Game Day Geelong v Melbourne Sun Apr 11 @ MCG 3:20 pm - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We looked just as sh*thouse in this corresponding game last year and that was WITH Danger.

As I've said, if we're doing this in May and June we've got issues. Until then it's just a bump in the road.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Enough bumps and the season is over though. Still have to bank enough wins when not at your best to set up a genuine shot at the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they the same Close and Miers who have been instrumental in our only goals scored so far?

Close has actually been one of our best - no idea what game you're watching?
Interesting that you'd focus on that part of my post and not the part about calling the team garbage, which it very clearly is

When you build a list with a lot of plodders with the idea of constantly controlling the ball and having little leg speed, its on you.
That 4 games ago was in a GF.
This time last year we had lost to GWS (Crows), scraped past Melbourne (Brisbane/Hawthorn) and been upset by the blues.

But by all means continue the folly that removing Scott solves the issue, it doesn't.

A clearance game like this is totally not for us.
Our defence with no help struggles to defend and use the ball without a lot of spare numbers around.
Great kick by Stanley though considering the conditions.

In his defence, at least that was after a GF although it was a bit overboard

Some in here are melting during a round 4 game with some of our top players out. There's a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We could have the Geelong 2009 list and we would look like dogshit, and that team would have been perfectly suited to the current play style.

Scotts gameplan is atrocious.

It actually saddens me how fickle so many of you are being now. We have literally no-one to pick from, as our injury list is to such key players.

The only place we haven't been dealt mass injuries, is to our defence - and that's the only place that's holding up.

These are the players missing from our Forward line:

Jeremy Cameron
Ratugolea
Rohan
Danger (to pinch hit)
Evans
Shaun Higgins
Sam Simpson

These are the players missing from our Midfield:

Dangerfield (when not up forward)
Shaun Higgins (extra rotation)
Parfitt
Sam Simpson (extra rotation)
Cooper Stephens (was meant to get a lot of game time this year but had a few injuries)

These are the players who can ruck who haven't been available most of the season:

Fort
Ratugolea

That is a lot of very key players missing, and especially in very key areas of the ground.

Stop f*cking melting when we clearly don't have the cavalry at the moment to play the way we want to - like we did in the back half of last year with measured play then blinding link up chains once we found our spare man.

Wait until we actually have all of our players (or most at least) available, and then make assessments. Some of you just look pathetic with these complete breakdowns and hysterical commentary.

Richmond were in the exact same boat 'til halfway through 2019, but even when all and sundry wrote them off, at least their supporters backed them in - no matter how arrogant they seemed.

It's not all over 4 games into the season. A lot will change from here.

Seriously, grow up.

Stanley is a better forward then ruck.
And I think Henry is a better defender then forward - though he can be a handy forward when the opposition don't have time to plan for it

It's just whether Blicavs is a better ruck or defender or is we go for with what's better for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back