Prediction Changes v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty obvious JLo reads BigFooty since he changed his mind on selection. However, I don't mind him taking all the credit tomorrow when we win. The satisfaction that I have made a positive change in this world is enough.

Thank you Mother Theresa

I would like to see us try it. Gawn does it on the regular.

Gawn drops a kick behind the play, and does it extremely effectively. Lobb can ruck in a similar fashion and when he drops a kick behind the ball is an elite player. He’s an average key forward in my opinion. An around the ground ruckman given time and space to intercept mark he’s very good.

Everyone mentioning Treacey as a key forward is dreaming. He’s a 3rd tall in this day and age. Bit like Membrey / Darling / Heeney...they are lead up targets who can contest a mark. But they aren’t your key posts. Players are getting taller and faster, it’s 200cm these days to be a linch pin key forward.

Everyone mentioning Treacey as a key forward is dreaming. He’s a 3rd tall in this day and age. Bit like Membrey / Darling / Heeney...they are lead up targets who can contest a mark. But they aren’t your key posts. Players are getting taller and faster, it’s 200cm these days to be a linch pin key forward.
Matthew Taberner is only three cm taller, but conversely, is 5 kg lighter, so make of that what you will...

That's fine
It's a lead up that we are missing

I have no idea what to expect from this team. None whatsoever. And I'm fed up feeling like that.
We feel way too tall.
And Watson is an uninspiring in!

It's just so MEH. Again. Another week of heading down to Optus with that nervous intrepidation of an impending defeat.

Young teams are inconsistent right!

Jeez - so from swapping Fyfe with Walters and a 'Tabs + a resting ruck should do just fine' mantra to a 'let's pile on every available tall' in the space of a week.

I'm as interested in seeing what Traecy and Sturt can come up with but it's the reactive changes that bother me... it reeks of insecurity and lack of confidence. Let's hope it doesn't become a long term. feature of Longmuir's tenure.

In my view it's got to be Tabs, Treacy and the resting ruck in forward. Sturt plays high half forward and Fyfe plays pure mid.

It is not about the height, the weight or the speed - it will be his intent, aggression and execution

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he has been given time to practise being our new wing in replacement of Acres
Longmuir is trying to get some value from our overstocked group of HBFs. He isn’t using Duman, has depth for the HBF position, and is likely looking to move him on. Playing him on a wing may turn him into a trade option, or it may provide an alternative position to use him in.

In contrast Acres is a best 22 regular so the coach sees it differently from what some posters on here do. Aish, Frederick, Chapman, Bewley, Duman, Giro, Henry, O’Driscoll, Colyer, Tucker, Cerra and others can all plausibly play the wing role, yet as soon as Acres is fit and available Longmuir brings him in.

Not only that, but Longmuir all but publicly guaranteed Acres the wing position. Yes he dropped him once, but as soon as he showed form, he was back. When you break all that down Acres looks very much like a player the coach supports and wants in the team.

Last edited:

Some really bizarre player choices. Membrey is 5cm shorter. Heeney is 184cm and a genuine flanker/midfielder. Darling might be the third tallest in WC's forward line, but still would be considered a KPF. The dominant big forward this year is old Tex Walker. The same size as Treacy.

And who is saying Treacy is our "key" (in terms of #1) forward? He is our 2nd KPF, simple as that. Maybe he is our 3rd banana when Lobb returns. But he would still be a KPF. I think you are taking the "key" word a bit too literally.

We need to win this one.

The fact that it is possible to shift 12 positions upward (as high as 5th) on the ladder today should be motivation. Most likely whoever wins will be 10th and the loser in the bottom 4 another week. Get it done boys.

No excuses with their best player out. Margetts already umpired Claremont v SF yesterday.

Treacy is 2cm taller than Pav. I wouldn’t have any concerns on Pav as KPF due to height?

Oscar Allen is the same height

Also it’s wet and we’ve brought in 4 tallish players and still have 2 rucks on top of that, the balance looks wrong.
It's not guaranteed to be wet. It actually looks like there is a good chance there will not be rain during the game, will likely be windy though.

Most of the rain is coming through overnight into Monday morning.

It's not guaranteed to be wet. It actually looks like there is a good chance there will not be rain during the game, will likely be windy though.

Most of the rain is coming through overnight into Monday morning.

It's raining now and forecast is for potential rain all day.

Longmuir is trying to get some value from our overstocked group of HBFs. He isn’t using Duman, has depth for the HBF position, and is likely looking to move him on. Playing him on a wing may turn him into a trade option, or it may provide an alternative position to use him in.

In contrast Acres is a best 22 regular so the coach sees it differently from what some posters on here do. Aish, Frederick, Chapman, Bewley, Duman, Giro, Henry, O’Driscoll, Colyer, Tucker, Cerra and others can all plausibly play the wing role, yet as soon as Acres is fit and available Longmuir brings him in.

Not only that, but Longmuir all but publicly guaranteed Acres the wing position. Yes he dropped him once, but as soon as he showed form, he was back. When you break all that down Acres looks very much like a player the coach supports and wants in the team.

It’s bloody disappointing that once again Acres gets the gig and that JLo didn’t follow through on his tough talk during the week about selection but the reality is that only two of the players you named are either capable and/or available for selection and they’re both in the team playing another role. Duman looks like he may be close now but I have doubts he’d be all that much better.
Acres needs a big game today and most important of all we need to get a quality wingman into our side during trade and drafting!!! Reading the article about Langdon being in career best form this season, being given a license to attack and that Melb targeted him to fill a need on their wing is annoying. We still haven’t replaced Hill and Langdon! Hopefully one or two of the youngsters on our squad can develop into that player but it’s a long way off on current form.

He's 5cm taller than Membrey, 1cm shorter than Kennedy. Being a full forward isn't just about height, he could fill the position. Could probably grow another cm or two as well, still very young.

It's raining now and forecast is for potential rain all day.
As a weather fanatic, I'm confident in what I said.

So, just cause it's raining now, that means it's going to rain this afternoon as well? Of course not.

The ground will be wet, yes, but there is a good chance it will not actually be raining during the game.

There is likely to be light rain up to lunch, hopefully it eases off then, and we'll get heavy rain later tonight and into tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back