Autopsy Lions get Naught in English Test - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae really does love playing at Eureka, I really don't know why he doesn't take more shots his accuracy is not that bad.

Young looked solid, the best he's ever looked actually. 5 marks all intercepts, 2 frees for and even moved up the ground for 3 inside 50s. He finished with 80 ranking points which is excellent for a KPP.

Having Treloar and Macrae at most centre bounces has been a godsend, while Libba has the clearances kicks Macrae and Treloar are almost unstoppable by hand.

Bont was alright but I didn't think he was that influential but somehow The Age gave him votes. Daniel and Vandermeer have had 3 very poor weeks which is a worry.

Dale has been excellent down back and actually had the better of Williams today.

Now as always here are some of the rarer stats…

Expected Score
WB: 84
BL: 52

Centre Bounce Attendance
19 - Macrae
18 - Martin
15 - Treloar
13 - Bontempelli
11 - Liberatore
9 - Dunkley
4 - English

Ruck Contests (Hitouts/To Advantage)
65 - Martin (30/6)
27 - English (8/4)
7 - Keath (2/0)

Hitouts To Advantage

WB: 10
BL: 12

First Possessions
WB: 47
BL: 39

Clearances/Effective Clearances
WB: 40/32
BL: 44/38

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 74%
BL: 57%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 11
BL: 10

Score Launches
3 - Bontempelli, Macrae
2 - English, Martin, Wood, Young
1 - Bruce, Daniel, Dunkley, Hunter, Liberatore, Naughton, Smith, Treloar, Williams

Shots At Goal
WB: 26 (38%)

BL: 15 (53%)

Targets Inside 50
14 - Naughton
11 - Bruce, English
3 - Scott
1 - Bontempelli, Dunkley, Duryea, Keath, Martin, Vandermeer

Unforced Turnovers
BL: 16

No Pressure Errors
WB: 4
BL: 8

Turnovers Punished By Goals + Scores From Free Kicks/50MP
1 - English, Liberatore, McNeil, Vandermeer, Williams, Young

Pressure Gauge
WB: 194 (Above Average)
BL: 190 (Above Average)

Free Kick Summary
Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 6.57.25 pm.png

Score Sources
Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 6.57.43 pm.png

Last edited:
Treloar was great again. His pace on the inside is so so good, suits us so well. Genuine goal scoring threat too which is nice
He’s building form which is great. Our talls are starting to form some cohesion in the forward line to. We need some tenacious smalls that will lock the ball in or crumb goals off of packs. The work rate of our talls today was massive, imagining that with the ball been constantly locked in would be the dream. Damn shame Clay Smith had to end up retiring because a player like him would be so handy in that forward line.

Macrae really does love playing at Eureka, I really don't know why he doesn't take more shots his accuracy is not that bad.

Young looked solid, the best he's ever looked actually. 5 marks all intercepts, 2 frees for and even moved up the ground for 3 inside 50s. He finished with 80 ranking points which is excellent for a KPP.

Having Treloar and Macrae at most centre bounces has been a godsend, while Libba has the clearances kicks Macrae and Treloar are almost unstoppable by hand.

Bont was alright but I didn't think he was that influential but somehow The Age gave him votes. Daniel and Vandermeer have had 3 very poor weeks which is a worry.

Dale has been excellent down back and actually had the better of Williams today.

Expected Score

Centre Bounce Attendance
19 - Macrae
18 - Martin
15 - Treloar
13 - Bontempelli
11 - Liberatore
9 - Dunkley
4 - English

65 - Martin (30/6)
27 - English (8/4)
7 - Keath (2/0)

Hitouts To Advantage

First Possessions

Tackle Efficiency

Score Launches
3 - Bontempelli, Macrae
1 - Bruce, Daniel, Dunkley, Hunter, Liberatore, Naughton, Smith, Treloar, Williams

Shots At Goal

Targets Inside 50
14 - Naughton
11 - Bruce, English
3 - Scott

Unforced Turnovers

No Pressure Errors

Turnovers Punished By Goals
1 - English, McNeil, Williams, Young

Goals Kicked By Opponent
3 - Young
2 - Dunkley
1 - English, Hunter, Keath

Pressure Gauge

Free Kick Summary
View attachment 1099013

Score Sources
View attachment 1099014
I know it's based on some technical definition but really Libba giving away his free (and a goal) should also be called a turnover punished by a goal.

Expected Score

Centre Bounce Attendance
19 - Macrae
18 - Martin
15 - Treloar
13 - Bontempelli
11 - Liberatore
9 - Dunkley
4 - English

65 - Martin (30/6)
27 - English (8/4)
7 - Keath (2/0)

Hitouts To Advantage

First Possessions

Tackle Efficiency

Score Launches
3 - Bontempelli, Macrae

Shots At Goal

Targets Inside 50
14 - Naughton
11 - Bruce, English
3 - Scott

Unforced Turnovers

No Pressure Errors

Turnovers Punished By Goals
1 - English, McNeil, Williams, Young

Goals Kicked By Opponent
3 - Young
2 - Dunkley
1 - English, Hunter, Keath

Pressure Gauge

Free Kick Summary
View attachment 1099013

Score Sources
View attachment 1099014

How do goals kicked by opponent work? Surely Libba and Vander should have one each for giving a free and 50 respectively. I assume they’ve been allocated to someone else who was nominally matched up on them at the time.

How do goals kicked by opponent work? Surely Libba and Vander should have one each for giving a free and 50 respectively. I assume they’ve been allocated to someone else who was nominally matched up on them at the time.

Just replying to myself but these stats aren’t right. Wood was on Hipwood for the first goal and l’m pretty sure Duryea was on Lyons at the stoppage when he kicked a goal.

Does anyone think that Caleb might be looking at time off for that tackle? I was at the game and haven't seen a slow-mo. A beast of a tackle that will see him competing in Tokyo in some strange Mongolian sport that we never heard of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think that Caleb might be looking at time off for that tackle? I was at the game and haven't seen a slow-mo. A beast of a tackle that will see him competing in Tokyo in some strange Mongolian sport that we never heard of.
Because the player was ok, it will be a fine I reckon

Probably a fine

Just replying to myself but these stats aren’t right. Wood was on Hipwood for the first goal and l’m pretty sure Duryea was on Lyons at the stoppage when he kicked a goal.

You are right, I just looked at the vision and Wood was on Hipwood.

It probably will be corrected during the week once the game gets reviewed but officially Wood gave up no goals. Matchups are difficult to call live and almost always get changed in the following days.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 8.37.58 pm.png

I know it's based on some technical definition but really Libba giving away his free (and a goal) should also be called a turnover punished by a goal.

The stat Turnover Punished By Goal is literally just a turnover that results in a goal from that chain. Free kicks aren't counted as turnovers but scores from free kicks and 50mp are recorded.

Scores From Free Kicks
WB: 3.1
BL: 1.0

Scores From 50MP

WB:
BL: 1.0

Bevo makes me so nervous.

It’s taken him 7 years to realise having a genuine ruckman is good for an elite midfield

We unearth a star in Young who wouldn’t have been given a chance if gardner didn’t get injured

He continues to play two kids who Just aren’t up to it while cavarra and west can’t get a look in
If only it was that simple eh

I see it differently. I reckon Youngy has now possibly become the player we need due to working on things required in the 2’s much like Williams did a few years back.

We hear plenty of noise in here regarding selections, but surely the MC have it covered and know when players are ready??
I totally get that. But I feel cavarra and west shown better form than McNeil and Scott and lost their spot for a lot less.

Bevo obviously does do so much good for us and is perfect in nearly every way but yeah these little mind boggling things like what you’ve mentioned is just sooo frustrating. How are these things so hard for him to see but sooooooo obvious to so many of us?

Everyone’s so surprised at Young’s game today. I’m not, not at all. He’s always shown so much more potential than Gardner, and the last footy he played in the side in 2019 was good. Imagine we had the 10+ games we’ve put into Gardner the past year into developing a player like Young.
100% mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back