of midfield, I wonder if that’s to fast track his tank to get him into the side. His defensive pressure is elite and he’s got tricks around goals. Probably not the silkiest/cleanest player but I think he could do some good things in this forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve always thought he’s pretty quick but I think he’s lumbered a bit around the field in the past, whether that’s intensity or maybe poor fitness base? He looks much more developed in the arms and the core this year too so hopefully doesn’t get out bodied as much. Didn’t get outbodied once from memory today though but there’s tougher challenges out their than Hipwood. He doesn’t have to stand the likes of Hawkins though.

Keath is seriously impressive. Maybe in the right set up Keath could be a brilliant interceptor but I love him on the biggest forwards playing our version of full back. He’s becoming very very dependable.

I think Young taking a few marks and controlling the air is going to allow Keath the freedom to back himself a bit more too whereas with Gardners serious lack of nous in the aerial contest (except for when he can use his athleticism to just come over the top and spoil, but it’s not a natural ability to read the play very well, it’s a bit manufactured for Gards) he really was locked into becoming a bit of a dour stopper himself. Both of them going well and Woody also coming back strong it’s looking much better down back with almost our best aerial player to come back in Croz. I wonder what the right mix is with all of them?

My biggest concern with Young is I’m seriously concerned when he has ball in hand. But just has to play within his limitations and we can deal with that.
I reckon the only knock on Lewis Young is his Paul Roos style helicopter punts.

Given that AFL players spend so much of their life running around on grass it's astonishing how little they know about it. Most players know hardly anything about botany/plant physiology.
I reckon that it's often overlooked how important grass is to our great game. We should have a grass round to celebrate it and pay our respects.

Given that AFL players spend so much of their life running around on grass it's astonishing how little they know about it. Most players know hardly anything about botany/plant physiology.
I see you are quite familiar with the grass. How high are you?

A small forward would be licking there lips in the form Bruce, Timmy and Naughts are in I am shocked Bevo cant see it.
Alternatively, Bevo can see it but realises that we need a number of players with AFL match experience in case of injuries later in the year. What better time to get match experience into our second and third tier players than early in the year, when we are winning?

Our tall forwards are playing sensational. Surely Bevo can see that Ben Cavarra would be a perfect mix for this team. I reckon we can win the flag if we lock down the Young/Gardner position and the small forward. A small forward would be licking there lips in the form Bruce, Timmy and Naughts are in I am shocked Bevo cant see it.

Naughton gave Andrews a bath. Can we stop with the Naughto to CHB now this bloke can win us a premiership at CHF
Ok, I concede. He is looking scary in the role up forward now - and he is still a novice at it. Shhh -

I reckon that it's often overlooked how important grass is to our great game. We should have a grass round to celebrate it and pay our respects.

1618047622721.png

Saints were on grass last week. This week, well, there is a myriad of options....

The weird part about Young is that it’s not like his talent has been hidden. He took a swag of intercept marks and a solid specy in his first game.

There’s obviously something he doesn’t do that Bevo wants. I’ve always suspected it was a lack of intensity, but maybe he’s addressed it.

In any event, I suspect a few guys currently on the outer will get a run. I wouldn’t want to see West, Cordy, Young and Wallis out too long. Probably doesn’t hurt to keep them hungry.

English has been terrific as a ruck-forward really. Heard that, contrary to popular opinion, Bevo hated getting flogged in the hitouts last year but just didn’t have much faith in the reserve stock. Martin is a great fit for us.

Great win
Took the the foot off slightly
Some good contested and intercept marking
Looking forward to next one
Go Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back