Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sun Apr 11 @ MCG 3:20 pm - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to have not been the best conditions at Deakin today for the VFL, and while Jenkins did kick 3 goals there really didn't seem too many positive mentions regarding our tall forward stocks & their performances

In the VFL we kicked 8.10, Jenkins kicking 3 but not even in the bests

So maybe it's just not the weather for tall stock

Besides, Hawkins tends to enjoy the wet weather so it could suit him tomorrow

I think he'll go well. Still think we'll get done though!

Scroll Down and choose this

View attachment 1098588

edit: What's your membership level? This is an away game so if you don't normally get free access to away games in Melbourne then you won't this year either.
Thanks mate. I initially tried that on my phone, but whilst it was listed as 0.00 when I advanced to the payment screen it would try to charge me. I just tried again on my PC and it worked properly. So if anyone else is having the same issue, use your PC instead of phone.

It’s less about team selection and almost all about game style.

If we bring the same slow crap that we’ve been playing with so far - we lose, or we win in a boring arm wrestle. But a win this way is paper over the cracks.

If we tweak our style and play faster more efficient, with flair and confidence - we win.

If we tweak our style and play faster more efficient, with flair and confidence - we win.
Yeah nah.

We aren’t skilled enough to play fast footy for 4 quarters and win. We get burned on the way back, as Scott eluded to on Footy Classified.

Round 1 we were too fast and lost our structures. You may hate it but conservative ball use with flashes of fast play is our go, we cannot sustain the rage.

Yeah nah.

We aren’t skilled enough to play fast footy for 4 quarters and win. We get burned on the way back, as Scott eluded to on Footy Classified.

Round 1 we were too fast and lost our structures. You may hate it but conservative ball use with flashes of fast play is our go, we cannot sustain the rage.
Scott is quite elusive in most media appearances.

Hmm.

Firstly, I don't mind Zach Guthrie. To drop a promising 1st year player for a 5th year player after they made a nice debut is f****** stupid though.

Nearly every other young player that has come through and debuted has been given the opportunity of around 4 games on the trot to get their feet wet. To drop a guy who practically forced his way into the side by 2 reserves BOG's and then performed fine on his debut is piss poor in my opinion.

I love what the club does 95% of the time and then get past the other 5%. This is just crap though. Constable is the red-headed step child and was given a plethora of games to start 2019. 11 defenders in a team and we can't squeeze a bloke who plays wing/onball for his 2nd game after performing relatively well on his debut is absolute crap.

He's 18 years old. If he truly didn't pull up well, they wouldn't have even played him for a half in the VFL let alone risk him playing a full game should he need to come on as a medical sub. Absolute crap.

Couldn't care less what you think if I'm being honest.

I am however true to my word and won't buy another membership until Scott has gone. So take that for what you will.

PS: I have more years of membership than you've had life.
Whooo!! Wow!!!! So high and mighty. I’m in such awe of you. You are a complete jackass. You may not like Z Guthrie but he is human, a young man and part of the Geelong football club, your description of him is shithouse. Pull your head in bully boy. You may think you’re the godfather but your nothing more than an inflated ego.

Bingo.

I'm not sure why people would pay to go watch that sh*t style we serve up.

At least play someone who has potential to make the grade. Zac is just dirt you use to fill up a hole in the ground.
Thought you were better than that. Abysmal use of words to describe a player on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zuthrie yet another chance * sake! the rest of the selections were to be expected.I'd have still gone with Fort even with the prospect of rain that would allow you to leave Blitz down back if required,Stanley to rest forward helping take players away from Hawkins over all it makes the side more flexible,I see Zuth as a very vanilla and lazy selection by the MC.

Hmm.

Firstly, I don't mind Zach Guthrie. To drop a promising 1st year player for a 5th year player after they made a nice debut is f****** stupid though.

Nearly every other young player that has come through and debuted has been given the opportunity of around 4 games on the trot to get their feet wet. To drop a guy who practically forced his way into the side by 2 reserves BOG's and then performed fine on his debut is piss poor in my opinion.

I love what the club does 95% of the time and then get past the other 5%. This is just crap though. Constable is the red-headed step child and was given a plethora of games to start 2019. 11 defenders in a team and we can't squeeze a bloke who plays wing/onball for his 2nd game after performing relatively well on his debut is absolute crap.

He's 18 years old. If he truly didn't pull up well, they wouldn't have even played him for a half in the VFL let alone risk him playing a full game should he need to come on as a medical sub. Absolute crap.
Holmes looked cooked by 3 quarter time and has to back up off a 6 day break, why are people surprised that hes omitted? He didnt play VFL either so not sure what your point was there.

Well the grand final was a month later so we can't really say anyone should be cherry ripe until round 5. If you want to get us the same preseason that a non finalist side would have got in previous years that won't be until round 8
All this “but we played in a GF so our preparation is weeks behind....” hasn’t stopped Richmond playing fast, and attractive footy. Just seems like excuses and spin for a crap game style :rolleyes:

Whooo!! Wow!!!! So high and mighty. I’m in such awe of you. You are a complete jackass. You may not like Z Guthrie but he is human, a young man and part of the Geelong football club, your description of him is shithouse. Pull your head in bully boy. You may think you’re the godfather but your nothing more than an inflated ego.
Vitriol in this post aside, being human, part of club etc. is all very well. Zuthrie still needs to be finally judged on his *performances* in the team - evidence to date has shown him to be totally lacking on that measure.

All this “but we played in a GF so our preparation is weeks behind....” hasn’t stopped Richmond playing fast, and attractive footy. Just seems like excuses and spin for a crap game style :rolleyes:
Richmond can sustain their play style for 15 minutes if they are lucky at the moment, a mile off their best, will be greatful to have played Carlton and Hawthorn.

Hmm.

Interesting rant when you consider that Holmes didn’t pull up well as you could see he struggled in the 4th qtr with cramps and having a 6day turn around he just wasn’t able to pull up

but no clearly the club hates him 🙄🙄🙄🙄

No doubt we need to be bringing in more quality youth. Particularly mids. And players need to make way for those incoming. Just hope that Guthrie is the first out the door. For him to be retained whilst Fogarty is racking up 25 touches in the last fortnight is a bit galling.
Who was Fogarty displacing for these sort of midfield minutes this year? He went to Carlton to get more midfield time that he wasn't going to get in a team with Danger, Duncan, Guthrie, Menegola and Selwood. I seriously doubt he was shown his papers and chose to be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back