hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
For starters there's no way Worrell comes in ti replace Frampton after training with the defenders all pre-season and in every trial game and his 2 SANFL games.
And neither Thilthorpe or Himmelberg have done anything in the 2 SANFL games they've played that's close to getting a call up to AFL unless Billy stinks it up big time tomorrow or we cop an injury
You play talent, Billy isn't a talent.

I wouldn't waste time with Berg but RT should come in.

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
For starters there's no way Worrell comes in ti replace Frampton after training with the defenders all pre-season and in every trial game and his 2 SANFL games.
And neither Thilthorpe or Himmelberg have done anything in the 2 SANFL games they've played that's close to getting a call up to AFL unless Billy stinks it up big time tomorrow or we cop an injury
Regarding Worrell, Nick's could take a page out of Blighty's book and throw Worrell up forward anyway. It worked well for Blight in the 1997 GF. (Shane Ellen).

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Regarding Worrell, Nick's could take a page out of Blighty's book and throw Worrell up forward anyway. It worked well for Blight in the 1997 GF. (Shane Ellen).
Yes we hear this often but it worked a grand total of once.

FWIW I think the guy could play anywhere, but he looks VERY good in defence

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nick's doesn't strike me as a gambler but the Shane Ellen move was genius. Agree that Worrell could play up forward. Played there prior to being drafted by us and took many a mark.

"Pick #28: Josh Worrell" on YouTube

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
People say this about someone every year, so I look forward to seeing how bad they actually are

if he can kick he’s already better
They well and truly stink but our cryponite McDonald is back. Expect him to go the knuckle on some kid like he usually does and play the match of his life. I'm hoping one of our kids will run straight through him first to say hello.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Back in my day you'd play the match before, your match and the match after.

These kids these days and those dopey medical know it alls are just ruining the engines of those kids
Or something like that.
Hell you'd play 2 matches on the same day, and then run water for the A grade for your canteen voucher.

Hell you'd play 2 matches on the same day, and then run water for the A grade for your canteen voucher.
At school, I would get to the ground deliberately earlier, so I could have a run in the reserves before the senior game.

I guess when your young, footy is fun and a joy to play.

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our new lord and saviour Sportsbet is showing the money moving away from us.

NERVOUS MOMENTS.....with Sportsbet. Gamble responsibly.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
The real question is who will be coming out for Pedlar?
Thylacinus too:
I'd forgotten about Pedlar entirely, touted by the AFL as " the biggest bull" in his draft.
I can't recall having a genuine centre square player who can break the lines like Pedlar since Dangerfield.
How has his development been? Is he ready for AFL? If yes, he may well force McHenry out (?).

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'd forgotten about Pedlar entirely, touted by the AFL as " the biggest bull" in his draft.
How has his development been? Is he ready for AFL? If yes, he may well force McHenry out (?).
Kicked 3 in his first SANFL game yesterday.

Ran out of gas but once that match fitness comes he'll be in the side quick

McHenry out isn't a great choice. He's one of the main drivers for how much pressure we've been applying. In the top 40 in the league (and 5th best at the club) in that facet. I'd take Murphy out of the lineup before McHenry.

As much as we're running out of players to drop, Ned has done enough to be worth persisting with until the bye.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
McHenry out isn't a great choice. He's one of the main drivers for how much pressure we've been applying. In the top 40 in the league (and 4th best at the club) in that facet. I'd take Murphy out of the lineup before McHenry.
Good point.
Do they want to play Pedlar forward, or as a mid? Both? I was thinking McHenry because Pedlar has McHenry's toughness but a bigger frame. Tbh, I like Murphy's mongrel as well, but he should be kicking more goals.
Good problem to have.

Crowstar

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good point.
Do they want to play Pedlar forward, or as a mid? Both? I was thinking McHenry because Pedlar has McHenry's toughness but a bigger frame. Tbh, I like Murphy's mongrel as well, but he should be kicking more goals.
Good problem to have.
Murphy is next man out every day of the week. He tries hard but not enough weapons

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Quite possibly. Ill keep an eye out today.
No LOL's about it, anyone that watches closely could not have possibly missed the good work Murphy's being doing around the stoppages.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
No LOL's about it, anyone that watches closely could not have possibly missed the good work Murphy's being doing around the stoppages.
Murph just needs to make the most of his 1-3 opportunities in front of goal. I'm just glad he's playing up the ground more and not having the ball bombed on his head.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Murphy is next man out every day of the week. He tries hard but not enough weapons
Nah. Frampton is first player out. I would argue he is the only completely non-AFL standard player we have at the moment in the team.

there is a bunch of low hanging fruit thereafter such as Murphy, Kelly, Brown (I have been a huge Brown fan but he is waning massively), Seed.

then you move onto the likes of Tom Lynch where the decisions get harder to make.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Oh you're being serious haha
Ok ill seriously watch today then.
Averaging 3 clearances a game is nothing to be sneezed at from a small forward bud.

Compares pretty favourably with one of this board's golden boys Schoenberg who has spent more time on ball than Murphy I think you'd agree?

And yes I think it's time Schoenberg started getting a bit more exposure in the midfield.

1618102910478.png

1618103135462.png

Last edited:
Nah. Frampton is first player out. I would argue he is the only completely non-AFL standard player we have at the moment in the team.

there is a bunch of low hanging fruit thereafter such as Murphy, Kelly, Brown (I have been a huge Brown fan but he is waning massively), Seed.

then you move onto the likes of Tom Lynch where the decisions get harder to make.

Oh Seedsman is still here? There is your Pedlar fodder.

Back