Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sun Apr 11 @ MCG 3:20 pm - Rd 4, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not melodramatic it’s justified. And has nothing to do with if he’s the 22nd best player on the ground. It’s about the fact he shows absolutely nothing, even negative, every time he plays yet we constantly waste a space in the team on him.

People “melt” because we would rather see the spot given to someone who might actually have upside and haven’t had a chance yet, ie: Krueger, Narkle (had chances and been better than Guthrie, SDK etc, hell I’d honestly rather have a look at Oscar Brownless.
Bingo.

I'm not sure why people would pay to go watch that s**t style we serve up.

At least play someone who has potential to make the grade. Zac is just dirt you use to fill up a hole in the ground.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
I said it on last weeks game day thread, if they thought last week was boring and defensive don’t watch us against melbourne
W

I’ll give you Fort and Narkle

Kreugar is another defender who everyone is complaining about and laughable keeps getting mentioned

Constable couldn’t run out a game of dodgeball, Holmes didn’t pull up good

Narkle is the main one, he needs to play over Zuthrie
Kreuger is a natural forward, were only playing him as defence as they trying to fit him..
Zuthrie over all of alot of other players is a joke...

Always a melt on team announcements , you know that Zuthrie gets picked because of his flexiblity

just ******* deal with it
He can do yoga, who gives a s**t.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Mate this argument has been made over and over again.
Krueger was overlooked in his draft year. We then gave up pick 40 for him with a preselected pick by Carlton.
Kicks 14 goals in 12 games
If he gets given a game I’d be here arguing the same thing your arguing with Zuthrie about
Gifted Games, when a coach or a write up says Krueger is impressing and pushing for selection I’ll back him in.
He’s had so many chances to be brought in and haven’t even got close
Even again not even listed as an emergency
AGAIN
You will the only one who would think that...
The reason his been overlooked is as Chris Scott continues playes favourites of players instead of trying new options... you would be in the minority in what you are saying...

Always a melt on team announcements , you know that Zuthrie gets picked because of his flexiblity

Truly baffling stuff, I fully expect Zach will do very little, as CE said he usually comes in when we have some out. The nature of being fringe.
Doubt he stays in for long.
Had tickets for tomorrow, then seen we dropped Holmes for another defensive plodder and gave them up.

Melbourne by plenty.
Intended as a point about a whipping boy's selection. Instead comes across as being a fair weather sailor.

As many have said, Holmes was cooked last week. 6 day break. He’s 18. A kid. I’d be surprised if he’s even the medical sub. My suspicion is that Narkle will play as the sub. Holmes will have a weeks recovery and come back through the VFL.
Yeah, If Narkle wasn't coming in then you'd expect he'd have played a full game today.

Truly baffling stuff, I fully expect Zach will do very little, as CE said he usually comes in when we have some out. The nature of being fringe.
Doubt he stays in for long.

Intended as a point about a whipping boy's selection. Instead comes across as being a fair weather sailor.
Couldn't care less what you think if I'm being honest.

I am however true to my word and won't buy another membership until Scott has gone. So take that for what you will.

PS: I have more years of membership than you've had life.

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

Will he even get a touch in the first quarter? He hasn’t the last 2 games he has played. May as well put a witches hat out there, it would be as useful.

If you took a shot every time zuth had a touch in the first half you would be stone cold sober during the break.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
If we look a game further and get through this without further injury.
We get back Danger and Rohan.
With the possibility of Cameron playing

To me that means, Zuthrie, Dal and most likely Henry out

I can Bare with it for one week
I know you wished me a good night. But before you say go to sleep. In a way I'd rather Henry play Rohan position... as he would be more consistent then Rohan

Couldn't care less what you think if I'm being honest.

I am however true to my word and won't buy another membership until Scott has gone. So take that for what you will.

PS: I have more years of membership than you've had life.
Fair enough, your money. Spend it how you wish.
Thought Ayres would have been the cats coach to cause a boycott.

Have a good night.

Sorry, but dropping Holmes after one game for the ever-disappointing Zac Guthrie is a sick joke. Pathetic even.

If he was omitted or dropped based on last weeks performance he would have been playing VFL today, just as we saw with Constable who was omitted

More than likely that Holmes being managed this week after struggling to run out last week and will be named as sub - no point running the kid into the ground just 2 weeks into his senior career

It just makes no goddamn sense.

It’s nonsensical!
What is?

Omitting an under performing player in Constable, managing the workload of a debutant in Holmes and then 2 players missing thru injury that we really can't help

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I know you wished me a good night. But before you say go to sleep. In a way I'd rather Henry play Rohan position... as he would be more consistent then Rohan
Though I somewhat agree and I’m a big Henry fan, Rohan’s speed and possibilities of kicking goals gets him a game.
Plus I think most might also agree that out of all our players, he makes a pack earn it the most and brings the ball to ground

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Though I somewhat agree and I’m a big Henry fan, Rohan’s speed and possibilities of kicking goals gets him a game.
Plus I think most might also agree that out of all our players, he makes a pack earn it the most and brings the ball to ground
His to hot and cold for me.... more cold than hot... as in big games his never seen...

On another note.. the guy who was athe club and passed away a few weeks back.. at the funeral Rohan sat by himself, where all the players sat all together.. My mate was at the funeral and told me...
Condolences to the person as well.

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

Flexibility for what though? Apparently he can play everywhere on the ground, but the simple fact is he's yet to prove he can play anywhere. Round 1 last year they had him starting on the wing and he got his first touch halfway through the third quarter. He's just another boring defensive stopper who isn't even adept at that. It's a crap selection.

Johanpetro

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2008
Apollo Bay
AFL Club
Geelong
Fringe player gets picked due to injuries...board melts

never change
Fringe player gets picked and 2 young players who have actually shown promise get dropped*

Fixed that for you. Jesus, the club could honestly drop Hawkins and make Josh Jenkins captain and some people here still wouldn’t question the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back