Autopsy Round 4 = Collingwood 60-90 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

As s**t as we are and how boring and monotonous we are with selection and game plan etc I’m nearly more sick of the Grundy chatter every single time we lose. Never praise him in a win where he carries us but always his fault when we lose. Bloke can’t win.
Always about the size of his contract and never any talk about his worth to our team, it’s honestly soooooo repetitive, find something new to cry about. If we didn’t have Grundy we would get shat on every single week.

Disagree. A new coach will get the best out of Grundy and he'll be back to being a dominant AA ruckman.

Not on that contract. Ruckman are not worth that much.....especially if it is Clarkson.

The first thing a new coach will do is go and recruit some tall forwards and get some pressure forwards.

As sh*t as we are and how boring and monotonous we are with selection and game plan etc I’m nearly more sick of the Grundy chatter every single time we lose. Never praise him in a win where he carries us but always his fault when we lose. Bloke can’t win.
Always about the size of his contract and never any talk about his worth to our team, it’s honestly soooooo repetitive, find something new to cry about. If we didn’t have Grundy we would get shat on every single week.
Why would we get shat on every week??? Buckley himself said that ruck contests are overrated, and teams that know will be beaten in the ruck can set up to negate that. We lose the centre clearances every week, whether you think $7m man plays well or not, so how much worse can we be? Can we lose-lose clearances? Or lose-lose-lose clearances? There is no magnitude to losing clearances...

It’s gone beyond whether or not it’s his fault. 10 years. Change is necessary.
I’m sure Bucks had some say in who he wanted to keep or leave but he wasnt the one handing out overpriced contracts to players, he’s not responsible for the salary cap mess. List requirements and developing players and game plan yes he is.
He doesn’t have the playing group. Theres no question he’s not going to be around next season it’s what he does between now and then that’s most important to our future.

The lack of imagination and dare is what annoys me the most, both at selection and game day. Moore could be arguably the best swing man in the game, but no, leaves him parked back. Daics career best season on the wing, but no, Madgen goes there. IQ needs to be played as an attacking backman, run and carry, not accountable for the oppositions best forward when Maynard usually keeps him quiet. Adam’s off injured but didn’t once see Degoey moved into the middle for some grunt. We are boring, slow, and predictable.

Why would we get shat on every week??? Buckley himself said that ruck contests are overrated, and teams that know will be beaten in the ruck can set up to negate that. We lose the centre clearances every week, whether you think $7m man plays well or not, so how much worse can we be? Can we lose-lose clearances? Or lose-lose-lose clearances? There is no magnitude to losing clearances...

So if other teams can learn to shark off Grundy’s hit outs ever stood to think maybe it’s the fact we don’t have one clearance midfielder outside of Adams and every single one of our other midfielders are seagull sit outside the packs waiting for easy ball hacks who don’t like the contest or to win their own ball?

I cannot believe for the life of me that we have a thousand mid forward types on our list and only ONE of them can win their own ball. It’s pathetic, they all just stand there flat footed, never hit the contest at pace or moving, Adams is the only one on our entire list who does it. Grundy can only do so much, we need bigger bodied mids who can attack the contest and win the ball at ground level and then dish it out to the outside hacks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As sh*t as we are and how boring and monotonous we are with selection and game plan etc I’m nearly more sick of the Grundy chatter every single time we lose. Never praise him in a win where he carries us but always his fault when we lose. Bloke can’t win.

Yeh he was dominant against a 17yo last week...

And looked disinterested against a 45yo cripple this week.

The lack of imagination and dare is what annoys me the most, both at selection and game day. Moore could be arguably the best swing man in the game, but no, leaves him parked back. Daics career best season on the wing, but no, Madgen goes there. IQ needs to be played as an attacking backman, run and carry, not accountable for the oppositions best forward when Maynard usually keeps him quiet. Adam’s off injured but didn’t once see Degoey moved into the middle for some grunt. We are boring, slow, and predictable.

Like we did in the Carlton game for a lot of it. Took the game on, moved the ball quicker, nice leading patterns and movement in the forward line. A Carlton mate said to me ‘ gee they look better than last week’ against the Bullies. I told him id get back to him in a few weeks with which game was the anomaly. Clear now which it was.

Grundy is overpaid IMO but I think he is far from finished. I think he can and will come good with a new coaching group. I think he will recreate his best form.

So if other teams can learn to shark off Grundy’s hit outs ever stood to think maybe it’s the fact we don’t have one clearance midfielder outside of Adams and every single one of our other midfielders are seagull sit outside the packs waiting for easy ball hacks who don’t like the contest or to win their own ball?

I cannot believe for the life of me that we have a thousand mid forward types on our list and only ONE of them can win their own ball. It’s pathetic, they all just stand there flat footed, never hit the contest at pace or moving, Adams is the only one on our entire list who does it. Grundy can only do so much, we need bigger bodied mids who can attack the contest and win the ball at ground level and then dish it out to the outside hacks.
Adam’s went off injured and Degoey - who is probably the only one that can win a hard ball one on one - is left standing in the goal square.

And ... one of the most turnover ridden players we have now - he gave up two goals to GWS in first qtr alone. two last week also
Nothing new.....he does turnover two often
Greene has destroyed many players and teams, not sure why its surprises people he is a genuine elite player superstar. If he played for pies he'd be talked up as the 2nd coming.
Correct weight

Adam’s went off injured and Degoey - who is probably the only one that can win a hard ball one on one - is left standing in the goal square.

That’s on coaching. I had faith in bucks and backed him to the hills for so long but I’m done with that now, he’s like Eddie just has to go. He’s a boring and monotonous coach who is always seventeen steps behind the eight ball.

I was actually happy to IQ on Greene, he went okay and if he’s going to learn on the job then that’s a valuable lesson for him. He was clearly beaten a few times but open centre clearances and turnover like we had and it wouldn’t have mattered who played on him.

Maybe because Grundy taps the ball to his feet. If you say our mids are like seagulls on the outside, then that is the coaches (looking at you Harvey and Sando) fault. I think it’s the other way around. Our mids look to get to the feet of Grundy, and if they get the ball, they have no one to dish it out to because all the opposition mids surround us.
I thing the problem is with Grundy, and his inability to direct his taps. Watch him ruck, and you will never see him tap in a different direction to where he is heading. Unlike NicNat, or Gawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back