Banter RDT 158 - Beers at Badgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd never heard of DMX until today. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable, so was shocked to find out there was something I didn't know.

A thought I had the other day: All of Prince, Michael Jackson and David Bowie had soaring music sales within minutes of their death. At this day in social media and the like, how easy would it be to fake you're own death (as a musician), earn some serious coin, then come back from a camping trip playing completely ignorant?

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
A thought I had the other day: All of Prince, Michael Jackson and David Bowie had soaring music sales within minutes of their death. At this day in social media and the like, how easy would it be to fake you're own death (as a musician), earn some serious coin, then come back from a camping trip playing completely ignorant?
Bowie is not dead. I refuse to believe it.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Beers at Badger's, 'shrooms at Dan's.

If only it was that much fun here. Spent the whole day cooking for little dudes third birthday party. Wrapping presents tonight and packing two cars full of party stuff the mrs hired without any idea as to how we'd get it to the venue.

My big mistake was putting my feet up for 10 minutes and opening a beer in the third quarter and thinking I'd settle in to watch us smack the Saints. But the show must go on!

If only it was that much fun here. Spent the whole day cooking for little dudes third birthday party. Wrapping presents tonight and packing two cars full of party stuff the mrs hired without any idea as to how we'd get it to the venue.

My big mistake was putting my feet up for 10 minutes and opening a beer in the third quarter and thinking I'd settle in to watch us smack the Saints. But the show must go on!

Nice, what did you get the young fella?

Packing cars? You're not planning for a park party with the incoming weather!?

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Nice, what did you get the young fella?

Packing cars? You're not planning for a park party with the incoming weather!?

Wooden train set thing. Total flashback to my youth. Used to have one at Grandma and Grandpa's place. Absolutely disgusted with what the wife paid for it but I'll get plenty of use out of it.. uh... He'll get plenty of use out of it.

And some books and little click together bits and pieces.

Nah we've hired a little community centre function room thing. Was going to be too much work having everyone to our place. Absolute fluke we had this booked with how the weather has turned out. Also a fluke we've hired heaps of play things for the kids, like the vinyl type of obstacle course things you find in those play centres.

This is his first actual party (illness then Covid ruined 1st and 2nd..) I'm pretty adamant we'll just go to the zoo next year after all this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back